Author Topic: Palin Back Paul Ryan's Primary Opponent  (Read 537 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Palin Back Paul Ryan's Primary Opponent
« on: May 08, 2016, 01:37:57 pm »
http://www.newsmax.com/PrintTemplate.aspx/?nodeid=727727

Newsmax
Palin Back Paul Ryan's Primary Opponent
Sunday, May 8, 2016 07:41 AM

Angered by Paul Ryan's questioning of Donald Trump's seemingly imminent nomination as the Republican's presidential candidate, former Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin says she'll work to help defeat Ryan by backing his primary opponent in Wisconsin.

In an interview that airs Sunday on CNN's "State of the Union," Palin told host Jake Tapper that her decision was sparked by Ryan's comments last week that he wasn't yet ready to support Donald Trump, the Republican presumptive nominee.

Palin endorsed Trump back in January.

"I think Paul Ryan is soon to be 'Cantored,' as in Eric Cantor," Palin said.

She was referring to the former Republican House majority leader who was ousted in a shocking upset in 2014 when challenger Dave Brat ran to his right in a Virginia primary.

"His political career is over but for a miracle because he has so disrespected the will of the people, and as the leader of the GOP, the convention, certainly he is to remain neutral, and for him to already come out and say who he will not support is not a wise decision of his," Palin said.

Palin said that Ryan's announcement was driven out by a desire to seek the White House in 2020.

"If the GOP were to win now, that wouldn't bode well for his chances in 2020, and that's what he's shooting for," Palin said.

Paul Nehlen, Ryan's primary opponent, endorsed Trump soon after Ryan's announcement last week. Palin told Tapper that although she hasn't yet informed Nehlen that she's endorsing him, "I will do whatever I can for Paul Nehlen."

"This man is a hard-working guy, so in touch with the people," Palin said. "Paul Ryan and his ilk, their problem is they have become so disconnected by the people whom they are elected to represent."

"They feel so threatened at this point that their power, their prestige, their purse will be adversely affected by the change that is coming with Trump and with someone like Paul Nehlen, that they're not thinking straight right now," she said.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline sinkspur

Re: Palin Back Paul Ryan's Primary Opponent
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2016, 01:39:49 pm »
"I think Paul Ryan is soon to be 'Cantored,' as in Eric Cantor," Palin said.

Not likely:

Ryan is viewed favorably by 76 percent of Wisconsin Republican voters, with just 14 percent holding an unfavorable view. Such high approval numbers are noteworthy because congressional leaders are often forced to take difficult votes to shield their own conference from the wrath of paid pundits and professional activists, as well as find ground for compromise with Democrats and the White House. Ryan’s success among conservatives speaks to his credibility and trustworthiness.
“There is no evidence in the polling at this point that Ryan faces serious unhappiness within his party, whether that’s southeast Wisconsin where his voters would be, or the rest of the state,” Marquette pollster Charles Franklin told the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel. “I think you do see a group of intensely anti-establishment Republicans who are critical of him and are calling for his defeat… but we’re not seeing that element of the party represent a substantial fraction of voters at this point.”

http://opportunitylives.com/poll-paul-ryans-popularity-soars/
« Last Edit: May 08, 2016, 01:41:32 pm by sinkspur »
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2016, 01:44:11 pm »
Palin told Tapper that although she hasn't yet informed Nehlen that she's endorsing him, "I will do whatever I can for Paul Nehlen."

No doubt Nehlen can't wait for the screeching stream-of-consciousness-speaking drama queen to further drive up Ryan's numbers.

Every single Tea Party  primary challenger this election season has lost.  None of them faced an opponent with a 76% favorable rating.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2016, 01:44:57 pm by sinkspur »

Offline libertybele

« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2016, 02:01:12 pm »
I don't know much about Nehlen, but he has endorsed Trump and I see that as a huge red flag. 
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

geronl

« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2016, 02:28:54 pm »
I don't know much about Nehlen, but he has endorsed Trump and I see that as a huge red flag.

Yep!

Offline libertybele

« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2016, 03:06:28 pm »
Palin lost any credibility when she chose to endorse Trump over Cruz.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2016, 03:07:58 pm »
So now we're pro-Ryan?  Is he the conservative standard bearer?

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #7 on: May 08, 2016, 03:14:12 pm »
So now we're pro-Ryan?  Is he the conservative standard bearer?

You're a Republican, not a conservative, according to your boy.  So why do you care?

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #8 on: May 08, 2016, 03:19:34 pm »
Gideon Resnick ‏@GideonResnick  2h2 hours ago

Palin on being Trump's VP: "I think I'm the most vetted person in this country."

Offline NavyCanDo

« Reply #9 on: May 08, 2016, 03:33:23 pm »
Gideon Resnick ‏@GideonResnick  2h2 hours ago

Palin on being Trump's VP: "I think I'm the most vetted person in this country."

Picking Palin for VP would be great news for fans of The Apprentice. Means Trump's reality show will be back on just in time for the 2017 Fall Line up.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2016, 03:34:10 pm by NavyCanDo »
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn