Author Topic: N.Y. Congressman Peter King backs Trump  (Read 458 times)

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

N.Y. Congressman Peter King backs Trump
« on: May 15, 2016, 11:05:03 pm »
http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/n.y.-congressman-peter-king-backs-trump/article/2591397

Rep. Peter King, R-N.Y., is backing presumptive GOP presidential nominee Donald Trump, despite having serious reservations about some of his foreign policy proposals.

"I'm supporting the nominee of the party, but I still have real questions with him as far as national security," King told CBS News on Sunday morning. "I don't think his Asian policy is coherent."

King said he worries Trump would ignite a trade war with China and questioned how a President Trump would "have leverage over China" if the U.S. withdrew its troops from Japan and South Korea, as Trump has suggested he might.

King also finds Trump's admiration of Russian President Vladimir Putin disconcerting, saying he is "very concerned about this romance he seems to have with Putin."

The former chairman of the House Homeland Security Committee said Trump is following President Obama's lead with respect to Russia's invovlement in Syria's five-year civil war.

"And as far as stating that he wants Russia take care of what is happening in Syria, that's Barack Obama's policy," King said.

"I want him to make his policy more coherent," King said, adding "I have too see much more on foreign policy," from Trump before he will stump for the former reality TV star.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=m4gOZ0-IWbg
« Last Edit: May 15, 2016, 11:06:57 pm by Once-Ler »

Offline don-o

• Worldview Moderator
  • FR Class of '98
Re: N.Y. Congressman Peter King backs Trump
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2016, 11:11:20 pm »
He's saying, "I'm backing a candidate who sucks."

Taking crazy talk to the next level.

:bash:

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2016, 11:15:32 pm »
N.Y. Congressman Peter King backs Trump

He also supports terrorists killing innocent people as a result of them carrying out their missions.

Offline CommerceComet

« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2016, 02:18:03 am »
I don't give a crap who Peter King supports. This is the one Republican who would give me unabashed joy if he loses. I can't stand the man.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2016, 02:33:58 am »
I don't give a crap who Peter King supports. This is the one Republican who would give me unabashed joy if he loses. I can't stand the man.

The fact that Peter King is supporting him is yet another excellent reason to not support him!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien