Author Topic: Cruz will return to Senate Tuesday  (Read 550 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Cruz will return to Senate Tuesday
« on: May 09, 2016, 07:26:26 pm »
http://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box/presidential-races/279228-cruz-to-return-to-senate-tuesday

May 09, 2016, 02:04 pm
Cruz will return to Senate Tuesday

By Jordain Carney

Sen. Ted Cruz (R-Texas) plans to return to the Senate on Tuesday, approximately a week after he ended his presidential bid.
Phil Novack, a spokesman for Cruz, confirmed that the senator is scheduled to make his return to the upper chamber early this week.

That means he will miss a procedural vote Monday evening on an appropriations bill Democrats have been blocking. Cruz took his last roll call vote in February, on a measure imposing new sanctions against North Korea.

Cruz dropped out of the presidential race last Tuesday after losing the Indiana primary to Donald Trump. Cruz was mathematically unable to win enough delegates to secure the party's nomination on the first ballot at this summer's Republican National Convention.

Senate Republicans will have their weekly policy Tuesday afternoon, though whether Cruz will attend is unclear.

The Texas Republican has had an acrimonious relationship with his Senate colleagues since he led an effort in 2013 that ended in a government shutdown and after a fiery floor speech last year, when he accused Majority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-Ky.) of lying. His colleagues largely declined to rally behind his campaign despite their public skepticism of Trump.

Also this week, Trump is scheduled to meet with House Speaker Paul Ryan (R-Wis.).
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline GrouchoTex

Re: Cruz will return to Senate Tuesday
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2016, 10:33:34 pm »
So I wonder how it went?

Online libertybele

« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2016, 11:33:03 am »
Interesting how Cruz has gained more media attention by dropping out of the race then by staying in the race.  I saw a brief film clip on Bret Behr last night, Cruz is now seen as and represents the voice of GOP 'conservatism' and will be overseeing the Convention.

As for the Senate, Cruz has every reason to hold his head high. I think he definitely lit a burr under his colleagues saddles, but I also think he earned a lot of respect...no one expected Cruz to have the amount of support from the people that he has obtained. All the 'establishment' candidates (except Kasich being in for the block) dropped out long before. He was the only one who stood up to the orange one and beat him in nine primaries including his home state. He did not obtain the nomination, but Washington has been put on notice.  Cruz is just getting started, he now has name recognition, media attention and his supporters are not going away.

Don't blame me.  I support Cruz.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2016, 11:36:02 am by libertybele »
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Nickname

« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2016, 12:38:46 pm »
When the primaries began, I was rooting for him but didn't expect him to make it as far as he did. I'm really pleased with how far he went.