Author Topic: Donald Trump: I have nothing to do with Sarah Palin’s effort to oust Paul Ryan  (Read 334 times)

HAPPY2BME

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2016/may/9/donald-trump-i-have-nothing-do-sarah-palins-effort/

By David Sherfinski - The Washington Times - Updated: 10:38 a.m. on Monday, May 9, 2016

Presumptive GOP presidential nominee Donald Trump said Monday he doesn’t have anything to with former Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin’s stated support for a candidate challenging House Speaker Paul D. Ryan in a GOP primary, calling the 2008 Republican vice presidential nominee a “free agent.”

“I have nothing to do with that. Sarah is very much a free agent,” Mr. Trump said on CNN’s “New Day.” “She’s a terrific person, but she’s very much a free agent, and I didn’t know about this until yesterday.”

“I guess she’s been fighting, or she’s endorsing somebody that’s running against Paul Ryan, and I didn’t know about it until yesterday when I read about it,” Mr. Trump said.

On CNN’s “State of the Union” Sunday, Mrs. Palin predicted that Mr. Ryan would be “Cantored” — a reference to former House Majority Leader Eric Cantor, who lost a 2014 primary election in a stunning upset to Rep. Dave Brat.

She slammed Mr. Ryan for saying last week that he wasn’t yet ready to support Mr. Trump’s candidacy, and she said she will do whatever she can for Paul Nehlen, who is mounting a primary challenge against Mr. Ryan.

“His political career is over but for a miracle because he has so disrespected the will of the people,” Mrs. Palin said of Mr. Ryan. “For him to already come out and say who he will not support was not a wise decision of his.”

Mr. Trump said that Mr. Ryan had been very nice to him but that he was “blindsided” when the speaker said last week that he was not yet ready to support his candidacy.

“I’ll go a step further. I’ve always liked him,” Mr. Trump said Monday. “He called me not so long ago, I don’t know, a number of weeks ago, but he called me, and he was very supportive and very nice, and I thought everything was fine, and then I got blindsided, so we’ll see. I mean look, I’ll see what happens.”

Mr. Trump and Mr. Ryan are scheduled to meet later this week.

Offline sinkspur

Ryan has a 74% approval rating in Wisconsin.  Not a chance he's primaried out.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline don-o

• Worldview Moderator
  • FR Class of '98

“I’ll go a step further. I’ve always liked him,” Mr. Trump said Monday. “He called me not so long ago, I don’t know, a number of weeks ago, but he called me, and he was very supportive and very nice, and I thought everything was fine, and then I got blindsided, so we’ll see. I mean look, I’ll see what happens.”

Mr. Trump and Mr. Ryan are scheduled to meet later this week.

I recall that Trump said that Ryan had called him to congratulate him on securing the nomination; which Ryan's people denied.

http://www.politifact.com/personalities/donald-trump/statements/

currently has nine pages of Trump fact checks. 60% are rated as "False" or "Pants On Fire."

Offline kevindavis007

I don't believe him.
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
Sarah Palin is doing what she has always been good at doing, helping candidates.  It doesn't always work, but I hope it does in this case.  I don't trust Paul Ryan, and Paul Ryan is a loser outside of Wisconsin.  He choked big-time in the VP debate with Biden and I was so disappointed in him...and then I watched Romney choke too...losers.

Boehner's hand-picked boy.

Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

HAPPY2BME

Sarah Palin is doing what she has always been good at doing, helping candidates.  It doesn't always work, but I hope it does in this case.  I don't trust Paul Ryan, and Paul Ryan is a loser outside of Wisconsin.  He choked big-time in the VP debate with Biden and I was so disappointed in him...and then I watched Romney choke too...losers.

=========================

All of the above.

Offline ArneFufkin

He "choked"?   It appears being a Trumpbot entails adopting the crude vernacular of the Orange Buffoon.

Paul Ryan was recruited into the Speaker job reluctantly.  To imply he was "hand-picked" by Boehner is simply inaccurate.

http://www.bloomberg.com/view/articles/2015-10-08/paul-ryan-can-t-be-forced-to-be-speaker-can-he-

Ryan has a lifetime ACU Rating of 90.  Ryan is a talented and popular conservative - which makes him an enemy of Trump, Palin and their torch-weilding mob hellbent on scorched Earth destruction of the GOP and Conservative movement.

Bill Cipher

:silly:

Offline kevindavis007

He "choked"?   It appears being a Trumpbot entails adopting the crude vernacular of the Orange Buffoon.

Paul Ryan was recruited into the Speaker job reluctantly.  To imply he was "hand-picked" by Boehner is simply inaccurate.

http://www.bloomberg.com/view/articles/2015-10-08/paul-ryan-can-t-be-forced-to-be-speaker-can-he-

Ryan has a lifetime ACU Rating of 90.  Ryan is a talented and popular conservative - which makes him an enemy of Trump, Palin and their torch-weilding mob hellbent on scorched Earth destruction of the GOP and Conservative movement.

I think the Trump bots wanted the Government to shut down
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/

Offline sinkspur

Sarah Palin couldn't even keep her Alaska job. Now, she's helping a DEMOCRAT win the position she held.  She's nothing but a publicity whore with a declining career and no credibility.  Ryan will not lose his seat and Ryan is a helluva lot more popular among Republicans than Trump.

Kevin McCarthy was Boehner's hand picked boy, not Ryan.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter

Bingo.  It is a righteous cause to defeat Trumpism (and Palinism, which is Trumpism dumbed down for the really stupid). 
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide