Author Topic: Trump: I don't think GOP has to be unified  (Read 356 times)

Offline sinkspur

Trump: I don't think GOP has to be unified
« on: May 08, 2016, 03:49:48 am »
http://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box/presidential-races/279135-trump-i-dont-think-gop-has-to-be-unified

Trump: I don't think GOP has to be unified

By Harper Neidig

Donald Trump said on Saturday that he doesn’t think he needs to unite the GOP in order to win general election.

“Does the party have to be together, does it have to be unified?” he said during an interview on ABC’s “This Week” that will air Sunday. “I’m very different from anybody who’s perhaps ever run for office. I actually don’t think so.”

“I think it would be better if it were unified, I think there would be something good about it, but I don’t actually think it has to be unified," he said.

The presumptive GOP nominee said that he can win without the backing of the full party by drawing Democratic voters, specifically supporters of Bernie Sanders.

“I have to stay true to my principles also. And I’m a conservative, but don’t forget, this is called the ‘Republican Party,’ not the ‘conservative party,’” Trump said.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline sinkspur

Re: Trump: I don't think GOP has to be unified
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2016, 03:50:57 am »
Thank you, Donald.  You have just given me permission to dump on your ass for the next six months.  And I will.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline Mechanicos

Trump is for America First.
"Crooked Hillary Clinton is the Secretary of the Status Quo – and wherever Hillary Clinton goes, corruption and scandal follow." D. Trump 7/11/16

Did you know that the word ‘gullible’ is not in the dictionary?

Isaiah 54:17

Offline olde north church

Re: Trump: I don't think GOP has to be unified
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2016, 10:56:34 am »
I find it quite interesting when what Trump is taken literally, while other candidates are speaking figuratively.  Strange that  :whistle:
Why?  Well, because I'm a bastard, that's why.