Author Topic: Cruz: Those who bolstered Trump 'will bear that responsibility going forward'  (Read 122295 times)

Offline RoosGirl

Along these lines, we have started a new topic area in the Worldview area that will cover the entire Republican platform of 2012.  Have y'all read the platform?  I had not.  We would like to discuss the platform and how it relates to COTUS and conservative principles.

http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,211476.0.html

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
Stop making excuses. He backed trump because he thought Trump would be gone by Super Tuesday.

He didn't back Trump.  He said some nice things about DT and some of the other candidates.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
People are ridiculous. Cruz is not and never will be clean.Trump won fair and square.

Trump won what?

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Excuses... excuses...

I've pointed out the problem in your post.  Apologize or prove it wrong.

Check it out for yourself.  I know this doesn't fit into your fantasy of Ted Cruz.  I'll not apologize for that or anything else.

Offline East of the Beast

Cruz was treated like a red-headed stepchild by the GOP establishment, the DEMS, Fox News  (in particular Sean Hannity) and the MSM. Ironically, the liberal media treated him at times better than conservative news. I find it quite disheartening and appalling when a member of our party stands up and defends our rights, and freedoms, including religious liberty, of "We the People" under the Constitution and is greatly chastised, ridiculed and attacked for doing so.  Cruz is absolutely 100% correct, everyone who is responsible for the rise of Donald Trump will bear that responsibility going forward.  I find it interesting that many members of Congress are now very reluctant to be associated with Trump and some are declining to be his VP.  That speaks volumes.  My question is, where were they when they very well could have easily voiced support for Cruz?  When Cruz came back to the Senate, he was warmly received and applauded; certainly a change of tune.

Fifteen other candidates competed against Trump.  None of those candidates were as vile and vulgar towards each other as Trump was to them.  Yet the masses accepted his vulgarity, anger, lying and verbal abuse towards others.  If we simply take a step back and look at the huge difference in character alone between Cruz and Trump it is equally disheartening that the masses would chose a bully over a gentlemen to lead our country and to set an example for our children. They chose someone who obviously lacks moral character over someone of great integrity.  What does this say about the mindset of his supporters?  To think that this is what newly acquired voters are drawn to is frightening.  It indicates that we have become a society of bullies, liars, and cheaters who verbally abuse one another and that is now acceptable.  All I can say now, is God, please help us!

#Never Trump  Don't blame me.  I support Cruz.
That's why I expressed my anger and disappointment with the GOP inmy introductory thread.It seems no one wants someone who believes in God to be in politics or their lives for that matter.We instead have two of most carnal,hedonistic peoplein the nation running for the presidency.I guess it's true we get the leader we deserve.

Offline runnerrunner

And this has exactly what to do with a picture being photoshopped?

Your inability to respond to the point raised has earned you an ignore.

Nothing was photoshopped about the pic. You just say that because it's better they what was said in public: Cruz liked Trump.

Offline runnerrunner

He didn't back Trump.  He said some nice things about DT and some of the other candidates.

Trump won what?

He was a DT backer. Donald said lots of nasty things and yet he didn't care until he attacked Heidi. Donald is the nominee unless Romney and Co manage to take it from him somehow.

Offline runnerrunner

Cruz was treated like a red-headed stepchild by the GOP establishment, the DEMS, Fox News  (in particular Sean Hannity) and the MSM. Ironically, the liberal media treated him at times better than conservative news. I find it quite disheartening and appalling when a member of our party stands up and defends our rights, and freedoms, including religious liberty, of "We the People" under the Constitution and is greatly chastised, ridiculed and attacked for doing so.  Cruz is absolutely 100% correct, everyone who is responsible for the rise of Donald Trump will bear that responsibility going forward.  I find it interesting that many members of Congress are now very reluctant to be associated with Trump and some are declining to be his VP.  That speaks volumes.  My question is, where were they when they very well could have easily voiced support for Cruz?  When Cruz came back to the Senate, he was warmly received and applauded; certainly a change of tune.

Fifteen other candidates competed against Trump.  None of those candidates were as vile and vulgar towards each other as Trump was to them.  Yet the masses accepted his vulgarity, anger, lying and verbal abuse towards others.  If we simply take a step back and look at the huge difference in character alone between Cruz and Trump it is equally disheartening that the masses would chose a bully over a gentlemen to lead our country and to set an example for our children. They chose someone who obviously lacks moral character over someone of great integrity.  What does this say about the mindset of his supporters?  To think that this is what newly acquired voters are drawn to is frightening.  It indicates that we have become a society of bullies, liars, and cheaters who verbally abuse one another and that is now acceptable.  All I can say now, is God, please help us!

#Never Trump  Don't blame me.  I support Cruz.

Cruz did this to himself. He was just as bad to Boehner, McConnell and Co as he was to the field. You can't be so surly and attention seeking as he was and expect people to just back you. To be honest, if you were to ask Mitch right now he would say Trump and Cruz were the same. Cruz liked his run first, it was Jeb who was really against him from day one. America has been a society of liars, bullies and cheaters for a long time now. The country focuses on the materialistic. Trump is simply a mirror reflection of America at the present time, and for some it's not pretty. 

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
The fraud has proven there is no lie so great, so ridiculous, so outrageous, so idiotic ally obviously untrue that the fraud will not utter it.  Thus, "Sen. Cruz' father was involved with Lee Harvey Oswald."

I put nothing past the lying liberal fraud.
Just look at the sins of the Obama Administration, even the Clintons.

If the action taken is so outrageous as to seem like some crackpot theory, that is a defense in itself.

If the involvement is more complex than can be related in 140 characters, most people can't follow it.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member

He was a DT backer. Donald said lots of nasty things and yet he didn't care until he attacked Heidi. Donald is the nominee unless Romney and Co manage to take it from him somehow.

Now, that's some major spinning.  You do remember that Cruz was running AGAINST Trump, do you not?  Hard to do both at the same time.

And, Trump may become the nominee but he hasn't won it yet.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2016, 09:54:03 pm by Sanguine »

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision

That's something telling: we have certain posters here who insist Ted Cruz is a phony Christian just using the faith to win votes.

Yet Cruz's behavior in this example is a perfect example of a Christian ideal: to be dignified in the face of attacks against himself, and fight back when others are in harm's way.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline Smokin Joe

He said trump was was awesome. He's a hypocrite. Why did trump have to attack him personally before he turned.
Cruz was civil with all of the candidates at the beginning, iirc.

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline musiclady

Yes, he was.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline RetBobbyMI

Trump is a gift to the demise of the GOP!
"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid."  -- John Wayne
"Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish.� ? Euripides, The Bacchae
"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.� ? Laurence J. Peter, The Peter Principle
"A stupid man's report of what a clever man says can never be accurate, because he unconsciously translates what he hears into something he can understand.� ? Bertrand Russell, A History of Western Philosophy

Online libertybele

Cruz did this to himself. He was just as bad to Boehner, McConnell and Co as he was to the field. You can't be so surly and attention seeking as he was and expect people to just back you. To be honest, if you were to ask Mitch right now he would say Trump and Cruz were the same. Cruz liked his run first, it was Jeb who was really against him from day one. America has been a society of liars, bullies and cheaters for a long time now. The country focuses on the materialistic. Trump is simply a mirror reflection of America at the present time, and for some it's not pretty.

Wow.  You obviously are looking at things from a very leftist perspective. I actually had to read what you wrote more than twice.  Cruz did what to himself?  Boehner, McConnell and company, better known as the Washington cartel is WHO Cruz stood up to on behalf of WE THE PEOPLE!  Boehner and McConnell are leaders who generally side with the left; when that happens you no longer have a two party system.  Cruz told the TRUTH.  That is why I admire Cruz.  That is why I trust Cruz.  That is why I believe that Cruz was our very last hope.  He ruffled Boehner's and McConnell's feathers because they are siding with the left and destroying not only the party but the country.  Cruz need not make any apologies and I find it quite ridiculous that you see him as surly and seeking attention.  Nothing could be so completely untrue about him.  We need a couple hundred more like Cruz.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Hoodat

Cruz told the TRUTH.  That is why I admire Cruz.  That is why I trust Cruz.  That is why I believe that Cruz was our very last hope.  He ruffled Boehner's and McConnell's feathers because they are siding with the left and destroying not only the party but the country.  Cruz need not make any apologies and I find it quite ridiculous that you see him as surly and seeking attention.  Nothing could be so completely untrue about him.  We need a couple hundred more like Cruz.

Not only that, Ted Cruz took the fight to where it counts - the state conventions where the delegates are selected to represent 'WE THE PEOPLE' at the GOP Convention in Cleveland.  Is is there that the platform is written.  It is there that the rules are set.  And while Cruz was working his ass off trying to save the Party from the Ryan/McConnell Establishment, Trump was attacking him relentlessly for trying to block establishment delegates from being seated.

The biggest lie of this entire campaign is that Donald Trump wants to overthrow the GOP Establishment.  Nothing could be further from the truth.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Not only that, Ted Cruz took the fight to where it counts - the state conventions where the delegates are selected to represent 'WE THE PEOPLE' at the GOP Convention in Cleveland.  Is is there that the platform is written.  It is there that the rules are set.  And while Cruz was working his ass off trying to save the Party from the Ryan/McConnell Establishment, Trump was attacking him relentlessly for trying to block establishment delegates from being seated.

The biggest lie of this entire campaign is that Donald Trump wants to overthrow the GOP Establishment.  Nothing could be further from the truth.

And THAT is the truth!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online libertybele

I was always driven by the idea of "Lead by Example"  I would start at the top and offer up a good Conservative for President.  Its hard to go ground up when Republicans are folding and voting for a dud like Trump.  If he gets into office people are going to start dropping off the Republican party.  Ground up are the folding in the case of Trump and it could mark the death of our party.

