Author Topic: The man who knew too little: Donald Trump's epic ignorance on the Israeli-Palestinian peace proces  (Read 547 times)

Offline thatcher

The man who knew too little: Donald Trump's epic ignorance on the Israeli-Palestinian peace process

http://www.nydailynews.com/opinion/donald-trump-man-knew-article-1.2580510

No matter how hard he tries to conceal his know-nothingness, Donald Trump’s ignorance shines forth.

Last week, Trump delivered a speech, written for him by a son-in-law, that was supposed to showcase his savvy about Israeli-Palestinian relations. It failed — but at least he avoided stepping on too many rhetorical land mines.

A few days later, the New York Times interviewed Trump by telephone twice in one day about foreign affairs. Inevitably, the reporters raised the subject of peace in the Middle East.

In the first portion of a two-part interview Friday, reporters put this exceedingly simple question to the Republican front-runner:

“In terms of Israel, and in terms of the peace process, do you think it should result in a two-state solution, or in a single state?”

U.S. and Israeli policy call for two states living side by side in peace. A one-state solution either means telling the Palestinians that they will never win self-determination — or telling Israelis that the Jewish State would cease to exist as Palestinians take complete control.

Any casually well-informed observer of the Middle East is fully familiar with the one-state, two-state conundrum. So, Trump’s answer made the mind reel:

“Well, I think a lot of people are saying it’s going to result in a two-state solution. What I would love to do is to, a lot of people are saying that. I’m not saying anything.”

Because he had no idea what to say. Then, clearly, Trump’s aides took him to school.

In part two of the interview, recorded later the same day, a Times reporter offered a do-over:

Read more at:

http://www.nydailynews.com/opinion/donald-trump-man-knew-article-1.2580510

Offline sinkspur

Trump is ignorant of everything. Literally everything.

And we're supposed to vote for this?
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline ScottinVA

Trump has no clue of the Constitutional process of governance, the role of the military, the concept of a free press, the complexities of the Israeli-Palestinian conflict or America's role in the world.  On the few matters in which he has at least some rudimentary understanding, he can't manage to formulate a specific policy position with which he's willing to stand.  With his pronouncement that everything he says is a "suggestion," what again are the great attributes that lead his supporters to vote for him?

Offline sinkspur

Trump has no clue of the Constitutional process of governance, the role of the military, the concept of a free press, the complexities of the Israeli-Palestinian conflict or America's role in the world.  On the few matters in which he has at least some rudimentary understanding, he can't manage to formulate a specific policy position with which he's willing to stand.  With his pronouncement that everything he says is a "suggestion," what again are the great attributes that lead his supporters to vote for him?

Some people, like the girl attracted to the high school thug, just love bullies. They think he's going to get rid of Messicans, stomp on the meanies in Washington and lead them to the promised land of assembling iPhones.

Oh, and they love vulgar and tacky.  There's nothing quite so puzzling as a Trump interview, where he contradicts himself four or five times and talks about himself incessantly.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Wingnut

Trump tries hard to hide it.  And probably no one will ever know that he has had a lobotomy. He combs his hair from his left armpit to hid the scars and he has learn to control the slobbering very well.  He speaks in monosyllabic words to keep his confusion down.
His doctor should be commended.  I guess that would eplain his fondness for Dr. Carson

Online libertybele

Exactly.   I am amazed that he retains his Jewish supporters.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online libertybele

Trump tries hard to hide it.  And probably no one will ever know that he has had a lobotomy. He combs his hair from his left armpit to hid the scars and he has learn to control the slobbering very well.  He speaks in monosyllabic words to keep his confusion down.
His doctor should be commended.  I guess that would eplain his fondness for Dr. Carson

LMAO ... ok .. next time... warn me before I take a gulp of iced tea  :silly:
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Wingnut

LMAO ... ok .. next time... warn me before I take a gulp of iced tea  :silly:

My Bad.  Next time I'll Yell...  "In Coming"! :beer: :seeya: