Author Topic: Donald Trump Got Mad at CNN Today for Not Congratulating Him on Winning Nomination  (Read 2429 times)

Offline don-o

• Worldview Moderator
  • FR Class of '98
Donald Trump Got Mad at CNN Today for Not Congratulating Him on Winning Nomination

Jack Heretik   
May 9, 2016 8:43 am

http://freebeacon.com/politics/donald-trump-annoyed-cnn-not-congratulating-him-winning-nomination/

“Well, this is a nice way to start off the interview. First of all, you should congratulate me for having won the race. I thought, you know, at least there’d be a small congratulations, but I’m not surprised with CNN, because that’s the way they treat Trump,” Trump said. “It’s the, you know, they call it the Clinton Network and I believe that, so you know, let’s start off right there. All I’ve done, all I’ve done is bring up—”

“Wait, hold on, hold on, Mr. Trump, I did congratulate you the last time we spoke. I said, ‘Congratulations on winning the big race. What are you going to do going forward?’” Cuomo said.

“Oh yeah, thank you very much, so warm and so well-felt,” Trump said.

“But you made it—no, no, no, hold on, hold on, let’s get this off on the right foot. I’m trying to address what you—” Cuomo said.

“You are starting off with a question,” Trump said. “We haven’t spoken. Last week, toward the end, I was the, essentially the nominee of the party and you start off with this question which is not surprising because I understand CNN, perhaps a lot better than you do.”

“Mr. Trump, I’m asking you, I’m asking. Okay, okay, you know what, you’re right. Sometimes it’s good to restart. Here’s the restart,” Cuomo said before beginning his next question.

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
It is all about the Donald, a petulant, childish egomaniac. And he referred to himself in the third person yet again. :3:
Principles matter. Words matter.

Silver Pines

Donald Trump Got Mad at CNN Today for Not Congratulating Him on Winning Nomination

Jack Heretik   
May 9, 2016 8:43 am

http://freebeacon.com/politics/donald-trump-annoyed-cnn-not-congratulating-him-winning-nomination/

“Well, this is a nice way to start off the interview. First of all, you should congratulate me for having won the race. I thought, you know, at least there’d be a small congratulations, but I’m not surprised with CNN, because that’s the way they treat Trump,” Trump said. “It’s the, you know, they call it the Clinton Network and I believe that, so you know, let’s start off right there. All I’ve done, all I’ve done is bring up—”

“Wait, hold on, hold on, Mr. Trump, I did congratulate you the last time we spoke. I said, ‘Congratulations on winning the big race. What are you going to do going forward?’” Cuomo said.

“Oh yeah, thank you very much, so warm and so well-felt,” Trump said.

“But you made it—no, no, no, hold on, hold on, let’s get this off on the right foot. I’m trying to address what you—” Cuomo said.

“You are starting off with a question,” Trump said. “We haven’t spoken. Last week, toward the end, I was the, essentially the nominee of the party and you start off with this question which is not surprising because I understand CNN, perhaps a lot better than you do.”

“Mr. Trump, I’m asking you, I’m asking. Okay, okay, you know what, you’re right. Sometimes it’s good to restart. Here’s the restart,” Cuomo said before beginning his next question.

@Victoria33, this should interest you, considering you have a background in psychology.

Offline Victoria33

@Silver Pines

@Victoria33, this should interest you, considering you have a background in psychology.

"I thought, you know, at least there’d be a small congratulations, but I’m not surprised with CNN, because that’s the way they treat Trump,” Trump said."

IN MY OPINION ONLY, Trump sees another Trump who is perfection.  This is a type of a split personality.  When he speaks of this Trump person, separate from himself (saying "Trump" instead of "I"), he envisions a miraculous Trump who has been denigrated by someone and he has to defend "Trump perfect". 

He has said he has never asked God for forgiveness because he has never done anything that requires asking for forgiveness.   That is the perfect Trump he envisions.  That puts him on a level with God.  Two perfects, Trump and God.  He defends his perfection Trump by verbally attacking others, putting them down, so he can stay above all others, maintaining his perfect Trump.

I have not psychologically tested him or had an interview with him.  My opinion is based on his behavior and may be incorrect. 
« Last Edit: May 09, 2016, 06:51:13 pm by Victoria33 »

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
Typical Donald ... an egomaniac and a jerk.

Amazing feat:  being more of a jerk than the CNN guy interviewing him.  Bet his cultists over on Free Republic love it.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline Gov Bean Counter

Must show Don Trumpeone the proper respect...0
Donald Trump - Simple solutions for the simple minded...

Offline Relic

It sure is a good thing that Hillary has no character flaws, and will govern without bias, that way you people can focus on your Trump hatred.

It's going to be fun to read the reactions to Hillary when she assumes the ValJar position of: “After we win this election, it's our turn. Payback time,”

Val was true to her word, I expect no less from Hillary.

Enjoy.

Offline Victoria33

...that way you people can focus on your Trump hatred.

