Author Topic: ACU Chairman: Mitt Romney Needs to 'Go Home and Be Quiet'  (Read 376 times)

Offline Right_in_Virginia

ACU Chairman: Mitt Romney Needs to 'Go Home and Be Quiet'
« on: May 15, 2016, 07:37:03 pm »
ACU Chairman: Mitt Romney Needs to 'Go Home and Be Quiet'
Townhall, Leah Barkoukis, May 14, 2016

Mitt Romney devoted an entire speech back in March to attacking Donald Trump in an effort to steer conservatives away from the businessman. Since then, he’s continued hammering the real estate mogul on one issue after another, including Trump’s tax returns. Romney said earlier this week that Trump's refusal to release them was “disqualifying.”

“I don’t know what’s wrong with Mitt Romney. It’s so strange,” American Conservative Union Chairman Matt Schlapp said on Fox News. “He as a candidate didn’t even release his taxes until Harry Reid took to the floor and claimed that maybe he didn’t pay any income taxes at all, and now all of a sudden Mitt Romney is chastising Donald Trump for not releasing his taxes.”

He continued: “A lot of us voted for him [Romney]. I voted for him, I held my nose, he wasn’t a conservative, and now he thinks he’s channeling conservatives in attacking Donald Trump over this. You know what I’d like Mitt Romney to do? Go home and be quiet, or, start focusing on Hillary Clinton. She’s our political opponent.”

Read more:
http://townhall.com/tipsheet/leahbarkoukis/2016/05/14/acu-chairman-mitt-romney-needs-to-go-home-and-be-quiet-n2162853

Re: ACU Chairman: Mitt Romney Needs to 'Go Home and Be Quiet'
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2016, 07:41:03 pm »
Go home and be quiet, or, start focusing on Hillary Clinton. She’s our political opponent.”

Matt Schlapp, a rational Conservative, thank you.

Re: ACU Chairman: Mitt Romney Needs to 'Go Home and Be Quiet'
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2016, 08:07:46 pm »
TTTT