Author Topic: WSJ: Could Donald Trump Implode? (Trying to purge GOP doubters might doom his candidacy)  (Read 3695 times)

geronl

http://www.wsj.com/articles/could-donald-trump-implode-1462744974

excerpt:
The week that Donald Trump all but wrapped up the Republican nomination for President should have been a time of reaching out to adversaries and trying to repair his party’s breach. Instead the New Yorker has launched what appears to be an attempt to purge anyone who won’t immediately sign onto what he calls “the Trump train.”

Mr. Trump’s threats against GOP doubters escalated over the weekend, especially against House Speaker Paul Ryan for saying on Thursday he wasn’t yet ready to endorse the businessman. The two men are set to meet in Washington on Thursday. But in the meantime Mr. Trump is resorting to political threats to force Mr. Ryan to bend to his will.

On Sunday on NBC’s “Meet the Press” Mr. Trump suggested he might try to strip the Speaker of his role as chairman of the GOP convention in Cleveland in July unless Mr. Ryan endorses him. “I will give you a very solid answer, if that happens, about one minute after that happens, OK?” Mr. Trump said. “But there’s no reason to give it right now, but I’ll be very quick with the answer.”

excerpted..

Sort of reminds me of a certain website...

Offline BigHomer

• D'oh!
  • Homer no function beer well without
    • Not My Circus
http://www.wsj.com/articles/could-donald-trump-implode-1462744974

excerpt:
excerpted..

Sort of reminds me of a certain website...

The small-handed presumptive narcissist-in-chief is imploding well enough on his own
"We must, indeed, all hang together or, most assuredly, we shall all hang separately." ~ Benjamin Franklin

Offline Mechanicos

NBCwsj #alwaysHillary Agitprop is telling you what to think.
Trump is for America First.
"Crooked Hillary Clinton is the Secretary of the Status Quo – and wherever Hillary Clinton goes, corruption and scandal follow." D. Trump 7/11/16

Did you know that the word ‘gullible’ is not in the dictionary?

Isaiah 54:17

Online jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
Nice try, but NBC doesn't own the Journal.

Rupert Murdoch does.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline Mechanicos

Nice try, but NBC doesn't own the Journal.

Rupert Murdoch does.
Uh huh, Mr co-owner of the largest Open Borders Lobbyist Org in DC is an Owner, Ever see their joint polls? That did not help the GOPe/Democrat $neverTrump propaganda sale.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2016, 12:09:44 am by Mechanicos »
"Crooked Hillary Clinton is the Secretary of the Status Quo – and wherever Hillary Clinton goes, corruption and scandal follow." D. Trump 7/11/16

Offline Frank Cannon

Your as out of touch with reality as it gets. You should peel the tinfoil off the inside of your windows and look out at the world sometime....

Former Wall St Journal owners: 'We wouldn't have sold if we had known'

http://www.theguardian.com/media/2011/jul/13/wall-st-journal-murdoch-bancroft

NBC has nothing to do with the paper. Never had.

Online jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
Uh huh, Mr co-owner of the largest Open Borders Lobbyist Org in DC is an Owner, Ever see their joint polls? That did not help the GOPe/Democrat $neverTrump propaganda sale.
The same Murdoch that owns Fox News Channel, probably the most Trump-friendly news outlet in America.

Offline Mechanicos

Your as out of touch with reality as it gets. You should peel the tinfoil off the inside of your windows and look out at the world sometime....

Former Wall St Journal owners: 'We wouldn't have sold if we had known'

http://www.theguardian.com/media/2011/jul/13/wall-st-journal-murdoch-bancroft

NBC has nothing to do with the paper. Never had.
Do you deny its Presstitute Agitprop for the Democrat/establishment $neverTrump?

Offline Frank Cannon

Do you deny its Presstitute Agitprop for the Democrat/establishment $neverTrump?

Only if you admit that you have no idea what you are talking about on this issue.

Offline Fantom

Nah, Trump will do fine. He'll just get Sanders voters to replace the Conservative voters he will lose.
Those who profess to favor freedom, and yet deprecate agitation, are men who want crops without plowing up the ground, they want rain without thunder and lightning, they want the ocean without the awful roar of its many waters.

Frederick Douglass

Offline Mechanicos

Only if you admit that you have no idea what you are talking about on this issue.
Obviously I do know what I am talking about seeing as how I was onto the fraud of Bush's Lawyer before you even had a clue.

Offline Frank Cannon

Obviously I do know what I am talking about seeing as how I was onto the fraud of Bush's Lawyer before you even had a clue.

Is that you Alex Jones?

A-Lert

I hope he implodes.  He is unfit to serve as President.

:boring:

Offline LonestarDream

Here in New York, Republicans who do good outreach end up on the Conservative party ticket AS WELL AS the Republican party ticket.

Trump getting on the Conservative Party ticket here would do a lot to earn my vote.

May just vote for the Conservative Party candidate here, whoever that ends up being....

@Bruce Campbells Chin
@WAC
@Frank Cannon
@oldmomster

Is that you Alex Jones?

« Last Edit: May 11, 2016, 01:14:26 am by LonestarDream »
(?) Trump Realist    (*) Trump believer   (?) Never Trump,   Which are you ?

Online jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
Here in New York, Republicans who do good outreach end up on the Conservative party ticket AS WELL AS the Republican party ticket.

Trump getting on the Conservative Party ticket here would do a lot to earn my vote.

May just vote for the Conservative Party candidate here, whoever that ends up being....

@Bruce Campbells Chin
@WAC
@Frank Cannon
@oldmomster
The Mike Long Party will probably cave for Trump, sadly. As much as it pains me to say it, unless a major third-party candidate gains traction, he's going to cross-endorse like usual.

Bill Cipher

Well, we've had eight years of liberal stupidity, so now we'll get at least four more, either Trump style or Clinton style.  Might as well stock up on the political and economic KY.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Offline Fantom

:thumbsup:
Those who profess to favor freedom, and yet deprecate agitation, are men who want crops without plowing up the ground, they want rain without thunder and lightning, they want the ocean without the awful roar of its many waters.

Frederick Douglass

Offline LonestarDream

Well that is something.

The same Murdoch that owns Fox News Channel, probably the most Trump-friendly news outlet in America.
(?) Trump Realist    (*) Trump believer   (?) Never Trump,   Which are you ?

Offline Mechanicos

Trump is on target to get the most votes ever in US Primaries. History in the making.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

#NeverTrump

For you.  But there seems to be a rather large majority that disagrees.   888blackhat

Offline Mechanicos

CNN says DJT HAS 1119 delegates! Does this mean Cruz is announcing his transition team? :silly:

Offline libertybele

Nah, Trump will do fine. He'll just get Sanders voters to replace the Conservative voters he will lose.

....hmm...I'll raise you one.  I'll bet you Trump sees Sanders as a potential running mate.  (It's all about winning, you know).
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Frank Cannon

Oooohhhhh. Exit polls. Not a better instrument for truth has ever been invented.....