Author Topic: Gary Johnson - Libertarian's positions  (Read 2108 times)

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
Gary Johnson - Libertarian's positions
« on: May 11, 2016, 06:19:18 pm »
Gary Johnson

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gary_Johnson

--Open Borders
--Pro abortion
--Cut military spending 43%
--Does not believe Iran is threat; opposes Israel defending itself
--Legalize/decriminalize most drugs
--Believes global warming is manmade
--Supports same-sex marriage
--Opposes Citizens United ruling by USSC

Anybody that can explain the road from popularly defined "conservatism," and his positions, may already be smoking the whacky tobacky he was peddling, when he was CEO of a marijuana distribution corporation

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline DiogenesLamp

Re: Gary Johnson - Libertarian's positions
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2016, 06:26:42 pm »
I have no interest in supporting any sort of Libertarian.   I would rather have fire breathing Liberals,  because at least they would initiate a faster reset of the situation.   

Experiments in Libertarian societies have never worked.   
‘What all the wise men promised has not happened, and what all the damned fools said would happen has come to pass.’
— Lord Melbourne —

Offline libertybele

« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2016, 07:24:17 pm »
Based on what is indicated as Johnson's stances on the issues ... I am definitely NOT interested.  I'll stick to writing in Cruz.

#NeverTrump
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2016, 08:46:44 pm »
Ah, yes, a Trump spammer has decided that he needs his own thread for the same cut-and-paste, distorted bullet points he has so frequently posted in other threads before.

This site is turning into a dump.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Online cato potatoe

« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2016, 08:55:41 pm »
Johnson's position on abortion is that Roe vs. Wade was an overreach and he would return the power back to the states. He is a tenth amendment guy.  That's my positon as well.  Trump has more positions than a karma sutra.

Marriage: Trump goes through women like tissue paper, and he's proud of it.  Women are pieces of meat.  Melania will no doubt be fired within a couple of years.  You're going to run a guy like that to advocate for traditional marriage?  If I didn't know any better, I might think Republicans just don't like gays.

Drugs: Trump was a regular at Studio 54.  You're going to tell me he did not indulge in all sorts of illegal drugs?  Maybe he should be in prison instead of running for office.

Gary Johnson wants to limit the size and scope of the federal government.  Trump wants to expand government and default on the debt.  It's a no brainer.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2016, 08:59:35 pm »
Ah, yes, a Trump spammer has decided that he needs his own thread for the same cut-and-paste, distorted bullet points he has so frequently posted in other threads before.

This site is turning into a dump.
Hey, instead of attacking me personally, why don't you raise a defense of the very guy you touted in your tagline?

Defend Gary Johnson's policy positions, on this conservative site.

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2016, 09:03:03 pm »
Johnson's position on abortion is that Roe vs. Wade was an overreach and he would return the power back to the states. He is a tenth amendment guy.  That's my positon as well.  Trump has more positions than a karma sutra.

Marriage: Trump goes through women like tissue paper, and he's proud of it.  Women are pieces of meat.  Melania will no doubt be fired within a couple of years.  You're going to run a guy like that to advocate for traditional marriage?  If I didn't know any better, I might think Republicans just don't like gays.

Drugs: Trump was a regular at Studio 54.  You're going to tell me he did not indulge in all sorts of illegal drugs?  Maybe he should be in prison instead of running for office.

Gary Johnson wants to limit the size and scope of the federal government.  Trump wants to expand government and default on the debt.  It's a no brainer.
That's not to mention that the court has already ruled on same-sex marriage itself and is unlikely to overturn it as long as Justice Kennedy is alive (and he's in better health than Scalia was so it probably won't be this next term).

The Trump spammer also conveniently leaves out a number of domestic issues where Johnson is far better than his guy. Obamacare: Trump still wants to force everyone into coverage; Johnson does not. Spending: Johnson supports reduced spending, Trump supports using gimmicks to pay off the debt. Marijuana: The two states that did legalize it, even for recreational use, are not collapsing into the ground; it's not the clear and present danger older Americans seem to want to believe it is. Most people are indifferent to it at this point.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline kevindavis007

« Reply #7 on: May 11, 2016, 09:54:03 pm »
Hey, instead of attacking me personally, why don't you raise a defense of the very guy you touted in your tagline?

Defend Gary Johnson's policy positions, on this conservative site.

Question do you want a Big Government or a Small Government??
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/ and the Eisenhower Caucus: https://EisenhowerCaucus.org

Offline libertybele

« Reply #8 on: May 11, 2016, 10:03:44 pm »
Well, I did a shred of research on Gary Johnson:

* He favors abortion

* He favors same sex marriage

* He is opposed to Obamacare

* He opposes higher taxes on wealthy

* He favors amnesty

* He is opposed to expanding the military

http://www.ontheissues.org/Gary_Johnson.htm

Definitely will NOT get my vote.  As I stated earlier, I'll vote in Ted Cruz.

#NeverTrump   

Cruz.  Reigniting the Promise of America.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2016, 10:04:14 pm by libertybele »

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #9 on: May 11, 2016, 10:07:54 pm »
Went to his website several categories under 'issues' seems to be missing - 2nd amendment rights and healthcare.

https://garyjohnson2016.com/issues/

Offline kevindavis007

« Reply #10 on: May 11, 2016, 10:09:30 pm »
Well, I did a shred of research on Gary Johnson:

* He favors abortion

* He favors same sex marriage

* He is opposed to Obamacare

* He opposes higher taxes on wealthy

* He favors amnesty

* He is opposed to expanding the military

http://www.ontheissues.org/Gary_Johnson.htm

Definitely will NOT get my vote.  As I stated earlier, I'll vote in Ted Cruz.

#NeverTrump   

Cruz.  Reigniting the Promise of America.

S**t.. Well I might be either writing in Marco or myself.. Since I live in Illinois, Trump will lose to Hillary big time..
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/ and the Eisenhower Caucus: https://EisenhowerCaucus.org

Offline Ghost Bear

• Not an actual picture of me
« Reply #11 on: May 11, 2016, 10:10:39 pm »
For myself, I will probably vote for either the Libertarian or the Constitution Party candidate for President. Right now I'm leaning more towards the Constitution Party, simply because I disagree with some of the Libertarian Party's stated positions (open borders for one).

But then, who knows what might happen between now and November?   :pop41:
Let it burn.

Offline Timber Rattler

• Conservative Purist and Patriot
« Reply #12 on: May 11, 2016, 10:22:30 pm »
The Constitution Party should be our natural vehicle for challenging the GOP-E from the right as a true Conservative party, but it has extremely weak leadership and organization and almost no funding.  Heck, it's National headquarters is in Lancaster, Pennsylvania, of all places, which makes no sense whatsoever.  With that said, the Constitution Party is ripe for some well-known national Conservative leader like Cruz to come in, get involved, raise its profile, and help build it up into a serious third party contender.

http://www.constitutionparty.com/

aka "nasty degenerate SOB," "worst of the worst at Free Republic," "Garbage Troll," "Neocon Warmonger," "Filthy Piece of Trash," "damn $#%$#@!," "Silly f'er," "POS," "war pig," "neocon scumbag," "insignificant little ankle nipper," "@ss-clown," "neocuck," "termite," "Uniparty Deep stater," "Never Trump sack of dog feces," "avid Bidenista," "filthy Ukrainian," "war whore," "fricking chump," psychopathic POS, and depraved SOB.

"In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act."  ---George Orwell

"If you want peace, prepare for war." ---Flavius Vegetius Renatus

Offline libertybele

« Reply #13 on: May 11, 2016, 10:26:49 pm »
For myself, I will probably vote for either the Libertarian or the Constitution Party candidate for President. Right now I'm leaning more towards the Constitution Party, simply because I disagree with some of the Libertarian Party's stated positions (open borders for one).

But then, who knows what might happen between now and November?   :pop41:

We are appx. 2 months away from the GOP Convention where Trump who has already been declared the presumptive nominee will have the majority needed to be declared the GOP nominee.  Six months is a ways away, but do you think things are going to change much between now and then??

The reality of the matter is:

The only uncertainty right now lies with Hillary, however with the super delegates she is pretty much seen as the DEM nominee.

Possibly the Constitution party may qualify in all 50 states and be on the ballot in all states.

The Libertarian party is expected to be on the ballot in all 50 states; they as well have not accomplished being on the ballot yet in all 50 states.

Trump will be the GOP nominee.  More than likely Hillary will be the DEM nominee.  Certainly you can write in a candidate.

Offline Ghost Bear

• Not an actual picture of me
« Reply #14 on: May 11, 2016, 11:08:55 pm »
Six months is a ways away, but do you think things are going to change much between now and then??

I won't make predictions on what might happen between now and November, but I will point out that unforeseen events have changed the course of elections in the past.

And also, remember the old fable (which I'll paraphrase here):

Once there was a man who had offended a great king. The king had the man dragged before him and declared that the man would be put to death. Upon hearing this, the man fell to his knees and begged, "Oh great king, please have mercy upon me, and in return within a year I will teach your favorite horse to sing!"

The king's court laughed at the man, and the king himself was doubtful, but the man implored him again, "Let me but live as a prisoner in your stable for one year, and you will see that at the end of that time your favorite horse will be able to sing!" And so he finally convinced the king to grant this mercy, that his execution would be delayed a year, and if indeed at the end of the year the horse could sing then the man would be freed.

The next day the man was in the stables trying to teach the king's horse to sing, but the horse seemed more interested in his oats and hay. The stablehands watching his efforts laughed at the man, and said, "What have you accomplished with your foolish promise? You are bound to fail, and at the end of the year the king will probably have you tortured before you are killed, for your mockery of him!"

The man shook his head and said, "I have already accomplished much! For one thing, I have delayed my execution at least a year, which is no small thing. And in that year, many things might happen! The king might have mercy and release me, or I might die from some other cause. The king himself might die, or perhaps be overthrown, and his successor might then release me."

The man then smiled, and said, "And who knows, perhaps in a year, the horse will have learned to sing!"
Let it burn.

Offline DiogenesLamp

« Reply #15 on: May 12, 2016, 01:47:56 pm »
The Constitution Party should be our natural vehicle for challenging the GOP-E from the right as a true Conservative party, but it has extremely weak leadership and organization and almost no funding.  Heck, it's National headquarters is in Lancaster, Pennsylvania, of all places, which makes no sense whatsoever.  With that said, the Constitution Party is ripe for some well-known national Conservative leader like Cruz to come in, get involved, raise its profile, and help build it up into a serious third party contender.

http://www.constitutionparty.com/

The thought occurs to me that perhaps the reason why the Constitution party is small and ill funded is because urging everyone to do the right thing probably offers too few opportunities for Graft.   I have come to realize that big monied donors want to buy influence,   and if they aren't getting any influence for their money,   they will go somewhere else.   

‘What all the wise men promised has not happened, and what all the damned fools said would happen has come to pass.’
— Lord Melbourne —