Author Topic: Trump says Giuliani-led group would study Muslim immigration, Southern border  (Read 633 times)

Offline don-o

• Worldview Moderator
  • FR Class of '98
Trump says Giuliani-led group would study Muslim immigration, Southern border

Published May 13, 2016

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2016/05/13/trump-says-giuliani-led-group-would-study-muslim-immigration-southern-border.html

Donald Trump, while sticking by statements that his proposed ban on foreign Muslims entering the U.S. is just a “suggestion,” on Friday revealed he wants a commission headed by former New York City Mayor Rudy Giuliani to not only look at Muslim immigration but also study the immigration flow across the Southern border.

“We’re going to put together a really stellar group of people. Rudy will be the chairman … He should be able to come back quickly [with findings],” Trump told Fox News.

And the MONEY QUOTE

He made clear on Friday that he still wants to study the idea, but continued to say it’s just a “suggestion,” as many of his campaign proposals are.

“Anything I say right now -- I’m not the president, everything’s a suggestion,” he said, adding: “I feel strongly we have to do something.”

Offline don-o

• Worldview Moderator
  • FR Class of '98
There we have it, folks.

Trump does not make campaign promises. He makes campaign suggestions.

Offline Mesaclone

There we have it, folks.

Trump does not make campaign promises. He makes campaign suggestions.

Of course, whether they admit it or not, that is true of every candidate. Including Ted Cruz. President's don't make law, they can only influence legislators to do so...as such, they have goals they wish to achieve and must negotiate to get as much of what they want as is possible. So yes, they are suggesting what they wish to happen, and motivating congress to do so. That's what ALL presidents must do, you're just not used to hearing anyone acknowledge that truism so bluntly.
We have the best government that money can buy. Mark Twain

Offline sinkspur

Of course, whether they admit it or not, that is true of every candidate. Including Ted Cruz. President's don't make law, they can only influence legislators to do so...as such, they have goals they wish to achieve and must negotiate to get as much of what they want as is possible. So yes, they are suggesting what they wish to happen, and motivating congress to do so. That's what ALL presidents must do, you're just not used to hearing anyone acknowledge that truism so bluntly.

So you're telling us the deportations and the wall were BS, just as we predicted months ago.  Got it.

Trump is putting Guiliani on this commission so he can be the spokesperson and public face for immigration. Trump is radioactive and he knows it.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline Mesaclone

So you're telling us the deportations and the wall were BS, just as we predicted months ago.  Got it.

Trump is putting Guiliani on this commission so he can be the spokesperson and public face for immigration. Trump is radioactive and he knows it.

No. That's precisely NOT what I'm telling you. What I am telling you is that a candidates positions on issues is a starting point...because presidents are not kings, they are merely chief executives. So Trump and ANY other president must negotiate to advance their views, and that always means some compromise. Which is how our system was designed to work under the US Constitution.
We have the best government that money can buy. Mark Twain

Offline roamer_1

Seems to me, IIRC, Giuliani had a lot to do with that NAU superhighway back at the end of Bush.

Figgers.

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
I like to go to on the issues when I want to know about people.  What is funny is that Giuliani seems to think that we can export freedom to the Muslims.  Also revealing was his overall support of the Iraq war. 

He is also a gun grabber. 

http://www.ontheissues.org/Rudy_Giuliani.htm#Foreign_Policy
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.