Author Topic: EPA Administrator: ‘We Rock’ at Writing Rules  (Read 774 times)

rangerrebew

EPA Administrator: ‘We Rock’ at Writing Rules
« on: May 09, 2016, 10:12:08 pm »

EPA Administrator: ‘We Rock’ at Writing Rules

(CNSNews.com) – The administrator of the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) said on Friday that the agency is very good atmaking rules [1] requiring individuals, businesses and state and local governments to comply with laws related to “protecting” the environment.

“If anybody knows anything about EPA and writing rules – we rock at it,” Gina McCarthy said at the Climate Action 2016 summit held last week in Washington, D.C.

McCarthy said the rules the agency puts forth are legal and based on “sound science.”

She also called the U.S. Supreme Court’s decision [2] to stop the implementation of the Clean Power Plan to allow lawsuits by states and the energy sector to play out in the courts only “a pause” in the EPA’s efforts to strictly regulate greenhouse gas emissions.

“While there is a pause, there’s no pause in the action in the United States towards renewable energy and energy efficiency,” McCarthy said. “We are going in exactly the direction our rule demanded and we’re doing it because the market’s demanding it.

“We could not be in better shape then we are today,” McCarthy said.

McCarthy also said her agency is moving forward on the Clean Energy Incentive Program – part of the Clean Power Plan [3] -- to encourage investment in wind and solar energy.

McCarthy told engineer and entertainer Bill Nye, who interviewed McCarthy, that she had no doubt that the United States would “live up” to its obligation under the United Nation’s climate change agreement the Obama administration signed onto in December in Paris.
Source URL: http://cnsnews.com/news/article/penny-starr/epa-administrator-we-rock-writing-rules

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Re: EPA Administrator: ‘We Rock’ at Writing Rules
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2016, 05:40:09 am »
Can there be any doubt, that if America is EVER going to be great again, this agency has to go.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2016, 09:56:53 am »
Rocking at writing rules is a bug, not a feature.

But hey, any society needs rules right? It's actually part of being a member of society. So being good at writing rules surely must be an asset!

I'd prefer - should the agency need to exist at all - that rather than being good at writing rules, they were writing good rules.

The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Online mountaineer

« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2016, 03:48:14 pm »
“If anybody knows anything about EPA and writing rules – we rock at it,” Gina McCarthy said at the Climate Action 2016 summit held last week in Washington, D.C.
I do wish this woman would take her talents someplace where they would be so much more appreciated - like North Korea.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

rangerrebew

« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2016, 05:47:37 pm »
Mssssssss. McCarthy withheld the most important fact, they are best at USELESS RULES! :dropjaw:
« Last Edit: May 10, 2016, 05:47:59 pm by rangerrebew »

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2016, 05:50:51 pm »
Mssssssss. McCarthy withheld the most important fact, they are best at USELESS RULES! :dropjaw:

They aren't useless.  They are doing a very very good job of expanding federal powers of un-elected and un-accountable bureaucrats.
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

rangerrebew

« Reply #6 on: May 10, 2016, 06:08:09 pm »
They aren't useless.  They are doing a very very good job of expanding federal powers of un-elected and un-accountable bureaucrats.

I humbly stand corrected. 8888crybaby  By the way, welcome to the Briefing Room. :patriot:  Its always nice to see a new screen name and to get new slants on the topics. 034 We look forward to many more posts. 10294

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #7 on: May 10, 2016, 06:51:42 pm »
Sociopaths are very proud of their accomplishments.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #8 on: May 11, 2016, 12:08:53 am »
Not just that, they have targeted specific industries and individuals and pretty much wiped them out. Others have been more resilient to direct attack, but the diabolical minds at the EPA are working late at night to find a way. (No Keystone XL pipeline, attacking hydraulic fracturing, attacking the rail cars the oil was shipped in (although there was a campaign against the cargo), now, going after methane emissions...they are on a mission from "Gaia" or something over there.

Some day, someone will find the line item in the budget over there that authorized the Georgia Guidestones. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Georgia_Guidestones
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #9 on: May 11, 2016, 01:57:47 am »
OK, folks, I want to hear from you.

How will a president Trump put the brakes on the EPA?

Of course, the agency can't be abolished except by Congressional action, but what could the Chief Executive do on his own to hamstring it?

I know what I would do.

But what would YOU do...?