Because someone has reasons to be against Trump being president, does not mean the person "hates" Trump.
I believe he will be a major disaster for this country if he is elected and I will not vote for him. 

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
Wow Donny...petty much?
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline Relic

Because someone has reasons to be against Trump being president, does not mean the person "hates" Trump.
I believe he will be a major disaster for this country if he is elected and I will not vote for him.

I think he'll be a mess, I just think Hillary will be a more focused mess. Trump will screw up because he's an idiot. Hillary will destroy because she's evil.

I'm just one guy, watching with fascination as our country burns itself down.

Bill Cipher

It sure is a good thing that Hillary has no character flaws, and will govern without bias, that way you people can focus on your Trump hatred.

It's going to be fun to read the reactions to Hillary when she assumes the ValJar position of: “After we win this election, it's our turn. Payback time,”

Val was true to her word, I expect no less from Hillary.

Enjoy.

Opposing Trump has nothing to do with hatred and everything to do with the fact that he is a liberal who will be no different from Clinton in any meaningful sense.

Online Hoodat

Arrogant narcissistic prima dona.  We are so screwed. 

Where can I get my "Don't blame me, I voted for the Conservative" bumper sticker?
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Offline kjam22

I think he'll be a mess, I just think Hillary will be a more focused mess. Trump will screw up because he's an idiot. Hillary will destroy because she's evil.

I'm with you.   And it will not be repaired in our lifetimes..... that much is certain.
America needs God's forgiveness....... Even if Donald Trump doesn't think he does.

Offline Relic

Opposing Trump has nothing to do with hatred and everything to do with the fact that he is a liberal who will be no different from Clinton in any meaningful sense.

Some here can make that argument. Many can't. I count you as one who can't.

You may hate him because you think he's a liberal, but it's pretty clear you hate him.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
Some here can make that argument. Many can't. I count you as one who can't.

You may hate him because you think he's a liberal, but it's pretty clear you hate him.

There's no "thinking" to it Relic...his own words tell us Trump is a Liberal.

And it has nothing to do with hating anyone candidate more than the other.  It's about which candidate will be true to the Constitution and do something to start giving American back the Liberties we've had taken from us and put the brakes on the ever expanding Federal Government.

Neither Trump nor Hillary fit the above mentioned issues in any way shape or form.  They are truly two sides of the same coin.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2016, 08:48:30 pm by txradioguy »
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Offline Relic

There's no "thinking" to it Relic...his own words tell us Trump is a Liberal.

And it has nothing to do with hating anyone candidate more than the other.  It's about which candidate will be true to the Constitution and do something to start giving American back the Liberties we've had taken from us and put the brakes on the ever expanding Federal Government.

Neither Trump nor Hillary fit the above mentioned issues in any way shape or form.  They are truly two sides of the same coin.

This forum has gotten tiresome through no fault of anyone but due to circumstances. The only real debate is if voting for Trump is better than sitting out, or voting 3rd party, and letting Hillary win.

We will never know, and can never conclusively prove which person will do the most harm. I think it's Hillary. I think it's a huge mistake to sit out and let Hillary win. And I hold that view, knowing that Trump is not good.

One thing to consider, if the GOP somehow manages to keep both chambers of Congress, it has been demonstrated that the GOP will much more aggressively attack and block a Republican, as opposed to a Democrat. Hillary will walk all over Congress, just as Obama has done. Trump would be fought tooth and nail.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
This forum has gotten tiresome through no fault of anyone but due to circumstances. The only real debate is if voting for Trump is better than sitting out, or voting 3rd party, and letting Hillary win.

That's a very simplistic response to a very complicated issue.  It's like Trump supporters only response to anyone question Donald's legitimacy as a Republican is "what you want Hillary to win?"

To rational people reading the way you and others reply it tells those paying attention that Trump defenders have nothing to stand on or defend Trump with from a policy or Constitutional position so they rely on the "threat" of Hillary being president if we don't automatically swear allegiance and our vote in November to Trump.

The only real tiresome thing is the lack of any kind of intelligent defense of Trump by his supporters and the tiresome accusations by Trumpbots that in questioning Trump's past record we are some how showing support for the Dem candidate.

And that's just a flat out lie.

We will never know, and can never conclusively prove which person will do the most harm. I think it's Hillary. I think it's a huge mistake to sit out and let Hillary win. And I hold that view, knowing that Trump is not good.

Again...as I pointed out above...this is a disingenuous and dishonest argument/defense for Trump.

One thing to consider, if the GOP somehow manages to keep both chambers of Congress, it has been demonstrated that the GOP will much more aggressively attack and block a Republican, as opposed to a Democrat. Hillary will walk all over Congress, just as Obama has done. Trump would be fought tooth and nail.

When in history has the Republican Party actually done what you state above?

As for who will walk over Congress faster...Trump has already taken cheap shots at the Speaker and sided with the GOPe leaders who have the sole aim of wiping out any candidate supported by the TEA Party and limiting if not doing away with the Freedom Caucus.

