Author Topic: Trump swipes at Rubio for VP comments  (Read 1254 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Trump swipes at Rubio for VP comments
« on: May 10, 2016, 05:16:24 pm »
http://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box/presidential-races/279345-trump-swipes-at-rubio-for-ruling-out-vp-slot

May 10, 2016, 11:19 am
Trump swipes at Rubio for VP comments

By Mark Hensch

Donald Trump on Tuesday slammed Republicans who have ruled out being his running mate in an apparent swipe at Sen. Marco Rubio (R-Fla.).

“It is only the people that were never asked to be VP that tell the press that they will not take the position,” he tweeted.

Donald J. Trump

‎@realDonaldTrump

It is only the people that were never asked to be VP that tell the press that they will not take the position.
9:03 AM - 10 May 2016

Rubio, who ended his own bid for president in March, said Monday he has no interest in being Trump's vice president.

“While Republican voters have chosen Donald Trump as the presumptive GOP nominee, my previously stated reservations and concerns with many of his policies remain unchanged,” Rubio said.

“He will be best served by a running mate and by surrogates who fully embrace his campaign,” he added. "As such, I have never sought, will not seek and do not want to be considered for vice president. Instead, I will focus my attention on representing the people of Florida, retaining a conservative majority in the Senate and electing principled conservatives across the country.”

Trump said last week he was open to Rubio becoming his running mate despite their bitter feud during the GOP primary.

“Marco’s a good guy, a really nice guy, and I like him,” Trump said. "But not necessarily with respect to any position, but it could happen.”

Reports emerged on Tuesday that Corey Lewandowski, Trump’s campaign manager, will lead the billionaire’s search for a running mate.

Former candidate Ben Carson is also serving on Trump’s search committee.

Carson said last week that he is not interested in the role, saying his presence would hinder Trump’s campaign.

“I’m not interested in doing that for a number of reasons,” Carson said. "I don’t want to be a distraction. I’m sure you remember how crazy the media was about me. It’s too important a time in our life."
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline BuckeyeTexan

Re: Trump swipes at Rubio for VP comments
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2016, 05:19:08 pm »
The insults are tiresome.
There are those that break and bend. I'm the other kind. ~Steve Earle

Offline LonestarDream

« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2016, 05:41:12 pm »
The insults are tiresome.

Very.  Even Carson wont touch the VP slot, because of the media 'attention'. This is a reference to the pathological incident, imo.
(?) Trump Realist    (*) Trump believer   (?) Never Trump,   Which are you ?

Offline libertybele

« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2016, 06:56:03 pm »
The only three who he has considered that I feel would be willing to be his VP are the jelly-doughnut boy from New Jersey, the demented windmill from Ohio and Caribou Barbie from AK; neither of them will help him win.

Not only does Trump desperately need the female vote, he needs the Hispanic vote as well.  Susana Martinez has declined.   Nikki Haley has declined.  Rubio has declined and I don't see Cruz accepting nor would Trump humble himself in asking.

Trump sunk his own ship and along with it the country.

#NeverTrump   Don't blame me, I support Cruz.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline MBB1984

« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2016, 07:13:29 pm »
The only three who he has considered that I feel would be willing to be his VP are the jelly-doughnut boy from New Jersey, the demented windmill from Ohio and Caribou Barbie from AK; neither of them will help him win.

Not only does Trump desperately need the female vote, he needs the Hispanic vote as well.  Susana Martinez has declined.   Nikki Haley has declined.  Rubio has declined and I don't see Cruz accepting nor would Trump humble himself in asking.

It highly doubtful that Martinez, Haley or Rubio have been asked even in an indirect manner.    Rubio will be out of a job soon, so he would probably leap at the opportunity if actually asked.

A-Lert

« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2016, 08:00:37 pm »
Very.  Even Carson wont touch the VP slot, because of the media 'attention'. This is a reference to the pathological incident, imo.

Why would a man Carson's age want to serve as VP?

A-Lert

« Reply #6 on: May 10, 2016, 08:03:27 pm »

It is apparent that you believe Hispanics will only support or vote for another Hispanic.

Offline Mechanicos

« Reply #7 on: May 10, 2016, 08:10:48 pm »
Rick Perry has made it clear he'd be willing to do that.  As long as he keeps his glasses on, Trump likely would consider him as well.

Rubio's statement was pretty classy.  He referred only obliquely to disagreements, and said Trump would be better served by someone else.  The insults from Trump in return are just more evidence of why he's beneath the office he seeks.

In order to effect what Trump has campaigned on hes going to have to gore a few people's ox. So he knows that they will be looking to remove him. A VP that the Establishment wants as President would ensure they would try to remove him. So whoever it is will not be an inducement for the Establishment to replace Trump as president. 
Trump is for America First.
"Crooked Hillary Clinton is the Secretary of the Status Quo – and wherever Hillary Clinton goes, corruption and scandal follow." D. Trump 7/11/16

Did you know that the word ‘gullible’ is not in the dictionary?

Isaiah 54:17