Author Topic: Trump and Ryan: meeting was a 'very positive step' toward GOP unity  (Read 4619 times)

Offline Henry Noel

All I'm saying is I could picture your collie doing that to me.

Sorry for the visual, Henry!       :laugh:

He's a Sheltie.
Gee, it feels great to be a gangster!

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline BuckeyeTexan

As I said, this is merely a dance.  Torsos not touching.

By the end, they'll be tongue-kissing.

It's carthartic for the majority of the Republican electorate who did not vote for Trump in the primaries.
There are those that break and bend. I'm the other kind. ~Steve Earle

Offline bilo

It sounds like you have a ranking, for which voters really matter to elitists like yourself, and which voters do not matter.

The West Virginia coal miner, being made redundant by elitist global warming (your lady Hillary) motives, should be relegated to a life of welfare, or "retraining" at best, right?

Or the computer customer service representative in Desmoines, giving way to one in Manilla.

To you those people do not matter, since protecting them and their interests is "nativist" and/or "mercantilist?"

Not to mention we should be willing to accept a few of us getting mowed down from time to time, by muslims like the wife in San Bernardino.

You know it can be challenging to be sympathetic to groups of people who voted for the politicians who destroyed their livelyhood. I think the Rat policy on energy is the height of stupidity. Why did these people vote for it?

As far as the customer service reps why are they staying in a job that they can be so easily replaced in. Why aren't they developing their talents and making themselves more valuable?

The idea that the fed govt should guarantee a person a middle class lifestyle is the road to slavery. All I want to see the govt do is create as open and fair a marketplace as possible.
A stranger in a hostile foreign land I used to call home

Offline bilo

Several of the posters sound the same. All the $neverTrump Articles are virtually cookie cutter in their wording, talking points and anger. Could be a lot less of you then you think.

If the polling is correct you might be right. The last I saw 85% of the GOP is falling in line with Trump and with all the Rats he's bringing over it will probably off set the loss of conservatives. I'm sorry to see this, but I can remember the years before Reagan. I can live with the consequence of being an "outsider" as long as I'm true to me beliefs.
A stranger in a hostile foreign land I used to call home

Offline Henry Noel

He's a beauty! 

Thanks! I love that dog.

Online DCPatriot

Thanks! I love that dog.

Had two dear families in my life that had Shelties that were truly part of the family.  Both wore western bandanas around their neck and chest.

...and both were very obese.  LOL!

Yours looks like a runner.    :laugh:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Frank Cannon

No sir!  For you'll be the outsiders.

And after a spell, all your tempter tantrums and screaming will be just 'white noise' to the rest of us.

I believe Van Jones had the same belief of non kool aid drinkers in the early days of the Obama Administration. You really choose stellar people to emulate.

Online DCPatriot

I believe Van Jones had the same belief of non kool aid drinkers in the early days of the Obama Administration. You really choose stellar people to emulate.

I believe in redemption, Frank.   I believe in the common man.

...albeit today, I look both ways, crossing a one-way street.

Online DCPatriot

It's fascinating....your obsession with the Third Reich reference again.

Nobody is demanding loyalty. Just an admission one by one...in a thread I'm going to start one of these days, where you've got to come before the Trump Supporters and ....face the music.

....can't wait.    :laugh:

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan

Nobody is demanding loyalty. Just an admission one by one...in a thread I'm going to start one of these days, where you've got to come before the Trump Supporters and ....face the music.

Don't hold your breath waiting!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Frank Cannon

Nazi reference? It fascinating to me the limited knowledge of Trump supporters. Van Jones is an Alinsky devotee from the early days of the Obama administration who was setting things in motion to relegate Conservatism to the back of the bus forever.

The Kool aide reference was about Jim Jones. If I have to explain who he was, I am slowly backing away from you and calling for the men with nets.

Online DCPatriot

Nazi reference? It fascinating to me the limited knowledge of Trump supporters. Van Jones is an Alinsky devotee from the early days of the Obama administration who was setting things in motion to relegate Conservatism to the back of the bus forever.

The Kool aide reference was about Jim Jones. If I have to explain who he was, I am slowly backing away from you and calling for the men with nets.

No, sir.  We're good.

I was referring to Van Jones being in the meetings where it was discussed that 'they' were getting prepared "....to lose about 25 Million!"

Online DCPatriot

Offline Frank Cannon

That did it. If the Computer Who Wore Tennis Shoes and Private Benjamin are on the Trump Train, so am I!

