Author Topic: Cruz: Those who bolstered Trump 'will bear that responsibility going forward'  (Read 122237 times)

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
Like Mech said earlier...we are the enemy.

As is truth apparently.

Online Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
Cruz people took the snapshot of the live broadcast.
I know, because I got the tweet send out by them, but I had already seen it on CNN.
Rubio actually suggested it first, roughly one hour before the CNN report, but that didn't make the news.

I wish I could figure out how to post pictures with Microsoft Edge (buttons don't work), because this whole argument is desperately deserving of a beaten-horse image.

Cruz isn't without guilt on this, else he wouldn't have apologized.  But he also didn't make it up out of thin air -- seems to have been an aggressive campaign official who ran with something he shouldn't have, and Cruz did do the right thing and apologized for it publicly, multiple times.  Doesn't mean it didn't happen, but I really don't see why it is deemed so significant as to still be an issue nearly four months later.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
I wish I could figure out how to post pictures with Microsoft Edge (buttons don't work), because this whole argument is desperately deserving of a beaten-horse image.

Cruz isn't without guilt on this, else he wouldn't have apologized.  But he also didn't make it up out of thin air -- seems to have been an aggressive campaign official who ran with something he shouldn't have, and Cruz did do the right thing and apologized for it publicly, multiple times.  Doesn't mean it didn't happen, but I really don't see why it is deemed so significant as to still be an issue nearly four months later.

The original thing that got all of this started was a tweet from the CNN social media "reporter"...the two on air reporters...IIRC Jake Tapper and that chick Cupp picked it up and amplified it by speculating that it meant Carson was dropping out...then and ONLY then did the Cruz social media person retweet what was being said by CNN.

In actuality Cruz did himself a disservice by apologizing and not pushing back against the specious claim.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline GrouchoTex

Who are you going to believe - your lying eyes or the anti-Cruzers?

It was Iowa, it's over, Cruz has dropped out now.
I really have no reason to lie about it or spin it now.
To what end?
I saw what I saw "live", followed by a tweet, which said the same thing I saw, with a snapshot of the same thing.
Doesn't get much more straightforward than that.
I guess it still haunts them for some reason.
This is where the whole "Lyin' Ted" thing started, I suppose.

Maybe it is because if you show the timeline and the story exactly the way CNN reported it, it blows up the whole beginnings of "Lyin' Ted" movement.

Now, we can't possibly let that happen, now can we?

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready

Here ya go:

Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
I stand corrected it was Tapper...Dana Bash and Wolf Blitzed.

Tapper: “It’s very unusual, to announce that you’re going home to rest for a few days, not going on to the next site.”

Bash: “Very unusual…Look, if you want to be president of the United States, you don’t go home to Florida. That’s just bottom line, that’s the end of the story. If you want to signal to your supporters that you’re hungry, that you want them to get out and campaign, you have to get out there too, it’s very unusual.”

Tapper: “Very unusual.”

Wolf Blitzer: “Very significant news indeed.”

CNN then tweeted: “After the #IACaucus, @RealBenCarson plans to take a break from campaigning.”

Asked about it during the CNN debate on Saturday night, here’s what Cruz said:

"Let me tell you the facts of what occurred for those who are interested in knowing. On Monday night, about 6:30 p.m., CNN reported that Ben was not going from Iowa to New Hampshire or South Carolina. Rather, he was, quote, "Taking a break from campaigning." They reported that on television, CNN's political anchors, Jake Tapper and Dana Bash and Wolf Blitzer, said it was highly unusual and highly significant. My political team saw CNN's report breaking news and they forwarded that news to our volunteers, it was being covered on live television…. I regret that subsequently, CNN reported on that -- they didn't correct that story until 9:15 that night. So from 6:30 p.m. to 9:15, that's what CNN was reporting. Subsequent to that initial report, Ben's campaign put out a statement saying that he was not suspending his campaign. I wish that our campaign staff had forwarded that statement. They were unaware of it, I wish that they had, that's why I apologized."

Carson then responded that CNN had issued a correction tweet a few minutes later.

http://www.dailywire.com/news/3202/cnn-started-carson-drop-out-rumor-now-theyre-lying-ben-shapiro

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Offline GrouchoTex

The original thing that got all of this started was a tweet from the CNN social media "reporter"...the two on air reporters...IIRC Jake Tapper and that chick Cupp picked it up and amplified it by speculating that it meant Carson was dropping out...then and ONLY then did the Cruz social media person retweet what was being said by CNN.

In actuality Cruz did himself a disservice by apologizing and not pushing back against the specious claim.

That is exactly the way it happened.
And, yes @Maj. Bill Martin, it is beating a dead horse.
I don't have any idea why Trump supporters keep bringing it up.
Frankly, I too, should let it go and quit trying to set it all straight.
It doesn't matter today, the race has been run.
I guess I'm still tired of being told that I didn't see what I saw.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
I don't have any idea why Trump supporters keep bringing it up.

Because it's the ONLY thing they have to back up their meme of Lyin Ted Cruz.

That's it...that's ALL they keep coming back to every.single.time.

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
S.E.Cupp/Glenn Beck - have been vociferously against Trump and for Cruz from the beginning.  I don't doubt that she may have been trying to help Cruz. 

And it doesn't matter that CNN strongly suggested Carson was dropping out - but it was speculation and not fact.  The fact is there was a terrible storm that night and many of the candidates were leaving early to get out of there before they got stranded by the storm.  That's all Carson did!

Before Cruz's people said that - they should have confirmed it with the Carson campaign people - that would have been the ethical thing to do.  THAT'S why Ted apologized - because there was wrong-doing on his campaign's part. 

Whether it made much of a difference in the vote....doesn't matter, we'll never know.  I think it may have - Trump was supposed to be ahead and Cruz was desperate to get Iowa - or his campaign would have been hurt bad and Trump's would have been helped.

In the end, it didn't matter - but there is no doubt that the Cruz campaign pulled a dirty trick.     
Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Online libertybele

Good grief the Trumpeteers refuse to let go of this lie! Time to move on.

Those that have bolstered Trump will bear that responsibility going forward! 
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline GrouchoTex

I see not a one of read the Breitbart research  with Time stamps if you did you would see where the story originated FIRST.

Full Time line here with hard evidence:
http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2016/02/04/cruz-carson-email-trump-iowa-cnn/

Yes, I read the original posting of the Breitbart article, and just read it again.
It the end of the Breitbart article it states the following:

"The campaigns will likely continue to debate whether the controversy reflects a good-faith error, hardball tactics, or something more."

Guess you see it as nefarious.
I see it as bad reporting from CNN.

Offline olde north church

And you have continually failed to show where Cruz isn't a Constitutional Conservative.

Makes you wonder who the real lemming is.

I have.  You refuse.  I'm under the impression only de-programming will be of any assistance.
Why?  Well, because I'm a bastard, that's why.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
S.E.Cupp/Glenn Beck - have been vociferously against Trump and for Cruz from the beginning.  I don't doubt that she may have been trying to help Cruz.

Grab some more tinfoil...your hat is slipping.

And it doesn't matter that CNN strongly suggested Carson was dropping out - but it was speculation and not fact.  The fact is there was a terrible storm that night and many of the candidates were leaving early to get out of there before they got stranded by the storm.  That's all Carson did!

The carson tweet specifically said he was going home to rest.  NOTHING about a storm and leaving early because of that.  If he was leaving early and still intending to campaign...he'd have gone to the state with the next Primary 5 days later...he didn't.  He skipped that state and went home.

Before Cruz's people said that - they should have confirmed it with the Carson campaign people - that would have been the ethical thing to do.  THAT'S why Ted apologized - because there was wrong-doing on his campaign's part.

CNN was reporting it.  There was no reason to believe that THEY hadn't verified it with the Carson campaign before they started broadcasting it.  Believe it or not...after the false reporting of Florida polls being closed when they weren't in 2000 they've been much more careful in putting out info without verification during the election cycle.

Whether it made much of a difference in the vote....doesn't matter, we'll never know.  I think it may have - Trump was supposed to be ahead and Cruz was desperate to get Iowa - or his campaign would have been hurt bad and Trump's would have been helped.

