Author Topic: Trump’s former girlfriend: New York Times 'spun' my comments  (Read 2392 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
http://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box/presidential-races/279986-trumps-former-girlfriend-he-was-a-gentleman

May 16, 2016, 07:55 am
Trump’s former girlfriend: New York Times 'spun' my comments
By Mark Hensch

A woman who dated Donald Trump said early Monday that The New York Times "spun" her comments for an article about the presumptive presidential nominee's treatment of women, adding that he always treated her respectfully. 

“He never made me feel like I was being demeaned in any way,” Rowanne Brewer Lane said on Fox News’s “Fox & Friends.”

“He never offended me in any way,” the former model added. "He was very gracious. I saw him around all types of people, all types of women. He was very kind, thoughtful, generous. I did not have a negative experience with Donald Trump.”
The New York Times on Sunday published an article documenting Trump’s past behavior with women.

The newspaper’s report said that the outspoken billionaire both nurtured women’s careers and demeaned their appearance, creating a “complex, at times contradictory portrait.”

Lane on Monday said that the Times had distorted her account of the time she spent as Trump’s companion.

“The New York Times told us several times that they would make sure that my story I was telling would come across,” she said.

“They told me and my manager several times that it would not be a hit piece and that my story come across in the way I was telling it and accurately. It absolutely was not. I don’t appreciate them making it look like it was a negative experience,” she added.

"They spun it to where it appeared negative. I did not have a negative experience with Donald Trump"

Trump later tweeted that "Rosanne" Brewer Lane said on the show that the Times "lied."

Wow, Rosanne Brewer Lane, the most prominently depicted women in the failing @nytimes story yesterday,is on @foxandfriends saying Times lied

— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) May 16, 2016
Trump on Sunday blasted the newspaper's reporting, calling the publication “failing” and criticizing their article as “a lame hit piece."

Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline don-o

• Worldview Moderator
  • FR Class of '98
Re: Trump’s former girlfriend: New York Times 'spun' my comments
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2016, 02:11:54 pm »
http://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box/presidential-races/279986-trumps-former-girlfriend-he-was-a-gentleman

May 16, 2016, 07:55 am

“He never made me feel like I was being demeaned in any way,” Rowanne Brewer Lane said on Fox News’s “Fox & Friends.”

So, she actually likes showing off her body when requested to do so by a rich and powerful man? That's fine, I guess. Still, I wonder if it is possible to ascertain how many women, putting themselves in her place, are disgusted imagining it happening to them?

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2016, 02:26:14 pm »
She did not come across as believable when I saw her on the news. Body language and her shifty eyes made me think she received a payday to claim her story was spun.
Principles matter. Words matter.

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2016, 02:36:36 pm »
So, she actually likes showing off her body when requested to do so by a rich and powerful man? That's fine, I guess. Still, I wonder if it is possible to ascertain how many women, putting themselves in her place, are disgusted imagining it happening to them?

I recently had a business conference out in Vegas.  We wanted to hire a local person to help staff our booth.   So we went to local talent companies to find a person.    My staff filtered through the "sleazy" outfits and gave me about 20 women to pick from.   

All of the profiles for these women had bikini shots and some had topless pictures.   I commented to my staff that I knew their shoe size, bra size, and weight but had no idea if they even graduated from high school.   Most didn't put anything in their profile regarding education.

A few put in that they had degrees, usually liberal arts or psychology.   The job history usually had titles like 'booth babe', bikini babe, eye candy, and so forth.   The one we picked told us her last job had been to put on a bikini and sit in a sand box for 8 hours.

So yeah there are a lot of women who don't have a problem being eye candy as long as it involves $$.
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Offline mlizzy

• Rosary for Peace
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2016, 02:52:07 pm »
She still likes showing off her body, it seems ~ aging models; so predictable.

What I liked most about this story, though, is after she "poured her heart out" over the Donald, he can't even spell her name right! [The attached tweet was deleted with a new one issued.]

http://www.politico.com/story/2016/05/ex-trump-girlfriend-new-york-times-223205

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: May 16, 2016, 02:59:44 pm by mlizzy »
America needs no words from me to see how your decision in Roe v. Wade has deformed a great nation. The so-called right to abortion has pitted mothers against their children and women against men. Human rights are not a privilege conferred by government. They are every human being's entitlement by virtue of his humanity. The right to life does not depend, and must not be declared to be contingent, on the pleasure of anyone else, not even a parent or a sovereign. -Blessed Mother Teresa of Calcutta

Offline Eowyn

• Don't blame me, I voted for Ted Cruz.
« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2016, 02:53:23 pm »
I wonder how much Trump is paying her.

