Author Topic: RNC's Priebus: Anti-Trump, Third Party Efforts a 'Suicide Mission'  (Read 20122 times)

Online Right_in_Virginia

Wrong again.  #NeverTrump will not vote for Trump because doing so is to vote for just another lying liberal. 

Nope.  You have the same choice as every other American.  Choose to win with Trump or you choose to win with Hillary.

There is nothing so special about you that you get to sit on the sidelines. 

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
:word:
  If you goons hurt me or my family, you won't get away with it.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Bill Cipher

Not yet, but keep pushing.

Why?  Your boy's the presumptive nominee after all.   

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
Nope.  You have the same choice as every other American.  Choose to win with Trump or you choose to win with Hillary.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/False_dilemma

Offline sinkspur

Go work on those 60 million voting age Americans who won't vote in November.  They don't give a damn so you might have some fertile ground there.

I do give a damn and you're wasting your time here, especially with your back up and making threats. 

Go terrorize some children.  Not me.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Online Right_in_Virginia

Why?  Your boy's the presumptive nominee after all.

Yes, Donald Trump is the presumptive nominee.  Fail to help the team win, continue to aid and abet the political enemy and conservatives will pay the political price.

I promise.

Bill Cipher

Another logical phallasy from a Trump worshiper.  Im not sitting on the sidelines, I'm voting my principles after much consideration of the facts of the matter, and without giving much credence to Trump's self-serving lies.  I'm voting for third party or write-in.  I'm sorry you don't like it, but that's what you get when you nominate someone who goes too far; you're responsible for the resulting loss. Not me; you. 

Online Right_in_Virginia

Go work on those 60 million voting age Americans who won't vote in November.  They don't give a damn so you might have some fertile ground there.

I do give a damn and you're wasting your time here, especially with your back up and making threats. 

Go terrorize some children.  Not me.

What are you worried about?  You're not a conservative.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
Yes, Donald Trump is the presumptive nominee.  Fail to help the team win, continue to aid and abet the political enemy and conservatives will pay the political price.

I promise.
So you admit you are out to destroy conservatism?

Online Right_in_Virginia

Another logical phallasy from a Trump worshiper.  Im not sitting on the sidelines,

Of course you are.  No fallacy about it.

Offline Timber Rattler

• Conservative Purist and Patriot
Politics is hell, Timber.  Work against the winning team and you'll be benched. 

So I suppose that you're going to be the one to bench me?

:silly: 
aka "nasty degenerate SOB," "worst of the worst at Free Republic," "Garbage Troll," "Neocon Warmonger," "Filthy Piece of Trash," "damn $#%$#@!," "Silly f'er," "POS," "war pig," "neocon scumbag," "insignificant little ankle nipper," "@ss-clown," "neocuck," "termite," "Uniparty Deep stater," "Never Trump sack of dog feces," "avid Bidenista," "filthy Ukrainian," "war whore," "fricking chump," psychopathic POS, and depraved SOB.

"In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act."  ---George Orwell

"If you want peace, prepare for war." ---Flavius Vegetius Renatus

Online Right_in_Virginia

So you admit you are out to destroy conservatism?

The conservative fringe is out to destroy America.  What choice would I have?

Bill Cipher

I promise.

Been practicing in front of the mirror with that brown shirt much?

I don't have a team anymore.  You nominated someone who is so far away from being a republican that my principles and conscience won't let me go that far.  I'm sorry if you don't like it, but you should have thought of that before you nominated him. 

Based on my consideration of Trump's actual track record you've done nothing more than nominate a Clinton proxy with a really, really bad hairjob.  I won't vote for their version of Clinton so I find it odd you would think I should vote for your version of Clinton. 

Bill Cipher

Of course you are.  No fallacy about it.

No I'm not.  The only people sitting on the sidelines are those who refuse to vote at all.  I vote, therefore I am not sitting on the sidelines. 

Offline sinkspur

I promise.

No. Republicans will pay the price, and I haven't been a Republican since that limp-wristed Priebus failed to use his moral authority to kill the Trump candidacy in its crib.  And I damn sure won't belong to a party with Trump as the head.

So you go win the presidency, missy.  I'll have no part in it.

Bill Cipher

:silly:

Offline sinkspur

What are you worried about?  You're not a conservative.

I'll put my conservatism up against anybody who votes for a liberal like Trump.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
You sound like Andrew Cuomo.

"Are they these extreme conservatives who are right-to-life, pro-assault-weapon, anti-gay? Is that who they are? Because if that's who they are and they're the extreme conservatives, they have no place (here)."

Bill Cipher

I'll put my conservatism up against anybody who votes for a liberal like Trump.

:thumbsup:

Offline ExFreeper

• USAF 1975-87
As I see it, there are only two options to stop Trump: (1) Prevent 1,237 votes at Convention, or (2) 3rd Party candidate OR candidates preventing either the DEM or GOP reaching 270 electoral votes thus the House selecting our next president.  Both options remain viable however both have their risks, advantages, and disadvantages.

Convention:  There are many ways to prevent Trump receiving 1,237 delegates on the 1st ballot such as changes to the rules allowing individual state bound delegates to vote according to their own beliefs, values, etc., or simply a certain number delegates abstaining on the 1st ballot.  A course chaos would ensue at the convention and the "Branch Trumpidians" would be crying the rest of their lives.

3rd Party Candidate:  I consider this option to be more dangerous with the desired outcome unknown until the night of the election.  Let's say for example, Romney is on the presidential ballot in Utah.  Six (6) electoral votes would be denied to Trump/Clinton.   Let's say for example that Cruz is on the presidential ballot in Texas (i know the deadline is past however this can be challenged by the court system in TX) and therefore Cruz wins the 28 electoral votes.  Another state where this could be accomplished would be Wisconsin. 

Remember that Amendment XII to the Constitution contains the following:

...and if no person have such majority, then from the persons having the highest numbers not exceeding three on the list of those voted for as President, the House of Representatives shall choose immediately, by ballot, the President. But in choosing the President, the votes shall be taken by states, the representation from each state having one vote; a quorum for this purpose shall consist of a member or members from two-thirds of the states, and a majority of all the states shall be necessary to a choice....

The concern here is to make sure the preferred 3rd Party candidate is no less that 3rd place.  I would assume the Libertarian Party is presently the greatest challenge to this 3rd place finish?

Choose your poison pill, either way it will get ugly!  The fat lady has not even started to warm up yet!
"A major source of objection to a free economy is precisely that it gives people what they want instead of what a particular group thinks they ought to want. Underlying most arguments against the free market is a lack of belief in freedom itself." - Milton Friedman

Offline Norm Lenhart

And, let's be clear - nominating Trump was the real suicide mission. After all, #NeverTrump was pretty darn clear about their intent from the get-go. The name even has the word "Never" in it.

And yet, a bunch of people still thought, "Hey! This is a good idea! Let's rally behind this buffoon!"

We told them the same thing about Gov. Baby BBQ. If people want to burn what remains of America to the ground with their liberal 'republicans', then so be it. I didn't hop on the Romney bandwagon and I have zero intent helping in their latest 'Republican Marriage" to the left. Maybe our children or likely grandchildren can sort through the ashes and rediscover a copy of the constitution the modern voter threw away and start over.

Offline Mechanicos

If you goons hurt me or my family, you won't get away with it.
You need to be worrying about Muhammad and MS 13 since thats who you are fighting to let into your neighborhoods.
Trump is for America First.
"Crooked Hillary Clinton is the Secretary of the Status Quo – and wherever Hillary Clinton goes, corruption and scandal follow." D. Trump 7/11/16

Did you know that the word ‘gullible’ is not in the dictionary?

Isaiah 54:17

Offline Norm Lenhart

Don't take this as a personal attack. Take it as a statement of often demonstrated fact. With comments like that, you arent very bright.

Bill Cipher

You need to be worrying about Muhammad and MS 13 since thats who you are fighting to let into your neighborhoods.

Why?  Because only Trump the Saviour can save us from the immigrant invasion?

Offline Norm Lenhart

Your candidate wants a big beautiful door in his wall to let the deported criminals back in. Don't blame us for gangs of muslims. Or Mexican gangs.