The whole Orange Wonderful went on the attack was because the lst polls right before the Caucus showed Cruz had taken the lead.  That bore out in the voting results.

So Trump did what Trump does best...he started a smear and sneer barrage against the person that defeated him.

In the end, it didn't matter - but there is no doubt that the Cruz campaign pulled a dirty trick.   

Why do you continue to repeat what has been demonstrably show to be a bald faced lie?

Are you really THAT far gone in your Idolatry of Trump that plain facts are irrelevant to you at this point?

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
I have.  You refuse.

Whhere? *looks around*...you must have written it in invisible font because there's a lot of people around here that keep waiting for proof of these alleged lies and they never seem to appear.

I'm under the impression only de-programming will be of any assistance.

How very Mao of you.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
It was Iowa, it's over, Cruz has dropped out now.
I really have no reason to lie about it or spin it now.
To what end?
I saw what I saw "live", followed by a tweet, which said the same thing I saw, with a snapshot of the same thing.
Doesn't get much more straightforward than that.
I guess it still haunts them for some reason.
This is where the whole "Lyin' Ted" thing started, I suppose.

Maybe it is because if you show the timeline and the story exactly the way CNN reported it, it blows up the whole beginnings of "Lyin' Ted" movement.

Now, we can't possibly let that happen, now can we?

Of course you don't have any reason to lie about it, and I remember it pretty much the same as you.

Offline GrouchoTex

The craziest part of this story is, I took my family to the same restaurant last night!
Yet, here we are, today, talking about the same thing we did when I ate there the night of the Iowa caucuses.

I think I may have seen Rod Serling.... :silly:

"Submit for you Approval: A husband and wife walk into a quaint, out of the way, Mexican restaurant in Southeast Texas. As they sit down to take their helping of complimentary chips and salsa, they have taking their first bit into the culinary experience that leads to...The Twilight Zone"
« Last Edit: May 23, 2016, 07:06:11 pm by GrouchoTex »

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Of course you don't have any reason to lie about it, and I remember it pretty much the same as you.

But Trump supporters DO have to lie about it!  They can't maintain their support for the man without it!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
I have.  You refuse.  I'm under the impression only de-programming will be of any assistance.
How very Mao of you.

Well, after all - we are "the enemy" of the people, according to them.

Why shouldn't we expect Mao treatment at the hands of such a mob?
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Online Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"

I don't even understand why they care about that meme at all.  Sure, there are a lot of former Cruz supporters and others who won't vote for Trump no matter what.  They are a lost cause as far as the Trump campaign is concerned.  But there are also a lot of "maybe Trump" types out there who really are persuadable.  But Trump/supporters who just can't let go of the "Lyin' Ted" meme are just further alienating those people.  It's senseless.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
Mexican restaurant in Southeast Texas. As they sit down to take their helping of complimentary chips and salsa, they have taking their first bit into the culinary experience that leads to...

Sorry...I've been in Germany and away from home for too long...everything blurred out as I was reading but this.

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
Good grief the Trumpeteers refuse to let go of this lie! Time to move on.

Those that have bolstered Trump will bear that responsibility going forward!

I proudly bear that responsibility...along with the credit and kudos for my prescience.     :beer:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
I proudly bear that responsibility...along with the credit and kudos for my prescience.     :beer:

And what about in November...if you're wrong and you ended up backing the wrong guy...will you own up to that...or pass the blame?

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
And what about in November...if you're wrong and you ended up backing the wrong guy...will you own up to that...or pass the blame?

Of course, I'll own up to it.

Ask around.    :laugh:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
Well, after all - we are "the enemy" of the people, according to them.

Why shouldn't we expect Mao treatment at the hands of such a mob?

Nope.

Hillary's the enemy.

You keep repeating that mob, traitor, line 'em up and shoot 'em rhetoric about Trumpers - I've asked for links to such terrible talk.  Would like to see that myself!

Links?
Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
Of course, I'll own up to it.

Ask around.    :laugh:

You are one of the few around here that I honestly believe will do that.