Author Topic: Saudi Arabia ousts longtime oil minister  (Read 1246 times)

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Saudi Arabia ousts longtime oil minister
« on: May 11, 2016, 12:56:34 am »

http://www.pennenergy.com/articles/pennenergy/2016/05/saudi-arabia-ousts-longtime-oil-minister.html?cmpid=EnlDailyPetroMay102016&eid=290980193&bid=1399855

May 9, 2016

Aya Batrawy, Associated Press

DUBAI, United Arab Emirates (AP) — Saudi Arabia on Saturday announced the ouster of its longtime oil minister as part of a larger ongoing government shakeup.

A royal decree announced that Ali al-Naimi has been replaced by former Health Minister and Saudi Aramco board chairman Khaled al-Falih.

Al-Naimi has long been a pillar of Saudi oil policy, leading the Ministry of Petroleum and Mineral Resources since 1995. Prior to that role he'd served as the president of oil giant Aramco.

Under a new Saudi leadership led by King Salman, the king's son Deputy Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman has largely been overseeing Saudi economic policy along with a handful of new ministers. The changes announced Saturday come as the government plans wide-ranging reforms aimed at overhauling the Saudi economy amid lower oil prices that have eroded state revenues.

More at: http://www.pennenergy.com/articles/pennenergy/2016/05/saudi-arabia-ousts-longtime-oil-minister.html?cmpid=EnlDailyPetroMay102016&eid=290980193&bid=1399855
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline montanajoe

Re: Saudi Arabia ousts longtime oil minister
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2016, 01:15:07 am »
Is this the guy who said a few days ago that the Saudi's could live with low oil prices?

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2016, 01:19:34 am »
Did quite a bit of work for Al-Naim years ago when he was the head man at ARAMCO.  Liked him a lot! Smart as a whip but probably getting a little long in the tooth now just like me.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2016, 01:44:31 am »
Did quite a bit of work for Al-Naim years ago when he was the head man at ARAMCO.  Liked him a lot! Smart as a whip but probably getting a little long in the tooth now just like me.

One of those geologists who made it to the top.

A scientist being replaced by an Aggie Engineer will be quite different...........
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington