Author Topic: Cruz: Those who bolstered Trump 'will bear that responsibility going forward'  (Read 121572 times)

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
Ted Cruz said Thursday that those who contributed to the rise of presumptive Republican presidential nominee Donald Trump will have to "bear that responsibility going forward."

Cruz appeared Thursday evening on the Houston-based "Michael Berry Show" and was asked whether he thought he was treated fairly in the GOP primary, with the host mentioning Fox News....

http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/news/279777-cruz-more-than-a-few-responsible-for-trump

Bill Cipher

Don't worry, the Strumpets will "prove" how #NeverTrump is solely responsible for Clinton's eventual victory because he refused to trample our principles and toe the Trump personality cult line.

A-Lert

Ted Cruz said Thursday that those who contributed to the rise of presumptive Republican presidential nominee Donald Trump will have to "bear that responsibility going forward."

Well Ted, you would have to be included.

Offline Frank Cannon

No he wasn't treated fairly.  I no longer visit FoxNew.com or Drudge.

No one else is either. I don;t know what the Trump Reports numbers are over last year but FOX is now in 2nd place to CNN of all place for 2 months straight since they went in the tank for Donny.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
No one else is either. I don;t know what the Trump Reports numbers are over last year but FOX is now in 2nd place to CNN of all place for 2 months straight since they went in the tank for Donny.

I wonder if Fox thinks it was worth it.  How many years was Fox News way ahead of CNN?  But, they threw that all away to become the all Trump station.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

A-Lert

I wonder if Fox thinks it was worth it.  How many years was Fox News way ahead of CNN?  But, they threw that all away to become the all Trump station.

Who were all the Fox people who clearly supported Trump? I don't watch TV news but I know from reading that Megyn Kelly doesn't appear to be a big Trump supporter.

Offline libertybele

Cruz was treated like a red-headed stepchild by the GOP establishment, the DEMS, Fox News  (in particular Sean Hannity) and the MSM. Ironically, the liberal media treated him at times better than conservative news. I find it quite disheartening and appalling when a member of our party stands up and defends our rights, and freedoms, including religious liberty, of "We the People" under the Constitution and is greatly chastised, ridiculed and attacked for doing so.  Cruz is absolutely 100% correct, everyone who is responsible for the rise of Donald Trump will bear that responsibility going forward.  I find it interesting that many members of Congress are now very reluctant to be associated with Trump and some are declining to be his VP.  That speaks volumes.  My question is, where were they when they very well could have easily voiced support for Cruz?  When Cruz came back to the Senate, he was warmly received and applauded; certainly a change of tune.

Fifteen other candidates competed against Trump.  None of those candidates were as vile and vulgar towards each other as Trump was to them.  Yet the masses accepted his vulgarity, anger, lying and verbal abuse towards others.  If we simply take a step back and look at the huge difference in character alone between Cruz and Trump it is equally disheartening that the masses would chose a bully over a gentlemen to lead our country and to set an example for our children. They chose someone who obviously lacks moral character over someone of great integrity.  What does this say about the mindset of his supporters?  To think that this is what newly acquired voters are drawn to is frightening.  It indicates that we have become a society of bullies, liars, and cheaters who verbally abuse one another and that is now acceptable.  All I can say now, is God, please help us!

#Never Trump  Don't blame me.  I support Cruz.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

A-Lert

.  Cruz is absolutely 100% correct, everyone who is responsible for the rise of Donald Trump will bear that responsibility going forward. 

Yes, and Ted bears some of the responsibility. Right wing ideologues aren't popular with the voting public.

Offline libertybele

Yes, and Ted bears some of the responsibility. Right wing ideologues aren't popular with the voting public.

Cruz bears no responsibility.  If you recall he opposed Trump.

#NeverTRump    Ted Cruz.  Reigniting the Promise of America.

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

A-Lert

Cruz bears no responsibility.  If you recall he opposed Trump.

#NeverTRump    Ted Cruz.  Reigniting the Promise of America.

So did a multitude of others. Ted was part of a congress that let down the citizens of this country.

Offline libertybele

So did a multitude of others. Ted was part of a congress that let down the citizens of this country.

No actually Ted stood up to Congress and defended "We the People".  He has defended the Constitution time and time again.  I will continue to stand with Cruz and support him going forward.  I don't feel he let the citizens of this country down, I see just the opposite.

Funny thing, you can tell a lot about people by the company they keep.  #NeverTrump

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
Right wing ideologues aren't popular with the voting public.

No. 

Marxist Communists and Populist Fascists are.

In a very short amount of time, the notion of liberty and individual freedom in this country will be as hated as loathed as Martin Shkreli is.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline libertybele

No. 

Marxist Communists and Populist Fascists are.

In a very short amount of time, the notion of liberty and individual freedom in this country will be as hated as loathed as Martin Shkreli is.

:beer:  Those who contributed to the rise of presumptive Republican presidential nominee Donald Trump will have to "bear that responsibility going forward."
                                         - Ted Cruz

A-Lert

No actually Ted stood up to Congress and defended "We the People".  He has defended the Constitution time and time again.  I will continue to stand with Cruz and support him going forward.  I don't feel he let the citizens of this country down, I see just the opposite.

Funny thing, you can tell a lot about people by the company they keep.  #NeverTrump

Just like Ron Paul. Unable to persuade his colleagues to support him. That is failure of leadership. That is a cold , hard fact.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

:beer:  Those who contributed to the rise of presumptive Republican presidential nominee Donald Trump will have to "bear that responsibility going forward."
                                         - Ted Cruz

Such bitterness.  I'm embarrassed for him.   **nononono* 

Offline libertybele

Just like Ron Paul. Unable to persuade his colleagues to support him. That is failure of leadership. That is a cold , hard fact.

