Author Topic: 40 Percent of Sanders Voters Say They’ll Support Trump Over Hillary  (Read 2345 times)

Offline Frank Cannon

http://www.redstate.com/joesquire/2016/05/10/40-percent-sanders-voters-say-theyll-support-trump-hillary/

Bernie Sanders had a terrific night, winning primaries and generally making it look like he has a chance to win. Really, we know it’s in the cards for him to lose, but Hillary Clinton deserves as much embarrassment as humanly possible, so I find myself rooting for Sanders here.

The weird news is what some exit polling data is suggesting… and by weird, I mean awesome.

In November, Donald Trump would be the choice of 44 percent of West Virginia Democratic primary voters who supported Bernie Sanders Tuesday, CBS News early exit polling found.

But support for Trump in the general election is largely driven by independents who were allowed to vote in West Virginia’s Democratic primary. More than half would back Trump against either Hillary Clinton or Sanders.

Thirty-six percent of the Democratic primary voters are independents, compared to just 18 percent in 2008.

Now, when I say “awesome,” I don’t mean for Republicans. Because we nominated Trump, and that’s absolutely terrible. However, if you think the Republican Party is messed up, there is a segment of the Democratic base that would prefer Donald Trump over Hillary Clinton. Don’t try to understand this data – it makes no sense and you’re likely to rupture something.

Still, we can take small bits of comfort like this and rest just a little bit easier, knowing that the rest of the political spectrum is just as screwed up as we apparently are.

This whole sideshow may be meaningless, but damn is it funny sometimes.

geronl

commies like Trump

Bill Cipher

In other words, Trump is a flaming liberal.

Offline montanajoe

This is why I've been saying that Trump should pick Sanders for VP if he is series about winning. He's not ever going to get us NeverTrump's on board so this is probably his only way to win. If winning is everything it would make sense
« Last Edit: May 11, 2016, 03:51:14 am by montanajoe »

Offline Paladin

In other words, Trump is a flaming liberal.

How interesting. I interpreted it to mean you anti-Trumpsters are pathetic and desperate.
Members of the anti-Trump cabal: Now that Mr Trump has sewn up the nomination, I want you to know I feel your pain.

Offline Frank Cannon

How interesting. I interpreted it to mean you anti-Trumpsters are pathetic and desperate.

Desperate for what? You sound like you're bleeding out of somewhere with odd comments like that.

geronl

Desperate for what? You sound like you're bleeding out of somewhere with odd comments like that.

Good question. I don't have a candidate or a party. I am very objectively hating the guts of both major party candidates. I am also calm, cool and collected. I'm not going to get worked up about this pathetic election.

Offline Hoodat

Let's review, shall we?  You are so impetuous to win the White House that you are backing a Democrat who decided to put an 'R' after his name.  Yet we are the desperate and pathetic ones?  Please.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Wingnut

Good question. I don't have a candidate or a party. I am very objectively hating the guts of both major party candidates. I am also calm, cool and collected. I'm not going to get worked up about this pathetic election.

It is nice not to have dog in the hunt. 

Offline Frank Cannon

I'm with you. Breed hate. Who the hell cares which one of these losers win the election. We're all going to the same terrible destination either way. I just choose not to buy into the idiocy of backing one of them because the other is worse. They're both terrible.

Offline Paladin

"bleeding out of somewhere"? What a remarkably inane comment. Is this yet another of your made up quotes perhaps?
Members of the anti-Trump cabal: Now that Mr Trump has sewn up the nomination, I want you to know I feel your pain.

Offline massadvj

• Editorial Advisor
It makes sense when you think about it.  How many times have we heard the rationale for Trump: I Just want someone to blow up the system.  Well, the same can be said for Sanders.  If you don‘t care precisely how the system is to be blown up, then you can support either one.

Theoretically, this is why most of us have an ideology to begin with.  It allows us to discern the authentic man from the charlatan.  Unfortunately, most Americans do not have a political ideology except that imbued by pop culture.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2016, 02:39:50 pm by massadvj »

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
"bleeding out of somewhere"? What a remarkably inane comment. Is this yet another of your made up quotes perhaps?
"Bleeding out of her whatever" was something Donald Trump said, remember?
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline Henry Noel

Trump could very well win against Hillary, if he really wants to. Which is to say, if he's not in the race simply to throw it to her. The fact that he's trying to so hard to fragment the Republican vote tells me he is.
Gee, it feels great to be a gangster!

Offline wolfcreek

Wonder if these folks are considered in the recent poll results?

Many people really hate Hillary and despite what some believe around here, that's a good thing.

Offline wolfcreek

Trump could very well win against Hillary, if he really wants to. Which is to say, if he's not in the race simply to throw it to her. The fact that he's trying to so hard to fragment the Republican vote tells me he is.

How much of the division in the GOP do you attribute to the GOP voters themselves?

