Author Topic: Trump Says He Would like Speaker Ryan to Chair Republican Convention  (Read 628 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
http://www.newsmax.com/PrintTemplate.aspx/?nodeid=728188

Newsmax
Trump Says He Would like Speaker Ryan to Chair Republican Convention
Tuesday, May 10, 2016 08:31 PM

By: REUTERS

Donald Trump, the presumptive U.S. Republican presidential nominee, said on Tuesday he would like House of Representatives Speaker Paul Ryan to chair the party's July convention, Fox News Channel reported.

"He is a very good man. He wants what's good for the party and I think we're going to have very positive results. I'd love frankly for him to stay and be chairman," Trump said of Ryan in an interview with Fox, according to excerpts released by the television channel.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Mechanicos

Smart move
Trump is for America First.
"Crooked Hillary Clinton is the Secretary of the Status Quo – and wherever Hillary Clinton goes, corruption and scandal follow." D. Trump 7/11/16

Did you know that the word ‘gullible’ is not in the dictionary?

Isaiah 54:17

Offline MACVSOG68

Holy crap -- Can the Donald actually be learning that you catch more flies with honey than with vinegar?

And perhaps vice-versa too.
It's the Supreme Court nominations!

Offline MACVSOG68

Honestly, I didn't see anything Ryan said as remotely nasty.  Same with Rubio.  Both stated their positions clearly, but without any rancor.  Trump, on the other hand, doesn't seem to see the difference between respectful disagreement, and personal attacks.  Someone disagrees with him, or criticizes him in some respect, and he responds emotionally.

I'm hoping this may be the first sign that someone is starting to make that point to him, and he's listening.

A few, but not many can match Trump.  Still some have.  I'm not sure Ryan can make it happen, even if he and Trump can come together. 
It's the Supreme Court nominations!

Bill Cipher

Honestly, I didn't see anything Ryan said as remotely nasty.  Same with Rubio.  Both stated their positions clearly, but without any rancor.  Trump, on the other hand, doesn't seem to see the difference between respectful disagreement, and personal attacks.  Someone disagrees with him, or criticizes him in some respect, and he responds emotionally.

I'm hoping this may be the first sign that someone is starting to make that point to him, and he's listening.

I've got some gently used urban infrastructure in Brooklyn I can sell you, for a reasonable price. 

Offline LonestarDream

(?) Trump Realist    (*) Trump believer   (?) Never Trump,   Which are you ?

Offline LonestarDream

And perhaps vice-versa too.

The 16 versa have left the room...

;)
(?) Trump Realist    (*) Trump believer   (?) Never Trump,   Which are you ?

Wingnut

Heh -- you may be right.

But this is still an uncharacteristically smart move by The Donald.  So either he's smarter than he's led us to believe, or someone is giving him good advice.  I'll go with the latter....

Your Mother didn't raise no fool!  The jury on Don's Mom is still out.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
Heh -- you may be right.

But this is still an uncharacteristically smart move by The Donald.  So either he's smarter than he's led us to believe, or someone is giving him good advice.  I'll go with the latter....

It is an "uncharacteristic" election, wherein "uncharacteristically" an outsider defeated 16 entrenched opponents, mostly establishment politicians. Governors, Senators etc.

He has "uncharacteristically" defied polls, media pundits, experts of many stripes.

He has so far outdistanced expectations, that I question the qualifications of most of them, to explain the season.

Mounting delegates, polls showing close to a tie with Clinton, lead mindful politicos to prepare for life under a Trump Presidency, Ryan included.

He will be fully onboard, after their meeting, btw.

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln