Author Topic: Five Reasons Ted Cruz Fans Should Support Donald Trump  (Read 4238 times)

Offline oldmomster

Re: Five Reasons Ted Cruz Fans Should Support Donald Trump
« Reply #50 on: May 11, 2016, 04:47:44 pm »

That's a very important reason!   :patriot:

Right you are...and it's one I'm willing to go with.

Offline RetBobbyMI

« Reply #51 on: May 11, 2016, 04:48:22 pm »
I find it funny that before the primaries everyone on the right claims the GOPe and the Republican Party were losers and abandoned them.  Then when Trump entered the race and will presumptively win the GOP nod, now the Trumpeters want everyone to rally around the GOP nominee!  Quite a reversal!

GOP bad before, but good now?  I jus don't understand the logic.  Unless because the GOP moved to the left?  So much for conservative values.  Maybe the NY values thing is more palatable to some.
"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid."  -- John Wayne
"Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish.� ? Euripides, The Bacchae
"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.� ? Laurence J. Peter, The Peter Principle
"A stupid man's report of what a clever man says can never be accurate, because he unconsciously translates what he hears into something he can understand.� ? Bertrand Russell, A History of Western Philosophy

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
« Reply #52 on: May 11, 2016, 04:53:27 pm »
Never Trump = Hillary 2016.

Fixed it for ya.

#don'tvote2016
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Bill Cipher

« Reply #53 on: May 11, 2016, 05:05:46 pm »

Fixed it for ya.

#don'tvote2016

Exactly. 

Offline Machiavelli

• Curmudgeon
  • Realist
« Reply #54 on: May 11, 2016, 05:58:09 pm »
1) You had me at “Hillary.”
With Hillary, we know what we're going to get -- a lying Leftist who will expand on Obama's Leftist policies and make Leftist appointments. In other words, she'll screw the country.

With Trump, we don't know what we're going to get. He might do the right thing or he might do the wrong thing.

2) If Trump wins, the Establishment loses.
Oh, please. Trump is the establishment. He's a crony capitalist.

3) A Trump Presidency would be the Best Antidote for Political Correctness.
If making third grade insults is anti-PC, you can count me out.

4) Trump takes the border and the Jihadi threat seriously.
And nobody else does. Yeah. Sure.

5) Trump gives us at least a chance of preserving the Supreme Court and thereby the Constitution.
Maybe. Maybe not.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2016, 06:02:08 pm by Machiavelli »

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #55 on: May 11, 2016, 06:11:53 pm »

BS.

Failing to vote for Trump is not a vote for Hillary. It is not even a statement that Hillary would be a better president than Trump.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline libertybele

« Reply #56 on: May 11, 2016, 07:09:16 pm »
As an alternative to Trump the Liberal or Hillary the Liberal, why not Darrell Castle of the Constitution Party? He represents more traditional constitutional values, that where at one time valued by the GOP. Since the GOP has abandoned its foundation in favor of a liberal New Yorker, a liberal Massechusite, and a wacko bird from Arizona, it's time for real chance. No chance you say? Only if you insist on voting for establishment endorsed candidates. If 45 to 50 percent of the electorate (from both current parties and independents) banded together, the constitutionalists would have the perfect opportunity. Let the Dems and Repubs fight over their 50%.

I think the Constitution Party is great.  However, so far it doesn't appear that they will be able to make it on to the ballot in all 50 states ... it's May and they have quite a few more states to go.  It takes time and money. I am in no means discouraging you.  I've been watching their website periodically to see how many more states they've qualified in.  My mind however, is pretty much made up.  I intend to write-in Cruz for president.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #57 on: May 11, 2016, 07:17:25 pm »
I like the Constitution Party except that they do not support an Article V Convention of States.  But that can be overlooked in a Presidential candidate all things considered.  It is the states that need to act to rein in federal power.  Ultimately I would like to see them change their minds on that issue.