Supposedly, we all despise Hillary, we all think the GOPe is not representing us and we all see the direction this country is headed.

What causes the division?

Wingnut

Trump made a fool of himself when he went on the rag about menstruation, claiming there was blood coming out of Megyn Kelly's "whatever" when she asked him difficult questions during the first debate.

But you know that.

Offline wolfcreek

Trump made a fool of himself when he went on the rag about menstruation, claiming there was blood coming out of Megyn Kelly's "whatever" when she asked him difficult questions during the first debate.

But you know that.

She accused him of misogyny.

Since those comments they have mending fences.

Wingnut

She accused him of misogyny.

Since those comments they have mending fences.

Misogyny? Really.  Where would she ever get the idea He was misogynistic?  Well, from Donalds own foul mouth.
Some of his greatest hits"
According to The Donald, it is a very "pretty picture" to see women drop to their knees to beg men for favors.
Trump told Brande Roderick, a contestant on The Apprentice: "It must be a pretty picture, you dropping to your knees." 
"My favorite part of Pulp Fiction is when Sam has his gun out in the diner and he tells the guy to tell his girlfriend to shut up. Tell that bitch to be cool. Say: 'Bitch be cool.' I love those lines."
"Women: You have to treat 'em like shit!"
Trump told Howard Stern that he believed there was something "sick" about women that caused them to be attracted to men who treat them poorly [like shit].
"I think Gloria [Allred] would be very very impressed with [my penis]!"
"You know, it doesn't really matter what [the media] write as long as you've got a young and beautiful piece of ass."
"Oftentimes when I was sleeping with one of the top women in the world I would say to myself, thinking about me as a boy from Queens, 'Can you believe what I am getting?'"
He spoke often of Princess Diana, saying he would have bedded her "without hesitation" because “She had the height, she had the beauty, she had the skin. She was crazy, but these are minor details.”
“Why do people think it’s egotistical of you to say you could’ve gotten with Lady Di?” Howard Stern asked. “You could’ve gotten her, right? You could’ve nailed her.” Trump agreed: “I think I could have.”
Eva Longoria? “She’s really cute, I have to tell you, she’s really bouncy, really cute,” Trump told Howard Stern in 2005. “She’s about 5-foot-1. Do you like girls that are 5-foot-1? They come up to you know where.”
“She’s got beautiful skin,” Trump added. “You have to get started, you have to like short girls. She’s very, very short. You know, she goes out with a basketball player, which is interesting but she’s very short.”

Donald Trump's Big Breast Fetish

"A person who is very flat-chested is very hard to be a 10," Trump told Howard Stern. 
Trump told Howard Stern that he thinks “anyone is insane” who reduces the size of their breasts.
Trump said of Carmen Electra: “The boob job is terrible—they look like two light posts coming out of a body.”
Trump reportedly said of his ex-wife Marla Maples, “Nice tits, no brains.” 
Trump has mentioned wanting to date his daughter Ivanka, who has obviously had a major boob job, a number of times: “[Ivanka] does have a very nice figure. I’ve said if Ivanka weren’t my daughter, perhaps I’d be dating her.”
Speaking of his daughter Ivanka again: “Yeah, she’s really something, and what a beauty, that one. If I weren’t happily married and, ya know, her father . . . ”
Asked by Howard Stern to name the "three hottest chicks you're seen," Trump named Keira Knightley, Paris Hilton, and his daughter Ivanka. He also noted that he had watched Hilton's sex video.
Howard Stern asked Trump if he would still love Melania if she were disfigured in an accident. Trump asked, "How do the breasts look?" Assured that her breasts were fine, Trump said he would "stay with her 100 percent."
During the same interview Trump said he wouldn't take care of any kids Melania had; he'd just pay for them.
Trump's big breast fetish extends even to his infant daughter Tiffany: "Well, I think that she’s got a lot of Marla, she’s a really beautiful baby, and she’s got Marla’s legs. We don’t know whether she’s got this part yet [gestures toward his chest, making large breast-like circles with his hands], but time will tell."

Offline Relic

I've suspected that from the beginning. I still don't see anything that would contradict that view.

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
It makes sense when you think about it.  How many times have we heard the rationale fot Trump: I Just want someone to blow up the system.  Well, the same can be said for Sanders.  If you don‘t care precisely how the system is to be blown up, then you can support either one.

Theoretically, this is why most of us have an ideology to begin with.  It allows us to discern the authentic man from the charlatan.  Unfortunately, mosyt Americans do not have a political ideology except that imbued by pop culture.

Well said.
Principles matter. Words matter.

Online Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
My brother went from Sanders to Trump. He never votes apparently.  :shrug:

I"m a little comforted knowing Trump may choose Newt, as Newt is a solid conservative. Trump still need to do work, including improving his speeches.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
Hillary = Obama
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline MBB1984

commies like Trump

Actually, no they hate him and they protest him frequently and violently.