Author Topic: Trump and Ryan: meeting was a 'very positive step' toward GOP unity  (Read 4640 times)

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!

Trump and Ryan: meeting was a 'very positive step' toward GOP unity – live

Ryan on Trump's Muslim ban: 'I'm not interested in litigating the past'

Ryan is asked whether he can get behind Trump’s call for a ban on Muslim migrants and the deportation of undocumented migrants.

Ryan downplays the importance of any differences the two may have on the issue.

“We will have policy disputes,” Ryan says. “I’m not interested in litigating the past. I’m interested in going forward.”

“I represent a wing of the conservative party – he’s bringing a whole new wing. That’s a positive thing.”

Ryan says that the two shared a “positive vision based on core principles.”

The principles include that a Clinton presidency “would be a disaster.”

Ryan: 'happy to serve as chair' of convention

Ryan says that after meeting Trump he is happy to serve as chairman of the national convention if Trump wanted him to.

Earlier Ryan had said he was willing to step down in the role if Trump wanted.

“I thought he was a very good personality. He was a very warm... gentleman. .. I actually had a very pleasant exchange with him.”

Ryan: 'I was very encouraged'

Ryan says “it’s no secret that Donald Trump and I have had our differences, and we talked about those differences today” but “I was very encouraged” by the meeting.

“It’s very important that we don’t fake unifying... so that we are full strength in the fall,” he says.

more at: 

http://www.theguardian.com/us-news/live/2016/may/12/us-election-live-trump-paul-ryan-meeting

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline DCPatriot

As I said, this is merely a dance.  Torsos not touching.

By the end, they'll be tongue-kissing.   
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
Neither one of these liberals gives a damn about the Constitution.
Principles matter. Words matter.

Offline DCPatriot

Neither one of these liberals gives a damn about the Constitution.

Well, we sure as hell KNOW Hillary won't.   :laugh:

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
As I said, this is merely a dance.  Torsos not touching.

By the end, they'll be tongue-kissing.

Can you say masterful use, of "earned media?" Stay tuned for coming episodes.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline DCPatriot

Can you say masterful use, of "earned media?" Stay tuned for coming episodes.

:beer:

Offline DCPatriot

Offline DCPatriot

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M1pdZADMKPg

This dog reminds me of hopefully, some of you Donald Trump haters and #nevertrumpers....but alas, I repeat myself....after the election.

.....when we welcome you back into the fold.      :laugh:

Offline DCPatriot

http://insider.foxnews.com/2016/05/11/eric-trump-tells-megyn-his-father-put-his-kids-work-there-were-no-free-handouts

Eric Trump with Megyn Kelly on whether his father needs Ryan's endorsement.

Worth a watch.

edit to add:   Damn...this put a lump in my throat!    WARNING!!!
« Last Edit: May 12, 2016, 04:43:49 pm by DCPatriot »

Bill Cipher

This dog reminds me of hopefully, some of you Donald Trump haters and #nevertrumpers....but alas, I repeat myself....after the election.

Thanks you massa, you gwine be da bes massa evuh, massa. 

Offline Frank Cannon

Yea!!! The establishment which has lied about every promise they ever made is embracing the guy who funded the stuff they promised to fight.

This new Leftist/Progressive GOP is a real winner and everyone should be real proud.

(BTW, I wonder if Trump sycophant Palin will now back Ryan in his House race?)

http://www.cnn.com/2016/05/08/politics/sarah-palin-paul-ryan-paul-nehlen-endorsement/

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
“I represent a wing of the conservative party – he’s bringing a whole new wing. That’s a positive thing.”

Yeah, a nativist, mercantilist wing.   It's the "conservatism" of the thirties.  No thanks. 
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline DCPatriot

Thanks you massa, you gwine be da bes massa evuh, massa.

Far as I'm concerned, you can stay on your Lord of the Flies island for the next 8 years, Bill.  ....er, I mean, "Jack".

