Author Topic: SHOCK POLL: Trump Leads Hillary Among Hispanic Voters  (Read 2890 times)

Bill Cipher

Re: SHOCK POLL: Trump Leads Hillary Among Hispanic Voters
« Reply #25 on: May 15, 2016, 02:57:12 pm »
AND, aside from my establishment attorney, I don't know any latinos, blacks, in my area of NC nor most of the friends in North Myrtle Beach,that aren't voting for Trump :shrug:

And I don't know any amongst my group of friends who are voting for him.  :shrug:

Bill Cipher

« Reply #26 on: May 15, 2016, 02:58:39 pm »
Luis, I am going to tell you something.

My Attorney, is part of the establishment that we all hate.

He was at a meeting with Mitt and friends, backing Scott Walker.

While he was at my parents house, he had to take a call from Walker.

He asked Walker if he was going to put an office in SC. I was wanting Walker at the time.
Anyway,Walker had no ground game at all in SC at that time, and wasn't sure what he was doing.
I was willing to open an office in SC,but Walker wasn't ready to commit, as he hadn't gotten in the race yet.
My atty, said he would help me if they got Scott to commit.

Time passed, and they decided to back Jeb. Walker, waited to long.

So, to spite them you chose to back the one person who is the polar opposite of Walker?  And people accuse me of being irrational. 

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #27 on: May 15, 2016, 02:59:14 pm »
Another meaningless outlier poll. Gallup is showing something completly opposite, with Trump in serious trouble with Hispanics. 12% favorable rating, 77% unfavorable.

http://www.gallup.com/poll/189887/trump-major-image-problem-hispanics.aspx

Who knew that all these Hispanics that despise Trump will vote for him anyway? 

No Republican has EVER gotten the support of 55% of Hispanics in the history of mankind.  Yet Trump, with historically high unfavorables, will be the first.

Make sense to you?
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
« Reply #28 on: May 15, 2016, 03:00:44 pm »
The forum slide was you trying to change the subject away from why Trump is motivated to destroy America. Hillary and the people who fund, manage and create talking points for #neverTrump are motivated by greed and hatred of American sovereignty. What is your proof Trump is motivated in the same way?

So you're OK with Trump destroying America so long as he doesn't really want to do it?

Is that it?

We're supposed to support a man whose stated policy positions are undeniably hurtful to the country and the people of the country, so long as he has ignorance as an excuse?
"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, i have others." - Groucho Marx

Bill Cipher

« Reply #29 on: May 15, 2016, 03:01:41 pm »
So you're OK with Trump destroying America so long as he doesn't really want to do it?

Is that it?

We're supposed to support a man whose stated policy positions are undeniably hurtful to the country and the people of the country, so long as he has ignorance as an excuse?

It's all "truthful hyperbole" dontcha know. 

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
« Reply #30 on: May 15, 2016, 03:23:17 pm »
It's all "truthful hyperbole" dontcha know.

I'd like to know why a right winger of any kind would support a candidate who believes in higher (indirect) taxes for the entire population (tariffs and money printing) businesses, socialized medicine, and governmental usurpation of private property among other things?

Because he's going to build a wall with a "big, beautiful door" so that those whom we went through the expense of deporting can come right back in?
« Last Edit: May 15, 2016, 03:24:14 pm by Luis Gonzalez »
"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, i have others." - Groucho Marx

Offline NavyCanDo

« Reply #31 on: May 15, 2016, 03:25:04 pm »
I knew it was coming, and here it is.

If we don't vote for Trump, we're dissing God.  Trump is God's chosen in this election.

An amoral, insulting, rude, ignorant bigot is the best God could come up with for the future of our country.

We've finally hit bottom in the vulgarization of this election season by the Trump movement.

Sink, in all seriousness, you have targeted on something I am seeing personnaly in my own life. My sister and her husband, both very strong penticost evangelicals stand firmly my behind their belief that Trump is being led by God, and that we should not judge him by his past - and use Saul the tormentor of early Christians who became Paul as an example. They seriously believe that God will use Trump as he did Saul to start a "great revival" that will save America. They get all this crazy stuff from the false prophets they listen to, like Kim Clement.

