Author Topic: Donald Trump on Muslim Ban: ‘Sure I’d Back Off On It’  (Read 1301 times)

Offline sinkspur

http://www.mediaite.com/tv/trump-on-muslim-ban-sure-id-back-off-on-it/

Donald Trump on Muslim Ban: ‘Sure I’d Back Off On It’

by Josh Feldman | 7:25 pm, May 11th, 2016 VIDEO 689

Donald Trump indicated on Fox News tonight a willingness he hasn’t expressed before to go back on his Muslim ban idea as soon as possible.

Greta Van Susteren brought up concerns people had that the ban could “go on forever.”

Trump said, “It was never meant to be. I mean, that’s why it was temporary. Sure I’d back off on it, I’d like to back off it as soon as possible.”

He did go on to say there’s a serious problem with radical Islam that the U.S. needs to get to the bottom of, while allowing for exceptions in that ban––of which, again, Trump said, “Ultimately it’s my aim to have it lifted.”

“Ideally,” he concluded, “you won’t have a ban very long.”
« Last Edit: May 12, 2016, 01:31:54 am by sinkspur »
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline sinkspur

Re: Donald Trump on Muslim Ban: ‘Sure I’d Back Off On It’
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2016, 01:32:12 am »
The Muslim ban is gone.  Count on it.

Offline BuckeyeTexan

« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2016, 01:50:41 am »
Context is important on this one. He never said he would permanently ban Muslims. So when asked about concerns that such a ban would be permanent, he answered that it wasn't meant to be permanent. It was intended to be temporary until we can get a a system in place to thoroughly check backgrounds. (That'll never happen.)

I'll give him the benefit of the doubt on this one.

That said, nothing is permanent anyway. Laws change. Presidents change. Executive orders change. Even SCOTUS overturns its own precedents.

There are those that break and bend. I'm the other kind. ~Steve Earle

Offline Mechanicos

« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2016, 01:54:21 am »
What part of "temporary" escapes ya. what happens when the Temporary ends? DUH.

Geeze the desperation to twist is strong here.
Trump is for America First.
"Crooked Hillary Clinton is the Secretary of the Status Quo – and wherever Hillary Clinton goes, corruption and scandal follow." D. Trump 7/11/16

Did you know that the word ‘gullible’ is not in the dictionary?

Isaiah 54:17

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2016, 01:59:43 am »
Context is important on this one. He never said he would permanently ban Muslims. So when asked about concerns that such a ban would be permanent, he answered that it wasn't meant to be permanent. It was intended to be temporary until we can get a a system in place to thoroughly check backgrounds. (That'll never happen.)

That said, nothing is permanent anyway. Laws change. Presidents change. Executive orders change. Even SCOTUS overturns its own precedents.

I disagree.  I think this is another "negotiable" issue and that it's gone when he needs it gone.

Plus, banning all Muslims from the Middle East is unenforceable and ridiculous.

Offline Mechanicos

« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2016, 02:02:46 am »
I disagree.  I think this is another "negotiable" issue and that it's gone when he needs it gone.

Plus, banning all Muslims from the Middle East is unenforceable and ridiculous.

Banning Muslim refugees is certainly conformable. So is banning any connected to terrorism/ISIS. Lot of dishonest reporting from Red State today. Guess the Globalists want their 3 million dollars worth of anti-Trump Agitprop.
"Crooked Hillary Clinton is the Secretary of the Status Quo – and wherever Hillary Clinton goes, corruption and scandal follow." D. Trump 7/11/16

Offline montanajoe

« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2016, 02:06:27 am »
Clinton should just sit back and let Trump talk..or put him on the payroll.

Online cato potatoe

« Reply #7 on: May 12, 2016, 02:09:56 am »
Clinton should just sit back and let Trump talk..or put him on the payroll.

She ought to rent a house in Lucia for 6 months and let him flap his gums. 

geronl

« Reply #8 on: May 12, 2016, 02:42:26 am »
He has never take a single stand on anything. "Everything is negotiable" undercuts everything else.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #9 on: May 12, 2016, 10:12:28 am »

Sure go ahead a give Trump a free pass on this one as well.  Is there any issue that he hasn't flip-flopped on??  He has another 6 months to change his mind again.  Nothing is permanent with Trump is an under statement. He has no core convictions, no compass morals or ethics and absolutely no integrity.  With Trump EVERYTHING is up for negotiation.

By the way, the Constitution has been our permanent document and Supreme law of our Country since September 17, 1787.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #10 on: May 12, 2016, 10:56:05 am »
I don't see how it would be constitutional. Especially since the "no establishment of religion" clause in the 1st amendment is used to keep crosses off of public property.

Offline Mechanicos

« Reply #11 on: May 12, 2016, 10:59:50 am »
I don't see how it would be constitutional. Especially since the "no establishment of religion" clause in the 1st amendment is used to keep crosses off of public property.
Its simple really. The Constitution does not apply to foreigners in other countries.

Offline RedHead

« Reply #12 on: May 12, 2016, 11:03:46 am »
http://www.mediaite.com/tv/trump-on-muslim-ban-sure-id-back-off-on-it/

Donald Trump on Muslim Ban: ‘Sure I’d Back Off On It’

by Josh Feldman | 7:25 pm, May 11th, 2016 VIDEO 689

Donald Trump indicated on Fox News tonight a willingness he hasn’t expressed before to go back on his Muslim ban idea as soon as possible.

