Author Topic: Thomas Sowell says Trump will DISCREDIT conservatism, CALLS for THIRD PARTY candidate!!  (Read 5008 times)

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
Conservative legend and icon Thomas Sowell warns that Trump could be another Herbert Hoover and discredit conservative ideas for decades, while ushering in another era of unbridled liberalism.

He said the only “slim chance” we have at avoiding this is a third party candidate:

What was once feared most by the Republican establishment — a third party candidate for president — may represent the only slim chance for saving this country from a catastrophic administration in an age of proliferating nuclear weapons.

If a third-party candidate could divide the vote enough to prevent anyone from getting an electoral-college majority, that would throw the election into the House of Representatives, where any semblance of sanity could produce a better president than these two.

Read more: http://therightscoop.com/thomas-sowell-says-trump-will-discredit-conservatism-calls-for-third-party-candidate/#ixzz484tKMrwV

Offline Mechanicos

Wonder how much he was paid to say this? Levin was only million and a family member working for Cruz. Eriksson was 3 million, Beck is still pulling it in.

Trump is for America First.
"Crooked Hillary Clinton is the Secretary of the Status Quo – and wherever Hillary Clinton goes, corruption and scandal follow." D. Trump 7/11/16

Did you know that the word ‘gullible’ is not in the dictionary?

Isaiah 54:17

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
Wonder how much he was paid to say this? Levin was only million and a family member working for Cruz. Eriksson was 3 million, Beck is still pulling it in.

Patriotism can't be bought.  Sowell is a great Amercan.   Trump is a cancer.   
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline Mechanicos

Levin, Rush, Eriksson, Beck, etc sold out, why not him? 
"Crooked Hillary Clinton is the Secretary of the Status Quo – and wherever Hillary Clinton goes, corruption and scandal follow." D. Trump 7/11/16

Offline sinkspur

Don't malign everybody like your angry orangutan.  Nobody's paying Sowell except the syndicators of his column.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline Mechanicos

Don't malign everybody like your angry orangutan.  Nobody's paying Sowell except the syndicators of his column.
Its a fair assumption, 3rd party means Hillary. #neverTrump is Billionaire far left and GOPe both trying to get the democrat elected. http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/aei-world-forum-donald-trump_us_56ddbd38e4b0ffe6f8ea125d

Its also been the pattern seen so far, either left wing sources or what was once thought conservative sources sold out putting out garbage like this hoping to elect the democrat. 

Offline NavyCanDo

Where are all these millions coming from you speak of? Don't say the RNC, because they are slowly rallying around him.
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

Offline Mechanicos

Where are all these millions coming from you speak of? Don't say the RNC, because they are slowly rallying around him.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/aei-world-forum-donald-trump_us_56ddbd38e4b0ffe6f8ea125d

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Thomas Sowell is a very brave man!  He is also right as rain on every point.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2016, 06:10:48 pm by Bigun »
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Gov Bean Counter

I hope you buy your tinfoil in bulk...
Donald Trump - Simple solutions for the simple minded...

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
I hope you buy your tinfoil in bulk...

Box car loads at a time!

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline NavyCanDo

I wonder what Alcoa Aluminum shares are going for right now. Seems to be a run on aluminum hats.
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

Offline BigHomer

• D'oh!
  • Homer no function beer well without
    • Not My Circus
Thomas Sowell is a very brave man!  He is also right as rain on every point.

"We must, indeed, all hang together or, most assuredly, we shall all hang separately." ~ Benjamin Franklin

Offline EasyAce

• RIP Blue, 2012-2020---my big, gentle friend.
Wonder how much he was paid to say this?

He was paid whatever it is he receives from the syndication of his column, since the OP's source
linked to it as it was published at National Review's Website:

Trump v. Clinton: An Unmitigated Disaster

"The question of who is right is a small one, indeed, beside the question of what is right."---Albert Jay Nock.

Fake news---news you don't like or don't want to hear.

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

Thomas Sowell@ThomasSowell

“It is usually futile to try to talk facts and analysis to people who are enjoying a sense of moral superiority in their ignorance.”

Online Right_in_Virginia

Thomas Sowell@ThomasSowell

“It is usually futile to try to talk facts and analysis to people who are enjoying a sense of moral superiority in their ignorance.”

Finally...someone gets to the nub of the problem with today's conservatives!

Well done, Thomas!   :thumbsup2:

Offline Gov Bean Counter

Donald Trump - Simple solutions for the simple minded...

Offline Fantom

Why does it not surprise me that a trumpansie would use a Huffpro link to buttress it's argument?

Now , onto substance.  I am for an independent Conservative candidate... who? While I would prefer Cruz, or Sasse I just do not see it happening.

How about Colonel Allen West. Very smart war hero with impeccable Conservative limited government cred.... Tea Party cred. Imagine Mr West with the backing of the Cruz machine..along with the rest of the Tea Party.
Those who profess to favor freedom, and yet deprecate agitation, are men who want crops without plowing up the ground, they want rain without thunder and lightning, they want the ocean without the awful roar of its many waters.

Frederick Douglass

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
Trump is a disaster.  Why he carries the "conservative" label is beyond me.  He is not even close.  As for 3rd party, I don't know but am willing to listen.

He does that because part of his job is to DESTROY conservatism!

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Fantom

Those who profess to favor freedom, and yet deprecate agitation, are men who want crops without plowing up the ground, they want rain without thunder and lightning, they want the ocean without the awful roar of its many waters.

Frederick Douglass

Offline Mechanicos

Why does it not surprise me that a trumpansie would use a Huffpro link to buttress it's argument?

Now , onto substance.  [remainder redacted]

The Substance was the FACTS of far Left Mega billionaires working with the GOPe to create #neverTrump and then paying Surrogates like Levin, Erickson, Beck etc as well as an online army of trolls to to write #neverTrump propaganda to protect their Globalist empire.

Online Right_in_Virginia

He does that because part of his job is to DESTROY conservatism!

Nah... why should he?  No one does a better job of destroying conservatism than conservatives. 

Offline Fantom

The Substance was the FACTS of far Left Mega billionaires working with the GOPe to create #neverTrump and then paying Surrogates like Levin, Erickson, Beck etc as well as an online army of trolls to to write #neverTrump propaganda to protect their Globalist empire.

Speaking of being owned by left...far far left billionaires..... Sorro's..I thought you were speaking of Soros himself.

https://www.conservativereview.com/commentary/2016/02/trump-pals-around-with-george-soros

As to substance of this thread.. It is who would make a Great American Independent Tea Party Candidate this year.

I still think war Hero Colonel Allen West would do just fine.  All he has to do is win a few States..and the House can dump the Sorros Clinton/Trump unity ticket.

Frederick Douglass

Offline Mechanicos

Speaking of being owned by left...far far left billionaires..... Sorro's..I thought you were speaking of Soros himself.

https://www.conservativereview.com/commentary/2016/02/trump-pals-around-with-george-soros

As to substance of this thread.. It is who would make a Great American Independent Tea Party Candidate this year.

I still think war Hero Colonel Allen West would do just fine.  All he has to do is win a few States..and the House can dump the Sorros Clinton/Trump unity ticket.

That Guilt by association thing did not work for you in the primary nor will it work in the general.

Offline Fantom

That Guilt by association thing did not work for you in the primary nor will it work in the general.

If you say so.....  :thud:

Frederick Douglass