Should we be shocked that the Bible says that when the antichrist makes his entrance on the world stage that through his cleverness he will fool even the elect?  Now Trump is not The One, but we are witnessing a taste of the deceptive power that he will have.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2016, 03:52:11 pm by NavyCanDo »
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

Offline Mechanicos

« Reply #32 on: May 15, 2016, 03:34:33 pm »

Is that it?

Ypu claim Trump will destroy America. I challenged you to show why he would do so? We know why Hillary would: money and power. There is no motivation for Trump to do as you claim he will do. Ever hear of MOM? Motive, Opportunity, Method. There is no motive for Trump to act like Hillary will.
Trump is for America First.
"Crooked Hillary Clinton is the Secretary of the Status Quo – and wherever Hillary Clinton goes, corruption and scandal follow." D. Trump 7/11/16

Did you know that the word ‘gullible’ is not in the dictionary?

Isaiah 54:17

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
« Reply #33 on: May 15, 2016, 03:39:36 pm »
Ypu claim Trump will destroy America. I challenged you to show why he would do so? We know why Hillary would: money and power. There is no motivation for Trump to do as you claim he will do. Ever hear of MOM? Motive, Opportunity, Method. There is no motive for Trump to act like Hillary will.

So you don't think that higher taxation of both people and businesses (destructive to both people and businesses), socialized medicine (destructive to both individuals and the economy), increased government encroachment on our property rights (Kelo) and a "big beautiful" open door immigration policy are policy positions which will be destructive to America?

I guess my question to you is why are you claiming to be anything other than a liberal?
« Last Edit: May 15, 2016, 03:44:40 pm by Luis Gonzalez »

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #34 on: May 15, 2016, 03:46:21 pm »
Sink, in all seriousness, you have targeted on something I am seeing personnaly in my own life. My sister and her husband, both very strong penticost evangelicals stand firmy behind their belief that Trump is being led by God, and that we should not judge him by his past - and use Saul the tormentor of early Christians who became Paul as an example. They seriously believe that God will use Trump as he did Saul to start a "great revival" that will save America. They get all this crazy stuff from the false prophets they listen to, like Kim Clement.

Should we be shocked that the Bible says that when the antichrist makes his entrance on the world stage that through his cleverness he will fool even the elect?  Now Trump is not The One, but we are witnessing a taste of the deceptive power that he will have.

I'm always nervous around people who have no hesitation in telling me what the will of God is.  I have a hard enough time discerning it for my own personal life; I would never pretend to extrapolate my pitiful little understanding to a presidential election. 

To say that Trump is God's chosen means that Hillary is not God's chosen.  I see very little difference between the two, except that Hillary is not an unstable weirdo who invents personnas to exploit his sex life, and that Trump did not lie about a personal email server . 

That also means that anybody who votes for Hillary is not doing God's will.  I'm just not willing to go there.  That others are is just astounding to me.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline NavyCanDo

« Reply #35 on: May 15, 2016, 03:50:13 pm »

Not Trump, but progressivism, and he is a progressive.
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

Offline Mechanicos

« Reply #36 on: May 15, 2016, 03:55:17 pm »
So you don't think that higher taxation of both people and businesses (destructive to both people and businesses), socialized medicine (destructive to both individuals and the economy), increased government encroachment on our property rights (Kelo) and a "big beautiful" open door immigration policy are policy positions which will be destructive to America?

I guess my question to you is why are you claiming to be anything other than a liberal?

Since the only source of those well spun claims is the dishonest presstitutes of #neverTrump and Liberal media  they are not credible. Obviously they do not fall into the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth catagory. Go by what is seen not what other people who you have no reason to trust tell you what to think.