Greta Van Susteren brought up concerns people had that the ban could “go on forever.”

Trump said, “It was never meant to be. I mean, that’s why it was temporary. Sure I’d back off on it, I’d like to back off it as soon as possible.”

He did go on to say there’s a serious problem with radical Islam that the U.S. needs to get to the bottom of, while allowing for exceptions in that ban––of which, again, Trump said, “Ultimately it’s my aim to have it lifted.”

“Ideally,” he concluded, “you won’t have a ban very long.”

Trump has said that the ban would be in place until the government "figures out what they're doing."  What is the definition of that?  And when has Washington ever "figured out what they're doing?" 

Offline RedHead

« Reply #13 on: May 12, 2016, 11:07:50 am »
Banning Muslim refugees is certainly conformable. So is banning any connected to terrorism/ISIS. Lot of dishonest reporting from Red State today. Guess the Globalists want their 3 million dollars worth of anti-Trump Agitprop.

But Trump didn't say he wanted to ban just immigrants.  His position is "a total and complete shutdown on Muslims entering the country" until that magical moment when Congress can "figure out what's going on," as if they've ever been able to do that.

Offline RedHead

« Reply #14 on: May 12, 2016, 11:10:14 am »

It it'll never happen then it will be, by default, permanent.

That said, nothing is permanent anyway.

And nothing seems to be less permanent than a Trump campaign promise.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2016, 11:10:51 am by RedHead »

Offline Mechanicos

« Reply #15 on: May 12, 2016, 11:13:30 am »
But Trump didn't say he wanted to ban just immigrants.  His position is "a total and complete shutdown on Muslims entering the country" until that magical moment when Congress can "figure out what's going on," as if they've ever been able to do that.
Its common sense. We cannot tell who is going to have sudden Jihad Syndrome. I would prefer that Islam never take hold here in the US. Since its too late for that the next best thing is to keep the population small so as to prevent the problems other Western countries have. One suggestion that might work is to use something like how Israel screens people coming in.  Its not politically correct but it works apparently.

Offline kjam22

« Reply #16 on: May 12, 2016, 12:05:25 pm »
Its common sense. We cannot tell who is going to have sudden Jihad Syndrome. I would prefer that Islam never take hold here in the US. Since its too late for that the next best thing is to keep the population small so as to prevent the problems other Western countries have. One suggestion that might work is to use something like how Israel screens people coming in.  Its not politically correct but it works apparently.

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

America needs God's forgiveness....... Even if Donald Trump doesn't think he does.

Offline RedHead

« Reply #17 on: May 12, 2016, 12:13:27 pm »

So how will it work?  Will the screening be done at the point of origin for the flight destined for the U.S.?  Or will the weeding out be done once they get here?  And how will they tell the Muslims from the non-Muslims? 

• Technical
« Reply #18 on: May 12, 2016, 12:14:52 pm »
So how will it work?  Will the screening be done at the point of origin for the flight destined for the U.S.?  Or will the weeding out be done once they get here?  And how will they tell the Muslims from the non-Muslims?

Make them eat a pork hot dog?  :laugh:

Offline kjam22

« Reply #19 on: May 12, 2016, 12:19:37 pm »

LOL..... I want that job.  I want to be in a Saudi Arabia screening people bound for the U.S.    "Hey... you gotta eat this BLT and these Pork Rinds first.... and you gotta publically proclaim that Mohammad was a child molester.... then we'll let you on the plane."
America needs God's forgiveness....... Even if Donald Trump doesn't think he does.

• Technical
« Reply #20 on: May 12, 2016, 12:23:17 pm »
LOL..... I want that job.  I want to be in a Saudi Arabia screening people bound for the U.S.    "Hey... you gotta eat this BLT and these Pork Rinds first.... and you gotta publically proclaim that Mohammad was a child molester.... then we'll let you on the plane."

You have to present a variety of pork products:

1) Wendy's Baconator
2) Hot Dogs
3) Egg McMuffin
4) Rack of ribs
5) Salad with bacon bits, for "health conscious" travelers.

Etc. etc.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2016, 12:25:16 pm by Weird Tolkienish Figure »

Offline RedHead

« Reply #21 on: May 12, 2016, 12:31:51 pm »
Make them eat a pork hot dog?  :laugh:

Then you also exclude Jews, vegetarians, Seventh Day Adventists, and some Orthodox Christian sects. 

Offline kidd

« Reply #22 on: May 12, 2016, 12:40:22 pm »
The Muslim ban is gone.  Count on it.
How long until the wall promise is gone?

Offline ConstitutionRose

« Reply #23 on: May 12, 2016, 01:42:36 pm »
Then you also exclude Jews, vegetarians, Seventh Day Adventists, and some Orthodox Christian sects.
Eat not ear.
Correct. Also many simply do not  ear pork for health reasons.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2016, 01:43:34 pm by ConstitutionRose »
"Old man can't is dead.  I helped bury him."  Supreme Court Justice Clarence Thomas quoting his grandfather.

Offline Eowyn

• Don't blame me, I voted for Ted Cruz.
« Reply #24 on: May 12, 2016, 01:46:25 pm »
He has never take a single stand on anything. "Everything is negotiable" undercuts everything else.

Exactly.