Offline Frank Cannon

Far as I'm concerned, you can stay on your Lord of the Flies island for the next 8 years, Bill.  ....er, I mean, "Jack".

Wouldn't you be the one on the Island since you worship a guy talking about his penis in a nationally televised debate?

Offline kidd

“I represent a wing of the conservative party – ....”  Paul Ryan

:silly:  :bsflag: :mauslaff: 000hehehehe 9999what 8889whatkitty :rolling: :bolt:

Offline DCPatriot

Wouldn't you be the one on the Island since you worship a guy talking about his penis in a nationally televised debate?

No sir!  For you'll be the outsiders.

And after a spell, all your tempter tantrums and screaming will be just 'white noise' to the rest of us.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
Yeah, a nativist, mercantilist wing.   It's the "conservatism" of the thirties.  No thanks.

It sounds like you have a ranking, for which voters really matter to elitists like yourself, and which voters do not matter.

The West Virginia coal miner, being made redundant by elitist global warming (your lady Hillary) motives, should be relegated to a life of welfare, or "retraining" at best, right?

Or the computer customer service representative in Desmoines, giving way to one in Manilla.

To you those people do not matter, since protecting them and their interests is "nativist" and/or "mercantilist?"

Not to mention we should be willing to accept a few of us getting mowed down from time to time, by muslims like the wife in San Bernardino.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline Mechanicos

And after a spell, all your tempter tantrums and screaming will be just 'white noise' to the rest of us.
:word:
Trump is for America First.
"Crooked Hillary Clinton is the Secretary of the Status Quo – and wherever Hillary Clinton goes, corruption and scandal follow." D. Trump 7/11/16

Did you know that the word ‘gullible’ is not in the dictionary?

Isaiah 54:17

Offline sinkspur

"We will unify around principles we don't share."
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline sinkspur

The minority of you.  Have you looked around?  This place is majority #NeverTrump.

Offline Henry Noel

I'm a wolf, not a sheep. And my dog is a sheepdog.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2016, 07:42:02 pm by Henry Noel »
Gee, it feels great to be a gangster!

Offline sinkspur

It sounds like you have a ranking, for which voters really matter to elitists like yourself, and which voters do not matter.

The West Virginia coal miner, being made redundant by elitist global warming (your lady Hillary) motives, should be relegated to a life of welfare, or "retraining" at best, right?

Or the computer customer service representative in Desmoines, giving way to one in Manilla.

To you those people do not matter, since protecting them and their interests is "nativist" and/or "mercantilist?"

Not to mention we should be willing to accept a few of us getting mowed down from time to time, by muslims like the wife in San Bernardino.

Coal mining is losing to natural gas more than to the phony global warming claims.  Coal miners will continue to shrink in numbers.

And customer service reps are a commodity item.  They read off scripts mostly.  A repetitive task like that will go to the lowest bidder.

Or are we to mourn over the loss of buggy-whip makers a hundred years ago?

Offline DCPatriot

I'm a wolf, not a sheep. And my dog is a sheepdog.

All I'm saying is I could picture your collie doing that to me.

Sorry for the visual, Henry!       :laugh:

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter

The solution is economic growth, not government protection of dying industries.   Lower corporate taxes, less regulation (especially with respect to the  labor market),  lower barriers to investment and the extension of credit,  allow corporations to repatriate their money back home.   All the stuff the Dems don't believe in.
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline Mechanicos

The minority of you.  Have you looked around?  This place is majority #NeverTrump.

Several of the posters sound the same. All the $neverTrump Articles are virtually cookie cutter in their wording, talking points and anger. Could be a lot less of you then you think.
Trump is for America First.
"Crooked Hillary Clinton is the Secretary of the Status Quo – and wherever Hillary Clinton goes, corruption and scandal follow." D. Trump 7/11/16

Did you know that the word ‘gullible’ is not in the dictionary?

Isaiah 54:17