"Crooked Hillary Clinton is the Secretary of the Status Quo – and wherever Hillary Clinton goes, corruption and scandal follow." D. Trump 7/11/16

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
« Reply #37 on: May 15, 2016, 03:56:16 pm »
You completely missed the point made by @Luis Gonzalez , which is kind of dumbfounding because it was made so clearly.

Whether or not Trump has a motive to hurt the country isn't the end of the inquiry.  I would agree that he doesn't.  But the problem is that the country can be just as badly hurt -- or even worse -- by someone who pushes dumb policies out of ignorance or a lack of understanding.  I would even argue that a lousy Republican has even greater potential to hurt the country than a lousy Democrat because they can, through incompetence, destroy the strength of the party that is the only organized opposition to the left.  Trump could discredit the Republican/conservative brand -- that's one thing that Hillary can't do.

Here's something to remember -- If Trump wins, and fails (as I think he would) the left and the media will permanently append the label "conservative" to Trump, and use that to discredit conservativism at all level of government for mulitiple election cycles, perhaps even taking out the GOP along the way.

I may end up voting for the guy still, but there are some pretty damn good reasons not to.

And as to Luis' other point, if we lose Florida -- which Trump gives us an excellent chance of doing -- then winning the Presidency starts looking impossible.

:beer:

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
« Reply #38 on: May 15, 2016, 04:05:33 pm »
Since the only source of those well spun claims is the dishonest presstitutes of #neverTrump and Liberal media  they are not credible. Obviously they do not fall into the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth catagory. Go by what is seen not what other people who you have no reason to trust tell you what to think.

You're delusional. 

Trump has higher tariffs on imported goods as one of the central policy position of his candidacy.

Trump says that America can't default on the debt because we can print money.

Trump has said that Amazon (and other large companies) don't pay enough in taxes.

Trump has openly stated support for the concept of eminent domain set in stone by Kelo.

Trump said that healthcare is one of the top three responsibilities of the Federal government and that the Federal government needs to do something to stop people from "dying in the streets" of America.

The "big beautiful" door on the wall through which those deported can return is straight out of Trump's mouth.

Every one of those things came out of Trump's mouth.

Maybe you need to start paying attention.

« Last Edit: May 15, 2016, 04:07:44 pm by Luis Gonzalez »

Offline Mechanicos

« Reply #39 on: May 15, 2016, 04:32:53 pm »
You're delusional. 

Trump has higher tariffs on imported goods as one of the central policy position of his candidacy.

This is a lie. he has not called for any tarriffs. The fact is tariffs are a last resort if the trade partners will not trade with us fairly.

Trump says that America can't default on the debt because we can print money.

Technically this is correct, We have nothing but fiat money not connected to any tangible source of wealth. Its how its been done for awhile now. We do not have the GDP to support it. and we buy up our own debt with QE. There is more but the bottom line is he is correct. The issue is its a problem not that hes wrong on it.

Trump has said that Amazon (and other large companies) don't pay enough in taxes.

Another lie by twisting. He was talking about the super rich owner not the company. And the fact is the tax code is very unfair and unequal where the super-rich have ways to avoid paying the same rates we do, plus get much more deductions for stuff we cannot. Its about fairness in the tax law as between the working people and the ones who can afford to hire professionals to avoid paying taxes.

Trump has openly stated support for the concept of eminent domain set in stone by Kelo.

So what? When you drive to church today, imagine no eminent domain and the road you are driving on. This is a stupid argument.

Trump said that healthcare is one of the top three responsibilities of the Federal government and that the Federal government needs to do something to stop people from "dying in the streets" of America.

Trump said Security 3 times. Then since the question did not say federal he added the duties of the states since the question was in the proper form of the Cumulative Government which included the States. People with bad educations and bad hearing did not get that "United STATES Government" means the Government, which is a dual government system as between State and Federal. To say just the Federal one says either "federal government" or "These United States Federal Government." Your bad education and selective hearing is not a negative on Trump.

T
he "big beautiful" door on the wall through which those deported can return is straight out of Trump's mouth.

Another lie. What part of "legal" immigration escaped your cognitive process. Of course the wall will have a door for LEGAL immigrants. Only dishonest people claim that's amnesty.

Every one of those things came out of Trump's mouth.

Not a one of them came out of Trump's mouth. As shown they are deceptivly twisted, edited and made up from nothing to fit the Democrats #neverTrump agenda.

Maybe you need to start paying attention.

I have been, apparently much more than you have.

Offline R4 TrumPence

« Reply #40 on: May 15, 2016, 04:49:28 pm »
So, to spite them you chose to back the one person who is the polar opposite of Walker?  And people accuse me of being irrational.

No, I am spiting no one. I chose my second choice, which I found out later, was not the establishment choice! So I knew I made the right choice!!!!

I am Repub4Bush on FR '02

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
« Reply #41 on: May 15, 2016, 05:53:36 pm »
This is a lie. he has not called for any tarriffs. The fact is tariffs are a last resort if the trade partners will not trade with us fairly.

It's not a lie. It is a 45% tariff which would do nothing to China since the increase would simply be passed on to the end user, as any other increase in the cost of goods is passed on. The loser here would not be China, but rather those Americans consumers whose incomes would not be increased in any way to cover the increased cost of the goods created by Trump's 45% tariff.

China can simply say "no" to the restructuring, then watch the people turn on Trump as their cheap goods are increased in cost beyond their ability to pay for them.

Maybe Trump needs to talk about making America more competitive by taking the Federal regulatory boot off the necks of our industries rather than putting the boot on low-income Americans via tariffs. 

Technically this is correct, We have nothing but fiat money not connected to any tangible source of wealth. Its how its been done for awhile now. We do not have the GDP to support it. and we buy up our own debt with QE. There is more but the bottom line is he is correct. The issue is its a problem not that hes wrong on it.

The solution to a debt problem is neither more spending or devaluation of the currency. Either option increases the debt.

Again. less government intrusion into our industries is the solution here, something Trump has barely (if ever) suggested that he is in favor of.

Printing money is not a solution. That is the problem.

Another lie by twisting. He was talking about the super rich owner not the company. And the fact is the tax code is very unfair and unequal where the super-rich have ways to avoid paying the same rates we do, plus get much more deductions for stuff we cannot. Its about fairness in the tax law as between the working people and the ones who can afford to hire professionals to avoid paying taxes.

"Amazon is getting away with murder tax-wise. He's using the Washington Post for power so that the politicians in Washington don't tax Amazon like they should be taxed." - Donald Trump.

He's talking about Amazon, not Bezos.

Having said that, what we have here is a guy running for the GOP nomination OPENLY indicating that he will use the IRS against political opponents, AND proposing higher taxes as a tool of political power.

So what? When you drive to church today, imagine no eminent domain and the road you are driving on. This is a stupid argument.

Kelo had nothing to do with road construction. You should take the time to educate yourself before making statements which expose your lack of understanding of the issues.

Kelo upholds the right of the government to take land from a private owner, against their wishes, to give them to another individual or private entity (not the government) in order to promote further economic development.

So, it's not that the government would take your property to build a road. Kelo gives people like Trump the power to take your house from you, against your wishes, to build casinos or shopping centers.

That's a significant expansion of the doctrine of Eminent Domain, and a rather sizable venture onto crony capitalism, since all that big money developers have to d now to take your property, is invest in politicians

You know... the Trump move.

Trump said Security 3 times. Then since the question did not say federal he added the duties of the states since the question was in the proper form of the Cumulative Government which included the States. People with bad educations and bad hearing did not get that "United STATES Government" means the Government, which is a dual government system as between State and Federal. To say just the Federal one says either "federal government" or "These United States Federal Government." Your bad education and selective hearing is not a negative on Trump.

You may hear what you want to hear, but he wants the Federal government to "lead" the issue of healthcare "for everyone".

Here's a bit of our nation's history for you.

The United States is the name that the Founders and crafters of the Constitution used to describe the Federal government.

It was the entity created by the States to govern and address the common needs of the individual and independent States.