Silver Pines

« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2016, 03:08:17 pm »

No doubt the "Fox & Friends" crew ate her story up with a spoon.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #7 on: May 16, 2016, 03:25:42 pm »
She still likes showing off her body, it seems ~ aging models; so predictable.

[img wodth=500]http://cdn.pastemagazine.com/www/articles/snl%20dana%20carvey.jpg[/img]

Offline don-o

• Worldview Moderator
  • FR Class of '98
« Reply #8 on: May 16, 2016, 05:04:15 pm »
[img wodth=500]http://cdn.pastemagazine.com/www/articles/snl%20dana%20carvey.jpg[/img]

That's what you got?

How fine it must be to be so, sophisticated, so past all that morality and decency business.

« Reply #9 on: May 16, 2016, 05:05:25 pm »
That's what you got?

How fine it must be to be so, sophisticated, so past all that morality and decency business.

Lighten up, Frances.   :whistle:

Offline BigHomer

• D'oh!
  • Homer no function beer well without
    • Not My Circus
« Reply #10 on: May 16, 2016, 05:17:12 pm »
That's what you got?

I'm sure her comments were only a suggestion
"We must, indeed, all hang together or, most assuredly, we shall all hang separately." ~ Benjamin Franklin

Offline don-o

• Worldview Moderator
  • FR Class of '98
« Reply #11 on: May 16, 2016, 05:19:04 pm »
Lighten up, Frances.   :whistle:

I have ofen seen that term. What exactly is it supposed to mean?

And, if you are talking to me, it should be Francis.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2016, 05:19:36 pm by don-o »

« Reply #12 on: May 16, 2016, 06:05:28 pm »
I have ofen seen that term. What exactly is it supposed to mean?

And, if you are talking to me, it should be Francis.

:shrug:

Offline mlizzy

• Rosary for Peace
« Reply #13 on: May 16, 2016, 10:34:58 pm »
She did not come across as believable when I saw her on the news. Body language and her shifty eyes made me think she received a payday to claim her story was spun.

Yes, maybe so, and have you checked Trump's Twitter feed today? He can't shut up about this [some eleven tweets so far], and I don't really know why. He's been a playboy, and he's admitted to such over and over again.

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump
America needs no words from me to see how your decision in Roe v. Wade has deformed a great nation. The so-called right to abortion has pitted mothers against their children and women against men. Human rights are not a privilege conferred by government. They are every human being's entitlement by virtue of his humanity. The right to life does not depend, and must not be declared to be contingent, on the pleasure of anyone else, not even a parent or a sovereign. -Blessed Mother Teresa of Calcutta

Silver Pines

« Reply #14 on: May 23, 2016, 01:01:00 am »
Yes, maybe so, and have you checked Trump's Twitter feed today? He can't shut up about this [some eleven tweets so far], and I don't really know why. He's been a playboy, and he's admitted to such over and over again.

"Crooked Hillary" is his meme now, I see.  Well, she IS crooked, so why did he donate to her, praise her, and invite her to his wedding?

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #15 on: May 23, 2016, 01:15:35 am »
"Crooked Hillary" is his meme now, I see.  Well, she IS crooked, so why did he donate to her, praise her, and invite her to his wedding?

He doesn't mean ANY of what he says now about Hillary. He's supported the Clinton's for 20 years.  He's donated to their Foundation, invited them to his wedding, said Hillary would make a great president. 

This is all phony.  Trump has no moral moorings, so you really can't believe anything he says, at any time. 

And after all Trump's done to and said about women in his life, why would we believe his fake indignation at Bill Clinton's infidelities?  Hell, he praised the same Jeffrey Epstein Clinton's buddies with.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2016, 01:16:08 am by sinkspur »
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #16 on: May 23, 2016, 01:22:37 am »

That's why I find it really odd that he was so angered over the nude photo of Melania.  Perhaps he paid the photographer to release it so that he could blame Cruz. 
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.