Author Topic: RNC's Priebus: Anti-Trump, Third Party Efforts a 'Suicide Mission'  (Read 20121 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
http://www.newsmax.com/PrintTemplate.aspx/?nodeid=728904

Newsmax
RNC's Priebus: Anti-Trump, Third Party Efforts a 'Suicide Mission'
Sunday, May 15, 2016 11:29 AM

Republican National Committee head Reince Priebus declared Sunday the anti-Donald Trump Republicans' effort to launch a third-party bid for the White House is a "suicide mission."

In an interview with CBS News' "Face the Nation," Priebus — days after a closed-door sit-down with the GOP presumptive presidential nominee — warns against a third-party attempt at "blowing everything up."

"It's a suicide mission because you're not only changing and throwing out eight years of the White House" but also jeopardizing the course of the Supreme Court, he replied.

"We could have up to three justices change over in the next eight years. And this is a suicide mission, it is not right," he declared. "And I think what people should do is take the [House Speaker] Paul Ryan approach to work with Donald Trump and find out whether or not there's common ground and whether there can be assurances on the Supreme Court… to make sure that our future is secure down the line as opposed to blowing everything up."

On their high-profile meeting last Thursday, Priebus maintained Ryan and Trump "agree on far more than they disagree."

"They agree on various agenda items," he said. "Paul Ryan's agenda, agree on the Supreme Court. They agree on the platform of the Republican Party. They agree on abortion. I think you've got about 80 percent overlap."
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

HAPPY2BME

Republican National Committee head Reince Priebus declared Sunday the anti-Donald Trump Republicans' effort to launch a third-party bid for the White House is a "suicide mission."

In an interview with CBS News' "Face the Nation," Priebus — days after a closed-door sit-down with the GOP presumptive presidential nominee — warns against a third-party attempt at "blowing everything up."

"It's a suicide mission because you're not only changing and throwing out eight years of the White House" but also jeopardizing the course of the Supreme Court, he replied.

=========================

For once, he gets it right.

Offline bolobaby

How to lose credibility while posting:
1. Trump is never wrong.
2. Default to the most puerile emoticon you can find. This is especially useful when you can't win an argument on merits.
3. Be falsely ingratiating, completely but politely dismissive without talking to the points, and bring up Hillary whenever the conversation is really about conservatism.
4. When all else fails, remember rule #1 and #2. Emoticons are like the poor man's tweet!

Offline bolobaby

And, let's be clear - nominating Trump was the real suicide mission. After all, #NeverTrump was pretty darn clear about their intent from the get-go. The name even has the word "Never" in it.

And yet, a bunch of people still thought, "Hey! This is a good idea! Let's rally behind this buffoon!"
How to lose credibility while posting:
1. Trump is never wrong.
2. Default to the most puerile emoticon you can find. This is especially useful when you can't win an argument on merits.
3. Be falsely ingratiating, completely but politely dismissive without talking to the points, and bring up Hillary whenever the conversation is really about conservatism.
4. When all else fails, remember rule #1 and #2. Emoticons are like the poor man's tweet!

Offline sinkspur

Priebus has already turned into a Trump throne-sniffer:

.@Reince on Trump not releasing his tax returns: "I would not be surprised if people do not care."

He should resign.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline Timber Rattler

• Conservative Purist and Patriot

Hey Rancid...got news for you pal---everything is already blown up!

What a moron!!!
aka "nasty degenerate SOB," "worst of the worst at Free Republic," "Garbage Troll," "Neocon Warmonger," "Filthy Piece of Trash," "damn $#%$#@!," "Silly f'er," "POS," "war pig," "neocon scumbag," "insignificant little ankle nipper," "@ss-clown," "neocuck," "termite," "Uniparty Deep stater," "Never Trump sack of dog feces," "avid Bidenista," "filthy Ukrainian," "war whore," "fricking chump," psychopathic POS, and depraved SOB.

"In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act."  ---George Orwell

"If you want peace, prepare for war." ---Flavius Vegetius Renatus

Offline sinkspur

More Priebus-as-butt-boy:

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
Just remember, something, though: suicide missions can have major impacts.

See: 9/11.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline sinkspur

Evolution of Trump's favorability rating in YouGov, from late June to now:

Dems: 13/80 → 11/87
Indies: 42/51 → 30/64
GOPs: 44/48 → 67/32

geronl

Wince Creepus can't even run his own party properly and is now trying to run other parties and independents.

Bill Cipher

Nominating Trump is the suicide.  The rest is just speculation on where the dead body will fall.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

And, let's be clear - nominating Trump was the real suicide mission.

Try and get out of your own way.  The Republican voters have chosen Trump.  Stand with them now, or they will remember later.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
Try and get out of your own way.  The Republican voters have chosen Trump.  Stand with them now, or they will remember later.
This quote, right here, is what's wrong with the Trump movement. You have NO right to threaten me over my beliefs. NONE! I will not tolerate it. If you want to gang attack me because I dare question your leader's fitness, that reflects worse on you than it does on me.

I've put up with enough bullying in my life. I will be DAMNED if I let some political goon push me around as an adult.

Bill Cipher

No thanks.  The GOP voters committed suicide when they nominated Trump (assuming that as presumptive he'll get the nomination).  It fascinating that the acolytes who worship Donald Trump haven't figured it out yet that it was they who killed the party, who went too far and nominated one of the few people who was just too liberal and too unprincipled for a significant number of fellow GOP'ers to take.  You like to claim that somehow I support Clinton because I don't support Trump - attempting to hold me responsible for the consequences of something I will never do (I am also #NeverClinton).  But you assiduously refuse to accept responsibility for something you have actually done - nominating Trump, the one person you very well knew would never have sufficient support.  It is that nomination that is the cause of the political suicide of the GOP and you are responsible for the nomination because you played your part in voting for him - in actually supporting him.  You're to blame and you are a hypocrite for coming around now and trying to blame me for the consequences of your own actions.