« Last Edit: May 12, 2016, 10:59:02 pm by Frank Cannon »

Online libertybele

Meaning exactly what?  Kurt Russell and Goldie Hawn don't really have to worry  about the negative impact Trump will have on this country and our wallets like the rest of us.  Kurt is worth about $70 Mil and Goldie is worth around $60 Mil.  They have a $15 Mil oceanfront home in Malibu.  I would say that they don't have a whole lot of worries.

Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online DCPatriot

That did it. If the Computer Who Wore Tennis Shoes and Private Benjamin are on the Trump Train, so am I!

I swear that graphic on his shirt looked photoshopped.  LOL
« Last Edit: May 12, 2016, 11:09:03 pm by DCPatriot »

Offline sinkspur

You're going to be very disappointed. The more you Trumpkins insist that #NeverTrump will kiss your ring, the less likely that becomes.

You'll be the one being told to kiss.............something.

Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Online DCPatriot

You're going to be very disappointed. The more you Trumpkins insist that #NeverTrump will kiss your ring, the less likely that becomes.

You'll be the one being told to kiss.............something.

Can't wait buddy.

If Trump loses, I'll accept the label as "Crazy Uncle".

If he wins...I'm gonna take you fishing, Fredo.    :beer:

Offline sinkspur

Can't wait buddy.

If Trump loses, I'll accept the label as "Crazy Uncle".

If he wins...I'm gonna take you fishing, Fredo.    :beer:

He's not going to win. 

Romney lost because he got 27% of Hispanics.  And he lost single women. 

Trump will do worse among those groups than Romney.

He's trying though.  He's ditching all the nonsense he promised you guys in the primary as fast as he can.

By the time he's flip-flopped his way through the campaign, he'll be indistinguishable from Hillary.

He IS a Democrat, after all.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
Trump and Ryan: meeting was a 'very positive step' toward GOP unity

Misnomer.  The GOP is already unified with the Obama Marxist Democrats, so it figures that it would embrace the Populist Nationalist Fascists as well.

Once the Ruling Class learned Trump would renegotiate deals and backpedal as skillfully as any career politician - they began to line up behind the King Presumptive.

After all, the Oligarchy in the GOP told us repeatedly they wanted Conservatives out of their party and even threatened to "punch us in the nose" (McConnell).

The top-down unConstitutional Statism fascist gravy train will run without interruption and the oligarchy is all getting on board with whomever they eventually crown to be dictator-in-chief so as to continue fleecing what is left of our liberty and our wealth.

What is never going to be unified with the GOP- are Conservatives.

Trump will make our ideology an underground movement on the verge of extinction, because the Constitution, Principles and Liberty do not matter to the whole lot of the cabal in power and those seeking power.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline Henry Noel

Had two dear families in my life that had Shelties that were truly part of the family.  Both wore western bandanas around their neck and chest.

...and both were very obese.  LOL!

Yours looks like a runner.    :laugh:

Dickens runs like the wind, and he's incredibly graceful doing it. I like to just put him in the back yard and watch as he makes his way along the fence and around the shed. I've put concrete pavers at a foot part around the path so he doesn't dig up the grass doing it.

Dogs can get fat very easily, but after years of having fat (and sick) dogs I decided that Dickens was going to be an exception. No sugars or starches, plenty of meat, and no neutering.  Dickens is a big guy for a Sheltie, but he's been the same weight since eleven months old, and believe me, he gets fed like a king!

Shelties are wonderful dogs, but even though they resemble Collies, their temperament is completely different.

Offline Henry Noel

Once the Ruling Class learned Trump would renegotiate deals and backpedal as skillfully as any career politician - they began to line up behind the King Presumptive.

When he's not being a liberal, he's GOPe all the way.

Online DCPatriot

Dickens runs like the wind, and he's incredibly graceful doing it. I like to just put him in the back yard and watch as he makes his way along the fence and around the shed. I've put concrete pavers at a foot part around the path so he doesn't dig up the grass doing it.

Dogs can get fat very easily, but after years of having fat (and sick) dogs I decided that Dickens was going to be an exception. No sugars or starches, plenty of meat, and no neutering.  Dickens is a big guy for a Sheltie, but he's been the same weight since eleven months old, and believe me, he gets fed like a king!

Shelties are wonderful dogs, but even though they resemble Collies, their temperament is completely different.

Interesting.   Would love to discuss it some day in the PETS WELCOMED thread in GENERAL CATEGORIES.

I know they're smart as all get out.