Like we keep pointing out...at the very best Trump will be Hillary lite.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
Someone should point out to Donny that he hasn't "won" anything yet.  He has to come out of the Convention in Cleveland as the officially nominated and approved GOP Candidate before he can be considered the winner.

Offline Relic

That's a very simplistic response to a very complicated issue.  It's like Trump supporters only response to anyone question Donald's legitimacy as a Republican is "what you want Hillary to win?"

To rational people reading the way you and others reply it tells those paying attention that Trump defenders have nothing to stand on or defend Trump with from a policy or Constitutional position so they rely on the "threat" of Hillary being president if we don't automatically swear allegiance and our vote in November to Trump.

The only real tiresome thing is the lack of any kind of intelligent defense of Trump by his supporters and the tiresome accusations by Trumpbots that in questioning Trump's past record we are some how showing support for the Dem candidate.

And that's just a flat out lie.

That's a very ignorant, misinformed reply, attempting to make something very complicated, out of a simple equation. The equation is Trump or Hillary. It's no more complicated than that. You mistakenly peg me as a Trump supporter. The reality is, the choice is being presented to me, and, in spite of a great dislike of Trump, I'll vote for him over the evil that is Hillary Clinton.

Again...as I pointed out above...this is a disingenuous and dishonest argument/defense for Trump.

When in history has the Republican Party actually done what you state above?

As for who will walk over Congress faster...Trump has already taken cheap shots at the Speaker and sided with the GOPe leaders who have the sole aim of wiping out any candidate supported by the TEA Party and limiting if not doing away with the Freedom Caucus.

Like we keep pointing out...at the very best Trump will be Hillary lite.

When in history has the Republican party tried to unify to stop a candidate?

One year into the Clinton presidency, be sure to come here and tell me you prefer that to Hillary lite.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
That's a very ignorant, misinformed reply, attempting to make something very complicated, out of a simple equation.

Why?  LOL because you say it is?  Your reply to what I posted has about as much substance as a Trump policy position.  Which is to say...none.

You don't have a substantive answer as to why Trump will be better than Hillary...do you just drop down to the lowest common denominator.  IF you could show us where he stands on important Constitutional issues or foreign policy hot spots he'll inherit IF he gets into office or even a cohearant domestic policy....I feel sure you'd throw that out.

But you can't...so you won't.

When in history has the Republican party tried to unify to stop a candidate?

The two largest victory margins in U.S. history ring a bell?

One year into the Clinton presidency, be sure to come here and tell me you prefer that to Hillary lite.

Again...you're giving simpleton answers to soemthing that is not black and white to hide the fact that in the case of Trump...the Emperor has no clothes.

Yeah yeah I know...you'll just call me a ignorant again.  :rolleyes:

Offline mlizzy

• Rosary for Peace

:thumbsup2:
America needs no words from me to see how your decision in Roe v. Wade has deformed a great nation. The so-called right to abortion has pitted mothers against their children and women against men. Human rights are not a privilege conferred by government. They are every human being's entitlement by virtue of his humanity. The right to life does not depend, and must not be declared to be contingent, on the pleasure of anyone else, not even a parent or a sovereign. -Blessed Mother Teresa of Calcutta

Silver Pines

@Silver Pines
"I thought, you know, at least there’d be a small congratulations, but I’m not surprised with CNN, because that’s the way they treat Trump,” Trump said."

IN MY OPINION ONLY, Trump sees another Trump who is perfection.  This is a type of a split personality.  When he speaks of this Trump person, separate from himself (saying "Trump" instead of "I"), he envisions a miraculous Trump who has been denigrated by someone and he has to defend "Trump perfect". 

He has said he has never asked God for forgiveness because he has never done anything that requires asking for forgiveness.   That is the perfect Trump he envisions.  That puts him on a level with God.  Two perfects, Trump and God.  He defends his perfection Trump by verbally attacking others, putting them down, so he can stay above all others, maintaining his perfect Trump.

I have not psychologically tested him or had an interview with him.  My opinion is based on his behavior and may be incorrect.

I missed the part where he referred to himself in the third person.  It isn't the first time he's done that.  I think it's extremely bizarre.

Silver Pines

@Victoria33

Trump is more than just a know-nothing vulgarian (although he is that).  He's a pathological liar who brags about his serial adultery, openly mocks disabled people, and attempts to destroy those who get in his way.  I think he's as evil as Hillary.

Silver Pines

Arrogant narcissistic prima dona.  We are so screwed. 

Where can I get my "Don't blame me, I voted for the Conservative" bumper sticker?

I can't remember where I saw it, but someone made a graphic of Cruz with a "Miss Me Yet?" caption.  I'd love it on a bumpersticker.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

I can't remember where I saw it, but someone made a graphic of Cruz with a "Miss Me Yet?" caption.  I'd love it on a bumpersticker.

There's no reason to miss Cruz.  If you have access to C-Span 2 you can watch him daily in the Senate starting tomorrow.