Author Topic: Trump’s Refusal to Release Tax Returns Is a Ticking Time Bomb for the GOP  (Read 993 times)

Offline thatcher

Trump’s Refusal to Release Tax Returns Is a Ticking Time Bomb for the GOP

When Donald Trump sits down with Speaker Paul Ryan and Majority Leader Mitch McConnell tomorrow, there is a pressing issue that they should put before their party’s presumptive presidential nominee. He told the Associated Press on Tuesday that he has no plans to release his tax returns before the November election. “There’s nothing to learn from them,” he said. Previously, he had claimed he would love to release the returns as soon as an IRS audit is completed.

This is Trump’s bait-and switch-style at its most dangerous. Some Trump delegates and their alternates should write him an open letter demanding his unredacted tax returns. If he declines, they should declare they will abstain on the first ballot of the convention, driving him below the number needed to nominate. The delegates should not give us a time bomb that could help take down GOP control of the House or the Senate, or both.

A friend of Donald Trump’s recently approached him to suggest that he will eventually have to release his tax returns, as every presidential nominee has for decades. The friend told Trump that he should do it before the GOP convention to ensure everyone can process what’s in the returns and help make any revelations “old news” by November. If Trump didn’t do that, he was warned, the odds of politicized leaks from his returns were high, citing several examples from the Obama era, including the illegal leaking of some of Romney’s tax information by the IRS in 2012.

“What will you do if the returns come out as part of an October surprise?” Trump was asked. Trump pondered the question and replied, “I’ll say they aren’t mine.” That stunning answer is the essence of Donald Trump. “It’s exactly what I’d expect him to say,” Fox Business’s Charlie Gasparino, who has known Trump for decades, told me.

Read more at: http://www.nationalreview.com/article/435254/donald-trumps-tax-returns-delegates-should-abstain-if-he-wont-release

Offline Mechanicos

Another 3 million dollar fronted Trump hit piece from the Presstitute Eric Erickson... Sorry Eric you can't help elect Hillary with this Nothing Burger.
Trump is for America First.
"Crooked Hillary Clinton is the Secretary of the Status Quo – and wherever Hillary Clinton goes, corruption and scandal follow." D. Trump 7/11/16

Did you know that the word ‘gullible’ is not in the dictionary?

Isaiah 54:17

Bill Cipher

So why hasn't he released them?  Are they more damning than Romney's returns were?  Probably. 

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Romney released his but to be fair, wasn't it after he won the nomination even? I think so.

But that doesn't matter to me in this case, it seemed that during the primaries and it may well not be true but it was insinuated that perhaps some construction projects were linked to shady outfits. I remember that.

Offline MACVSOG68

So why hasn't he released them?  Are they more damning than Romney's returns were?  Probably.

Reasonable question.  Even if one is totally invested in Trump, they have to understand he's not helping himself here.  One of the many issues nagging at Hillary is her involvement with the Clinton Foundation.  Potential dishonesty relating to money is hurting both candidates. 
It's the Supreme Court nominations!

Offline Mechanicos

This is one of the reason's why people do not respect $neverTrump's media arm. The massive SEC Financial papers filed with the FEC provide much more information than tax returns and are more regulated as to accuracy. So its nothing more than bad people manipulating otherwise smart people to think there is something here.

Fact is while its under audit is a bad time to claim those are his tax returns since Tax filings can and are likely to change and what would the corrupt Globalists running $neverTrump do when one number is different from the published one and the final one? Yep lie like this article does making up nothing to manipulate the ignorant.

"Crooked Hillary Clinton is the Secretary of the Status Quo – and wherever Hillary Clinton goes, corruption and scandal follow." D. Trump 7/11/16

Offline sinkspur

My suspicion his lack of transparency is due to one or both of these things:

1)  He doesn't have near the income he's led people to believe.

2)  He's deriving income from foreign sources, some of them very unsavory.

Trump has no shame, so I'm guessing it's number two. He knows that links to dictators or shady characters would sink him. 
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline RedHead

It means Trump can't argue that Clinton should release speech transcripts or emails since he isn't releasing his own information.

Offline RedHead

It means Trump can't argue that Clinton should release speech transcripts or emails since he isn't releasing his own information.

Probably the first.  Any financial source worth it's salt thinks that Trump's $10 billion net worth claim is completely bogus,

Offline MACVSOG68

This is one of the reason's why people do not respect $neverTrump's media arm. The massive SEC Financial papers filed with the FEC provide much more information than tax returns and are more regulated as to accuracy. So its nothing more than bad people manipulating otherwise smart people to think there is something here.

Fact is while its under audit is a bad time to claim those are his tax returns since Tax filings can and are likely to change and what would the corrupt Globalists running $neverTrump do when one number is different from the published one and the final one? Yep lie like this article does making up nothing to manipulate the ignorant.

Trump will always have something under audit just as Romney no doubt did.  Trump tried that when asked during a debate, and later the IRS said there was no problem releasing his returns.  Do you think his current financial situation is exactly the same as his earlier FEC filing?  It's just one more thing for him to explain as he tries to reconcile with the GOP.
It's the Supreme Court nominations!

Offline Mechanicos

Repeat Trump hit piece, it gained no traction during the primary the first 3 times it was tried and its not going anywhere now. Give it up $neverTrump its going nowhere, again.

Online libertybele

Romney released his but to be fair, wasn't it after he won the nomination even? I think so.

But that doesn't matter to me in this case, it seemed that during the primaries and it may well not be true but it was insinuated that perhaps some construction projects were linked to shady outfits. I remember that.

No.  Romney released his tax returns before the election was over as they wanted him to reveal his wealth.  I'm not so sure that Trump's tax return would be a bombshell and I'm not quite sure what a tax return would reveal other than income, losses, profits, charitable contributions and perhaps investments. I think the bigger bombshell would by the NY times releasing the audio recording/transcript of Trumps real stance on immigration.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.