Author Topic: The Michael Medved Show Thread.  (Read 1593 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
The Michael Medved Show Thread.
« on: May 11, 2016, 03:08:25 pm »
Medved is maligned by some; but having listened a bit, it is now striking me that there are different concepts of conservatism and I usually catch some of his shows.

He has raised his voice a few times recently, he is not always right of course.

First off, about last week, a caller was criticizing Rep. Paul Ryan for passing that budget deal; Medved raised his voice, said Ryan got a good deal and people did not understand the mechanics of the bill.  Medved also went on to say something like "morons" are saying it was a bad deal.

Then, yesterday, Rep. Paul Ryan was actually on the show and I caught a bit of that pertaining to the current kerfuffle with Trump. So, Medved seems to be going to bat for Ryan a bit.

Aside from that, Medved's history programs are good.

And he broke into his little story about Gettysburg, if people have not heard it, he seems to claim that in college, he and another friend or friends, camped there "illegally" on the battlefield, witnessed some images going through. Medved's story is that he and his friends were hitchhiking, did not have anywhere to go that night, so encamped on the battlefield. Medved claims his friend had the same experience. Up in the NorthWest, Medved may also believe Bigfoot is more than myth though, I'm not as clear about this.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Re: The Michael Medved Show Thread.
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2016, 10:22:15 pm »
Jewish pro-life activist Medved says children are ‘a gift, not a choice’

Many Jews, including some from Wisconsin, participated in the recent March for Women’s Lives in Washington, D.C., to show support for, among other things, the pro-choice position on abortion.

Indeed, many polls show that the U.S. Jewish community has one of the highest rates of support for the pro-choice position in the American population.

For example, according to a 2000 survey by “Jews and the American Public Square,” a project of the Baltimore-based Center for Jewish Community Studies, 88 percent of the Jewish public agreed that “Abortion should be generally available to those who want it,” as compared to 58 percent of the general public.

The same survey found that only ten percent of American Jews believe “Abortions should be more difficult to obtain than they are now,” compared to 41 percent of the general U.S. public.

Author, film critic, radio talk show host and Jewish conservative Michael Medved is one of the most visible and outspoken of that ten percent.

He came to Milwaukee last week to be featured speaker at the annual dinner held by Wisconsin Right to Life, attended by more than 650 people, according to WRL executive director Barbara Lyons.

Read More At: http://www.jewishchronicle.org/article.php?article_id=3308

I've heard Medved speak extensively on this, have written him as a Salem Broadcasting talk show host.  Maybe Levin's views and Prager's too, are similar.

Per Breitbart:
Debbie Wasserman Schultz Cannot Name a Reason for Jews to Back Obama Except Abortion

In an interview with Jewish Life Television (JLTV), Democratic National Committee chair Debbie Wasserman Schultz failed to provide a single reason for Jewish voters to support President Barack Obama other than abortion, which she cast as somehow intrinsic to the values of the Jewish community.

Continued: http://www.breitbart.com/national-security/2012/07/15/debbie-wasserman-schultz-cannot-name-a-reason-for-jews-to-back-obama-except-abortion/

How embarrassing, that was the only reason she could come up with!

So, I really like what Medved says in this area. You really do have a big pro-choice voting bloc. Too bad,  point is to just point that out and not just a voting bloc but support even beyond that, various politicians, staffing and so on. It is unbelievable that just mentioning this seems to be a reason of resentment.