You stand here now and tell me I should compromise my principles and toe the line at your command for Trump, without ever explaining why you didn't compromise your principles and take into account that even though you personally thought Trump was best to be the nominee, that you would have to bend a bit and compromise along with the rest of us to pick someone whom (a) we could all stomache and (b) had a good chance of actually being elected. 

You didn't.  And so here we are, saddled with someone who will not win because he requires too much compromise from too many people.  That's your fault, not mine.   
« Last Edit: May 15, 2016, 05:48:06 pm by Bill Cipher »

Offline Timber Rattler

The Republican voters have chosen Trump. 

This Republican didn't, and neither did 60% of other ones either.
aka "nasty degenerate SOB," "worst of the worst at Free Republic," "Garbage Troll," "Neocon Warmonger," "Filthy Piece of Trash," "damn $#%$#@!," "Silly f'er," "POS," "war pig," "neocon scumbag," "insignificant little ankle nipper," "@ss-clown," "neocuck," "termite," "Uniparty Deep stater," "Never Trump sack of dog feces," "avid Bidenista," "filthy Ukrainian," "war whore," "fricking chump," psychopathic POS, and depraved SOB.

"In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act."  ---George Orwell

author=jmyrlefuller link=topic=206777.msg881889#msg881889 date=1463334028]
This quote, right here, is what's wrong with the Trump movement. You have NO right to threaten me over my beliefs. NONE! I will not tolerate it.

I am not threatening your beliefs.  I am shedding light on your political viability going forward.  If conservatives do not reign in their lunatic fringe, we will remember.  If conservatives once again snatch defeat from the jaws of victory, we will remember.  And the conservative wing, including the rational members, will be sent to the dustbin of political history.  They will not have a seat at the table or sufficient support to be elected dogcatcher.

You neverTrumps want to sit out this election as payback because your candidate lost--we will remember.  And yes, you will be held accountable if Trump loses.

And frankly, Scarlet, I don't give a rat's petuti what you'll tolerate.  You choose to help turn the WH overt to Hillary Clinton and I owe you nothing.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
I am not threatening your beliefs.  I am shedding light on your political viability going forward.  If conservatives do not reign in their lunatic fringe, we will remember.  If conservatives once again snatch defeat from the jaws of victory, we will remember.  And the conservative wing, including the rational members, will be sent to the dustbin of political history.  They will not have a seat at the table or sufficient support to be elected dogcatcher.

You neverTrumps want to sit out this election as payback because your candidate lost--we will remember.  And yes, you will be held accountable if Trump loses.

And frankly, Scarlet, I don't give a rat's petuti what you'll tolerate.  You choose to help turn the WH overt to Hillary Clinton and I owe you nothing.
You choose to help turn the WH over to Donald Trump. Six of one, half a dozen of the other. The difference is I'm not threatening to blacklist you for doing so.

Offline Timber Rattler

If conservatives do not reign in their lunatic fringe, we will remember.

Sounds like a mafia type threat to me.

And since when do Conservatives have a "lunatic fringe"  You mean those "Bible thumpers" that the donor class likes to disparage?

You choose to help turn the WH over to Donald Trump. Six of one, half a dozen of the other.

Not good enough.  Not nearly good enough.

Offline Timber Rattler

You choose to help turn the WH overt to Hillary Clinton and I owe you nothing.

Bitter much?

Offline Mechanicos

:word:
Trump is for America First.
"Crooked Hillary Clinton is the Secretary of the Status Quo – and wherever Hillary Clinton goes, corruption and scandal follow." D. Trump 7/11/16

Did you know that the word ‘gullible’ is not in the dictionary?

Isaiah 54:17

Sounds like a mafia type threat to me.

And since when do Conservatives have a "lunatic fringe"  You mean those "Bible thumpers" that the donor class likes to disparage?

Politics is hell, Timber.  Work against the winning team and you'll be benched.  It's that simple.

The fringe I refer to are those who cling to their bitterness at losing the primary and seek to punish the nation by sitting back and smiling as Trump loses and Hillary wins. 

Bill Cipher

Wrong again.  #NeverTrump will not vote for Trump because doing so is to vote for just another lying liberal.  If the GOP nominated Clinton herself, would you still vote for her just because she was the GOP nominee?  Neither would I, which is why I won't vote for her functional equivalent even if he's the GOP nominee. Your worship of Trump is astounding and disconcerting. 

Offline sinkspur

To paraphrase Chill Wills as "The Beekeeper" in "The Alamo";  "Girl kinda fancies herself, don't she?"

You listen up!  I don't give a rat's ass what you remember.  You are not going to intimidate me or others on this board to vote for a man we told you could not win.  Your juices got all flowing at the sighting of the man with the tiny hands, and you just couldn't help yourself.  Like a sophomore girl panting after the older guy who dropped out of high school, you fell head over heels and didn't care that the guy is playing you for a sucker.

When your boy loses, it is YOU who will lose your political viability.  Your fingerprints are all over this abortion of a candidacy, and we who refused to abandon our principles to chase after a chameleon will have to pick up the pieces. 

I laugh at any effort you might make to hold me accountable for  Trump's loss. What are you gonna do to me?  YOU'RE the Trumpkin, not me.  The stain of Donald Trump will be akin to the stain Herbert Hoover's name left on the Republican Party for 50 years. And YOU will be remembered for having foisted this criminally ignorant and unstable loser on the Republican Party.

Bitter much?

Not yet, but keep pushing.