Author Topic: Russia’s ‘Obama’ ice cream deepens chilly relations with US  (Read 349 times)

Offline SZonian

• Strike without warning
  • 415th Nightstalker
http://nypost.com/2016/05/06/russias-obama-ice-cream-deepens-chilly-relations-with-us/

MOSCOW – A Russian company is trying to cash in on chilly relations between Moscow and Washington by releasing an ice cream called “Little Obama”, irritating U.S. officials.

The product, called “Obamka” in Russian, is glazed with chocolate and its wrapping features an image of a smiling young African boy, wearing an ear ring and holding an ice cream.

With relations at a post-Cold War low since Russia’s 2014 annexation of Crimea and its military intervention in Syria, Russian state media and pro-Kremlin activists have often berated and mocked President Barack Obama in terms that U.S. officials have described as racist and insulting.

The company that makes the ice cream, Slavitsa, said in a statement that it was part of a range aimed at children featuring “cheerful” characters.

[excerpted]

--------------------------------------------------------------

Looks like the cold war is still on...
Throwing our allegiances to political parties in the long run gave away our liberty.

Online mountaineer

Re: Russia’s ‘Obama’ ice cream deepens chilly relations with US
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2016, 11:05:27 am »
I hope it doesn't taste like ... well, what you'd expect of anything named after that POS.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2016, 11:19:44 am »
I hope it doesn't taste like ... well, what you'd expect of anything named after that POS.

Regardless, I bet it's fruity and nutty.
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Online mountaineer

« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2016, 11:28:35 am »
 :silly:
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org