Author Topic: Trump campaign approves white nationalist as GOP delegate after 'database error'  (Read 354 times)

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
If you’re trying to step away from the controversy of a contentious primary fight and present a more presidential face to the electorate it is really not helpful to make a mistake like this. From Mother Jones, which broke the story Tuesday:

On Monday evening, California’s secretary of state published a list of delegates chosen by the Trump campaign for the upcoming Republican presidential primary in the state. Trump’s slate includes William Johnson, one of the country’s most prominent white nationalists…

Johnson leads the American Freedom Party, a group that “exists to represent the political interests of White Americans” and aims to preserve “the customs and heritage of the European American people.”

The Trump campaign is now backing away from Johnson and blaming his selection as a delegate on “a database error.” Here is the campaign’s full statement as reported by Business Insider:

Yesterday the Trump campaign submitted its list of California delegates to be certified by the Secretary of State of California. A database error led to the inclusion of a potential delegate that had been rejected and removed from the campaign’s list in February 2016.

According to the Mother Jones report, Johnson outlined his background in his application to be a delegate but avoided the phrase “white nationalist.” (White nationalists have recently begun rebranding themselves as “white advocates.”)

Read more:

http://hotair.com/archives/2016/05/10/trump-campaign-selects-prominent-white-nationalist-as-delegate-blames-it-on-database-error/
The Republic is lost.

Offline EasyAce

• RIP Blue, 2012-2020---my big, gentle friend.
A few more "mistakes" like this and Donaldus Minimus will need a lot more than
an ordinary de-lousing.

"The question of who is right is a small one, indeed, beside the question of what is right."---Albert Jay Nock.

Fake news---news you don't like or don't want to hear.

Offline Frank Cannon

http://www.cnn.com/2016/05/10/politics/donald-trump-delegate-white-nationalist/

The head of a white nationalist political party was briefly slated to cast a ballot for Donald Trump this summer at the Republican National Convention after the campaign approved his application to serve as a California delegate.
The Trump campaign submitted the name of William Johnson, the head of the American Freedom Party who funded pro-Trump robocalls that talked of the white race "dying out in America," to the California secretary of state. Johnson is one of 169 delegates -- 159 from congressional districts and 10 at-large delegates -- that voters in each of California's congressional districts would send to the GOP's nominating convention this summer by voting for Trump.

Johnson said he received an email from a California strategist with Trump's campaign late Tuesday afternoon stating that he had been listed in error.
The story was first reported Tuesday by Mother Jones.
In a telephone interview with CNN, Johnson said he understood that "a campaign has to put its best foot forward — and I'm a white nationalist, and we live in a society today where white people don't like white people who like white people. And so, I don't want to do anything that would jeopardize Mr. Trump's chances. So it's best that I resign."
Johnson praised Trump on Wednesday, telling CNN's "The Lead with Jake Tapper," that he like the real estate mogul for speaking his mind.
"Mr. Trump is the real deal. He will not govern by public opinion poll. He says what's on his mind," Johnson said, who described his ideology as making American's aware of the "precipitous decline in the white race."
The Trump campaign on Tuesday blamed Johnson's inclusion on its California delegate slate on a "database error."
"Yesterday, the Trump campaign submitted its list of California delegates to be certified by the Secretary of State of California. A database error led to the inclusion of a potential delegate that had been rejected and removed from the campaign's list in February 2016," Trump campaign spokeswoman Hope Hicks said in a statement.
"We are working to correct this error," she added.
Johnson is slated to serve as a Republican delegate at the convention should Trump win California's 34th congressional district.
Trump is now the Republican Party's presumptive nominee and is running unopposed as he looks to secure the final round of delegates he needs to reach the 1,237 threshold to formally win the GOP nomination.
Trump's campaign manager, Corey Lewandowski, said his team was also looking into the California delegate slate rules.
"I don't know if he is being replaced or not -- I don't know the answer to that, but I'm sure we'll find out, and as soon as we know whether he's being replaced or not, we'll make sure you're made aware of it," Lewandowski said.
Johnson said he bore no ill will toward the campaign and immediately told the Trump campaign he would withdraw as a delegate.
"So that there is no misunderstanding and for clarification, I hereby resign as a delegate," Johnson wrote to Clark. "Good luck."

Offline Frank Cannon

Trump sure is running a well oiled machine. Hitlary better look out.

Offline kjam22

America needs God's forgiveness....... Even if Donald Trump doesn't think he does.

Offline Frank Cannon

The best part of this yuuge Trump supporter isn't his rabid hatred of non whites. It's that he is a lawyer who helps Chinese businesses move into the US.