I definitely don't see persuading colleagues using false pretenses, lies, bullying and verbal attacks as an accomplishment nor leadership. In fact, HITL*ER used similar "leadership".  It's a funny thing, you can tell a lot about people by the company they keep.  #NeverTrump
« Last Edit: May 13, 2016, 04:37:10 am by libertybele »

Offline libertybele

Such bitterness.  I'm embarrassed for him.   **nononono*

Bitterness?  Not at all.  He's simply stating a fact.   :patriot:

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Bitterness?  Not at all.  He's simply stating a fact.   

It's petty and it's bitterness. And he's not helping himself.  Cruz would do well to mourn his loss in private and give himself a chance to come to his senses before he goes on the record again.

Cruz needs to rebalance and remember a very sobering political fact:  53% voted for someone other than him in the Texas primary. 

Offline Henry Noel

"I was your father's friend, and I'm your friend; and I warn you as a friend, and an honest one that wants to protect you and keep you out of harm and trouble, to turn your backs on that scoundrel and have nothing to do with him, the ignorant tramp, with his idiotic Greek and Hebrew, as he calls it.  He is the thinnest kind of an impostor—has come here with a lot of empty names and facts which he picked up somewheres, and you take them for proofs, and are helped to fool yourselves by these foolish friends here, who ought to know better.  Mary Jane Wilks, you know me for your friend, and for your unselfish friend, too.  Now listen to me; turn this pitiful rascal out—I beg you to do it.  Will you?"

Mary Jane straightened herself up, and my, but she was handsome!  She says:

"Here is my answer."  She hove up the bag of money and put it in the king's hands, and says, "Take this six thousand dollars, and invest for me and my sisters any way you want to, and don't give us no receipt for it."

Then she put her arm around the king on one side, and Susan and the hare-lip done the same on the other.  Everybody clapped their hands and stomped on the floor like a perfect storm, whilst the king held up his head and smiled proud.  The doctor says:

"All right; I wash my hands of the matter.  But I warn you all that a time's coming when you're going to feel sick whenever you think of this day." And away he went.

"All right, doctor," says the king, kinder mocking him; "we'll try and get 'em to send for you;" which made them all laugh, and they said it was a prime good hit. — Mark Twain, The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn
Gee, it feels great to be a gangster!

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
No he wasn't treated fairly.  I no longer visit FoxNew.com or Drudge.

Me either.  Been quite some time.  And now he is thinking of Gingrich.  How did anyone ever think that Trump isn't Establishment?  Gingrich is like most Establishment politician there is.  Oh but he is a FOX contributor.  LOL!
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

A-Lert

I definitely don't see persuading colleagues using false pretenses, lies, bullying and verbal attacks as an accomplishment nor leadership. In fact, HITL*ER used similar "leadership".  It's a funny thing, you can tell a lot about people by the company they keep.  #NeverTrump

Hitler? Really? You keep getting smaller with each mindless post.

Offline Frank Cannon

Bitterness?  Not at all.  He's simply stating a fact.   :patriot:

You will have to realize that the Trumpets work strictly off emotions and feelings. They are incapable of reading a statement and taking it for face value.

Offline Henry Noel

Nono? Really? You keep getting smaller with each mindless post.

Can you tell us precisely what's small and mindless about it?
Gee, it feels great to be a gangster!

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

Cruz was treated like a red-headed stepchild by the GOP establishment, the DEMS, Fox News  (in particular Sean Hannity) and the MSM. Ironically, the liberal media treated him at times better than conservative news. I find it quite disheartening and appalling when a member of our party stands up and defends our rights, and freedoms, including religious liberty, of "We the People" under the Constitution and is greatly chastised, ridiculed and attacked for doing so.  Cruz is absolutely 100% correct, everyone who is responsible for the rise of Donald Trump will bear that responsibility going forward.  I find it interesting that many members of Congress are now very reluctant to be associated with Trump and some are declining to be his VP.  That speaks volumes.  My question is, where were they when they very well could have easily voiced support for Cruz?  When Cruz came back to the Senate, he was warmly received and applauded; certainly a change of tune.

Fifteen other candidates competed against Trump.  None of those candidates were as vile and vulgar towards each other as Trump was to them.  Yet the masses accepted his vulgarity, anger, lying and verbal abuse towards others.  If we simply take a step back and look at the huge difference in character alone between Cruz and Trump it is equally disheartening that the masses would chose a bully over a gentlemen to lead our country and to set an example for our children. They chose someone who obviously lacks moral character over someone of great integrity.  What does this say about the mindset of his supporters?  To think that this is what newly acquired voters are drawn to is frightening.  It indicates that we have become a society of bullies, liars, and cheaters who verbally abuse one another and that is now acceptable.  All I can say now, is God, please help us!

Very nice post.  Senator Cruz spoke clearly and plainly about his direction for our country.  While he wasn't my first choice, I never doubted where he stood on the issues, and I never doubted that he was truthful in his intentions.

Trump has been on every side of every issue, because he has no core values.  It shows in his response to questions about his faith.  It shows in his response to questions about the unborn.  It shows in his shallow surface understanding of any complex Constitutionally conservative position.  He is not conservative and he can't relate to people who have a deep interest in the Constitutional foundation of our government and the well being of our citizens.  He cares only about his name brand.  He is making it up as he goes.  He is as fake as his Trump University.

And God help us, good people are falling for it.

A-Lert

Can you tell us precisely what's small and mindless about it?

The nono comparison and strawman