Author Topic: Florida GOP activists on Trump as nominee: He’s not Clinton  (Read 342 times)

Offline markomalley

From the AP/Wash Times:

The most hardcore Republican faithful in the most important swing state came together this weekend for the first time since Donald Trump became the party’s presumptive presidential nominee and the reaction went largely like this: Well, he’s not Hillary Clinton.

Trump carried Florida’s March winner-take-all GOP primary by an overwhelming amount to earn the state’s 99 delegates, one of the biggest prizes on the path to the nomination. In November, Florida’s 29 electoral votes will be even more important. It is the largest politically competitive state in the country, and his task now is to get the state Republican elite who opposed him in the primary to support him now.

The consensus at the Republican Party of Florida meeting is that they will, even if there’s some initial reluctance to back the man who ruthlessly mocked two of the state’s most popular Republicans during the primary: former Gov. Jeb Bush and Sen. Marco Rubio.

Well, there is that.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2016, 07:39:26 pm by markomalley »

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Re: Florida GOP activists on Trump as nominee: He’s not Clinton
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2016, 07:42:38 pm »
He reportedly has a Y chromosome and she doesn't.   Beyond that there is very little different IMHO.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
Re: Florida GOP activists on Trump as nominee: He’s not Clinton
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2016, 09:29:58 pm »
He reportedly has a Y chromosome and she doesn't.   Beyond that there is very little different IMHO.

They are both big government liberals and wide-bodies. Yep, the only difference is chromosomal.
Principles matter. Words matter.