If the Constitution party were to qualify on all 50 states and Castle became President it would be absolutely wonderful. Regardless if the Constitution Party supports a Convention of States ... it's not up to the party anyways.  Secondly, with the Constitution party seated in the White House there would be very little need for a Convention of States.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline RetBobbyMI

« Reply #58 on: May 11, 2016, 10:01:50 pm »
If the Constitution party were to qualify on all 50 states and Castle became President it would be absolutely wonderful. Regardless if the Constitution Party supports a Convention of States ... it's not up to the party anyways.  Secondly, with the Constitution party seated in the White House there would be very little need for a Convention of States.
Now is the time to get them help to raise up their popularity. They may not win in this election, but people follow.
"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.� ? Laurence J. Peter, The Peter Principle
"A stupid man's report of what a clever man says can never be accurate, because he unconsciously translates what he hears into something he can understand.� ? Bertrand Russell, A History of Western Philosophy

Offline Relic

« Reply #59 on: May 12, 2016, 01:37:31 pm »
I find it funny that before the primaries everyone on the right claims the GOPe and the Republican Party were losers and abandoned them.  Then when Trump entered the race and will presumptively win the GOP nod, now the Trumpeters want everyone to rally around the GOP nominee!  Quite a reversal!

GOP bad before, but good now?  I jus don't understand the logic.  Unless because the GOP moved to the left?  So much for conservative values.  Maybe the NY values thing is more palatable to some.

I don't know what's so difficult. The role reversal is complete. Remember when the GOP moderates told everyone to rally around Dole, Bush, McCain, and Romney? You know, the old, we have to win first before we can accomplish anything? We know the candidate is flawed but we have to stop the Democrats?

Now it's: Trump is bad, so bad, we may vote Hillary. Trump is not a conservative! (Sound familiar?)

It's a complete role reversal.

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #60 on: May 12, 2016, 06:20:42 pm »
I don't know what's so difficult. The role reversal is complete. Remember when the GOP moderates told everyone to rally around Dole, Bush, McCain, and Romney? You know, the old, we have to win first before we can accomplish anything? We know the candidate is flawed but we have to stop the Democrats?

Now it's: Trump is bad, so bad, we may vote Hillary. Trump is not a conservative! (Sound familiar?)

Speaking for myself,  I'm NeverTrump not because of his lack of "conservatism".    I was certainly in the camp that urged GOP unity in the face of Romney's and McCain's flawed candidacies.  Solidarity is a good thing.

The problems with Trump are with Trump the man.   He's dangerous and temperamentally unfit to be President.  If this were a dispute about ideology I'd defer to the will of the majority.   But Trump's a would-be strongman who cannot be trusted to govern Constitutionally.   
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Oceander

« Reply #61 on: May 12, 2016, 06:22:23 pm »

Refusing to vote for a liberal like Trump is not the same thing as voting for Hillary. 

Online Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #62 on: May 12, 2016, 06:35:19 pm »
Conservatism is about ideas, not the cult of celebrity.

Really?  Reading the posts from conservatives here it's pretty clear that conservatism is about the absence of ideas and the cult of petulant tantrums.

Offline cato potatoe

« Reply #63 on: May 12, 2016, 06:59:34 pm »
The problems with Trump are with Trump the man.   He's dangerous and temperamentally unfit to be President.  If this were a dispute about ideology I'd defer to the will of the majority.   But Trump's a would-be strongman who cannot be trusted to govern Constitutionally.

Exactly right, and that's why the media are harassing Republican dissidents this week.  They know trump is a nutjob, and they want every Republican on the trump train when the track ends.

Offline Relic

« Reply #64 on: May 12, 2016, 07:02:01 pm »
Refusing to vote for a liberal like Trump is not the same thing as voting for Hillary.

If I walk past someone who is seizing on the sidewalk, and I don't call 911, I didn't kill him.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #65 on: May 12, 2016, 07:04:24 pm »
Really?  Reading the posts from conservatives here it's pretty clear that conservatism is about the absence of ideas and the cult of petulant tantrums.

If that's the case then why do the Trump supporters here refuse to give anything close to an answer about where Trump stands on Constitutional and policy issues?

We've asked the questions...we just get tired of the duck dodge and weave from the Trump crowd.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline RetBobbyMI

« Reply #66 on: May 12, 2016, 09:14:42 pm »
Greg Gutfeld had a great line on The Five tonight. For 4 years now we've been hammering the GOP about RINOs and now we're bending over backwards for one, in reference to Trump.