If you examine the original Declaration of Independence closely, you'll notice that the header textually reads:

"In Congress, July 4th 1776.

The unanimous Declaration of the thirteen united States of America."

What's my point?

The name of the country was "America" not "United States of America" to the Founders. The lack of capitalization in "united" was not an error. The United States was then (and still is today) the name of the assembled States, AKA the Federal government.

If Trump is asked what the three primary functoins of the Federal government are, and he either doesn't understand or care about the Constitutional division of powers between the united States and the State governments, then he's unqualified to hold office.

He believes that health care, education, and housing are among the primary responsibilities of the Federal government.

The identical set of beliefs are held by Obama, Hillary, and every liberal in the nation

Another lie. What part of "legal" immigration escaped your cognitive process. Of course the wall will have a door for LEGAL immigrants. Only dishonest people claim that's amnesty.

His plan is to get illegals out of the country, then "try and bring them back rapidly, the good ones. Rapidly. You know the word ‘expedited’?” That's a direct Trump quote.

So what Trump is proposing is touchback amnesty, and rather incoherent.

Not a one of them came out of Trump's mouth. As shown they are deceptivly twisted, edited and made up from nothing to fit the Democrats #neverTrump agenda.

I have been, apparently much more than you have.

You go on believing what you want to believe, but don't try to paint yourself, or Trump as anything but big government liberals in disguise.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2016, 06:23:05 pm by Luis Gonzalez »

Bill Cipher

« Reply #42 on: May 15, 2016, 05:56:45 pm »
No, I am spiting no one. I chose my second choice, which I found out later, was not the establishment choice! So I knew I made the right choice!!!!

You can rationalize what you did however you'd like, the fact remains you chose the most unelectable, most unconservative, most unrepublican person for what, by the tenor of your own words, was spite.  I find it incomprehensible that Trump was second only to Walker.  You're simply saying that Clinton was second only to Walker. 

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #43 on: May 15, 2016, 07:23:55 pm »
I'm posting this reply (which looks to be around #48 or so) BEFORE I begin reading the other replies.

Got an idea that it's gonna go something like this:
- outlier!
- sample not big enough!
- they only polled -Republican- Hispanics!
- I don't believe in polls!
- polls don't matter!
- rigged poll!

... and blah, blah, blah.

Let's see how the next several polls come out.
I think this race is gonna get interestin' REALLY quickly!

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #44 on: May 15, 2016, 07:33:44 pm »
sinkspur observes:
"No Republican has EVER gotten the support of 55% of Hispanics in the history of mankind."

Yet YOU would be the one to keep telling us that we (Republicans) NEED a candidate who will be more favorable to Hispanics!
If YOUR observation is true, why should Republicans even bother with them?
Aside:
As far as I'm concerned, they shouldn't.

"Yet Trump, with historically high unfavorables, will be the first."

Nothing to do right now but wait and see.
I sense Trump is going to do surprisingly well with Hispanics.

"Make sense to you?"

Yes.

Offline Mechanicos

« Reply #45 on: May 15, 2016, 08:02:16 pm »
It's not a lie. It is a 45% tariff which would do nothing to China since the increase would simply be passed on to the end user, as any other increase in the cost of goods is passed on. The loser here would not be China, but rather those Americans consumers whose incomes would not be increased in any way to cover the increased cost of the goods created by Trump's 45% tariff.

China can simply say "no" to the restructuring, then watch the people turn on Trump as their cheap goods are increased in cost beyond their ability to pay for them.

Yes it is a lie by Omission. The tariff threat is a last resort if all other means of negotiation fail. #neverTrump lies by making it the ONLY thing on the table.

Maybe Trump needs to talk about making America more competitive by taking the Federal regulatory boot off the necks of our industries rather than putting the boot on low-income Americans via tariffs. 

Like here?
http://dennismichaellynch.com/must-see-donald-trumps-position-on-the-blm/
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/donald-trump-epa-education_us_56240035e4b02f6a900cc0e7
http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/trump-blasts-epa-for-decimating-ohios-coal-industry/article/2585659
http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2015/09/18/donald-trump-concealed-carry-right-not-privilege/
 We're going to get rid of all these ridiculous--everything is so bad--we're going to get rid of the regulations that are just destroying us. http://www.ontheissues.org/2016_Hopefuls.htm
Etc.
 #neverTrump is disinformed by bad people with anti=American Agenda's

The solution to a debt problem is neither more spending or devaluation of the currency. Either option increases the debt.

Nobody else available to us has the actual experience and knowledge of Finance. economics and Trade that Trump can bring to the table.

Again. less government intrusion into our industries is the solution here, something Trump has barely (if ever) suggested that he is in favor of.

See above, he hates the EPA for one thing.

Printing money is not a solution. That is the problem.

No Duh, But to fix it will require Congress. Scary thing is hes technically right with our current system. That should not be but it is.

"Amazon is getting away with murder tax-wise. He's using the Washington Post for power so that the politicians in Washington don't tax Amazon like they should be taxed." - Donald Trump.

He's talking about Amazon, not Bezos.

Its Bezos and Washington Post's 20 person hit team was the issue.

Having said that, what we have here is a guy running for the GOP nomination OPENLY indicating that he will use the IRS against political opponents, AND proposing higher taxes as a tool of political power.

Thats not what was said. The issue was how the super rich can evade paying taxes like we do because of corruption in creating the tax code to protect them. He has said it would hit him too.

Kelo had nothing to do with road construction. You should take the time to educate yourself before making statements which expose your lack of understanding of the issues.

Kelo upholds the right of the government to take land from a private owner, against their wishes, to give them to another individual or private entity (not the government) in order to promote further economic development.

So, it's not that the government would take your property to build a road. Kelo gives people like Trump the power to take your house from you, against your wishes, to build casinos or shopping centers.

That's a significant expansion of the doctrine of Eminent Domain, and a rather sizable venture onto crony capitalism, since all that big money developers have to d now to take your property, is invest in politicians

You know... the Trump move.

Kelo is Law. The way to change it is not the office of the president but in the Judges appointed. Trump has listed 2 and has a list of 10 arguably conservative judges he said he will use for his judical nominations.  You know what kind of judges Hillary will appoint.

You may hear what you want to hear, but he wants the Federal government to "lead" the issue of healthcare "for everyone".

Here's a bit of our nation's history for you.

The United States is the name that the Founders and crafters of the Constitution used to describe the Federal government.

It was the entity created by the States to govern and address the common needs of the individual and independent States.

If you examine the original Declaration of Independence closely, you'll notice that the header textually reads:

"In Congress, July 4th 1776.

The unanimous Declaration of the thirteen united States of America."

What's my point?

The name of the country was "America" not "United States of America" to the Founders. The lack of capitalization in "united" was not an error. The United States was then (and still is today) the name of the assembled States, AKA the Federal government.

If Trump is asked what the three primary functoins of the Federal government are, and he either doesn't understand or care about the Constitutional division of powers between the united States and the State governments, then he's unqualified to hold office.

He believes that health care, education, and housing are among the primary responsibilities of the Federal government.
No. When asked for the top 3 he said Security.
He then after a pause because the question was not limited to federal added the State ones. The long pause supports the forgoing. The Fact #neverTrump has to add the term "federal" in its hit pieces also supports the forgoing. 

The identical set of beliefs are held by Obama, Hillary, and every liberal in the nation
Flat out lie here.

His plan is to get illegals out of the country, then "try and bring them back rapidly, the good ones. Rapidly. You know the word ‘expedited’?” That's a direct Trump quote.

So what Trump is proposing is touchback amnesty, and rather incoherent.

Legal immigration is not Amnesty.

You go on believing what you want to believe, but don't try to paint yourself, or Trump as anything but big government liberals in disguise.

Big Government today means Globalists. Like the ones running funding and telling #neverTrump what to think, say and do. Trump is a Nationalist.