In theory that seems logical to start with a conservative president.  However, we DO have by all intents and purposes a GOP Congress. The problem is even though the GOP holds the majority that majority is NOT conservative. As the old saying goes, you can't build a sturdy house on a weak foundation.  Same holds true for Washington. Take a look at the state level; we have more Republican governors than DEMS; while Democrats have reshaped the federal government under Obama, Republicans have taken over state after state around the country. The number of GOP governors has gone from 19 to 31 and they are enacting conservative priorities...it is our governors who have stood up to the liberal policies of Obama, more so than those in Congress; especially under the leadership of McConnell and Boehner and now Ryan.  In actuality the true power lies with the states, that is why there has been widespread talk of an Article V Convention of States to ensure that the states retain power and take away some power from the feds to prevent the federal overreach that is going on.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2016, 01:13:55 am by libertybele »

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Smokin Joe

C S Lewis

Online libertybele

You are 100% correct; Trump's biggest lie is claiming to be an outsider who wants to overthrow the GOPe ... he is a fraud.  That became very apparent when he made the statement that he needs to be more establishment.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2016, 01:12:10 am by libertybele »

Offline RoosGirl

And Trump's supporters ate. it. up.  They believed as all the stupid headlines wanted them to, "Cruz captures 40 of 41 delegates in Washington"; Trump cried foul and instead of bothering to try to understand what was going on they mimicked. 

Speaking of the party platform, we are discussing the 2012 platform and how it does or does not relate to conservative and constitutional principles here: http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,211476.0.html

Offline RetBobbyMI

Trump is simply a mirror reflection of America at the present time, and for some it's not pretty.
I guess that means he is a reverse image?   Mirrors always impose a reverse image!
"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid."  -- John Wayne
"Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish.� ? Euripides, The Bacchae
"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.� ? Laurence J. Peter, The Peter Principle
"A stupid man's report of what a clever man says can never be accurate, because he unconsciously translates what he hears into something he can understand.� ? Bertrand Russell, A History of Western Philosophy

Offline runnerrunner

Now, that's some major spinning.  You do remember that Cruz was running AGAINST Trump, do you not?  Hard to do both at the same time.

And, Trump may become the nominee but he hasn't won it yet.

That's something telling: we have certain posters here who insist Ted Cruz is a phony Christian just using the faith to win votes.

Yet Cruz's behavior in this example is a perfect example of a Christian ideal: to be dignified in the face of attacks against himself, and fight back when others are in harm's way.

And see, that is it. You can't be civil with someone like Donald. You're either for him or against him.

Wow.  You obviously are looking at things from a very leftist perspective. I actually had to read what you wrote more than twice.  Cruz did what to himself?  Boehner, McConnell and company, better known as the Washington cartel is WHO Cruz stood up to on behalf of WE THE PEOPLE!  Boehner and McConnell are leaders who generally side with the left; when that happens you no longer have a two party system.  Cruz told the TRUTH.  That is why I admire Cruz.  That is why I trust Cruz.  That is why I believe that Cruz was our very last hope.  He ruffled Boehner's and McConnell's feathers because they are siding with the left and destroying not only the party but the country.  Cruz need not make any apologies and I find it quite ridiculous that you see him as surly and seeking attention.  Nothing could be so completely untrue about him.  We need a couple hundred more like Cruz.

Nothing leftist about it. Cruz comes in, calls McConnell and Boehner liars, and then gets put on an island. And then he wants to be president. Where was his support? Donald does the exact same thing to the GOP field and you cry foul? Why? The game is the game. And many moderates, like it or not, felt Cruz was worse then Trump.  So how would he have won the election? Trump has never been in government before, is a billionaire, a loudmouth, a vulgarian, etc, yet Cruz was "nice" (your words) to him? Governor Romney has a point here. He should have hit Donnie from day one.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2016, 02:00:02 am by runnerrunner »

Offline runnerrunner

I guess that means he is a reverse image?   Mirrors always impose a reverse image!
Yup. This is a greed, materialistic country, make no bones about it.

Online libertybele

Nothing leftist about it. Cruz comes in, calls McConnell and Boehner liars, and then gets put on an island. And then he wants to be president. Where was his support? Donald does the exact same thing to the GOP field and you cry foul? Why? The game is the game. And many moderates, like it or not, felt Cruz was worse then Trump.  So how would he have won the election? Trump has never been in government before, is a billionaire, a loudmouth, a vulgarian, etc, yet Cruz was "nice" (your words) to him? Governor Romney has a point here. He should have hit Donnie from day one.

Cruz called McConnell and Boehner liars because they ARE.  His support is among the people, not those in Congress.  He represents the people as ALL of Congress is supposed to.  He would have won the nomination had the media simply given him the same media attention as Donny.  As time goes on, many have realized their mistake in backing someone other than Cruz.  Secondly, in the beginning Donny was "nice" to Cruz they held an event together against Obama's Iran nuke deal.  Trump had even at that time mentioned how much he admired Cruz and considered him as his VP.  That was short lived and a bold faced LIE.  What you and Romney seem to be advocating is Cruz should have lowered himself to Trump's level and projected something other than his true character. That is just plain wrong.