Author Topic: Trump going to Trial over Fraudulant Trump College  (Read 631 times)

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
Trump going to Trial over Fraudulant Trump College
« on: May 07, 2016, 04:12:15 pm »
He is ordered to go to trial.  It is going to be a long trial that could last from November until January.  He will be busy trying to defend himself against people he defrauded in his phony college.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/president-elect-or-not-trump-is-going-to-trial-003511101.html
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Re: Trump going to Trial over Fraudulant Trump College
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2016, 04:51:24 pm »
He is ordered to go to trial.  It is going to be a long trial that could last from November until January.  He will be busy trying to defend himself against people he defrauded in his phony college.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/president-elect-or-not-trump-is-going-to-trial-003511101.html

He will have plenty of free time for that by then!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline libertybele

« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2016, 05:21:48 pm »
Six months to go ... I predict there will be more issues coming out against Trump that he will have to answer for.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline CommerceComet

« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2016, 08:47:13 pm »
Why didn't Trump settle this a long time ago? Even if Trump wins at trial, it is certain that some unfavorable stuff about him is going to leak out which could damage his campaign. If he settles, he can buy the plaintiffs' silence with nondisclosure agreements tied to the settlement payments. He could easily explain the settlement away by saying that 'he could have won at trial but he had to focus on his campaign and didn't have time to do both.' Like most settlements, Trump could insist that he be allowed to issue a statement that the settlement is not an admission of wrongdoing. That's how most businesses would handle a situation when they get caught with their hand in the cookie jar.   

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2016, 08:55:14 pm »
Six months to go ... I predict there will be more issues coming out against Trump that he will have to answer for.

According to his lawyer he wants to go to trial.  He want to be vindicated.  Trumps off in court and Hillary is taking center stage.  And by the way I hope that the people who were conned by Trump get their money back seven fold.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Wingnut

« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2016, 08:56:16 pm »
Why didn't Trump settle this a long time ago? Even if Trump wins at trial, it is certain that some unfavorable stuff about him is going to leak out which could damage his campaign. If he settles, he can buy the plaintiffs' silence with nondisclosure agreements tied to the settlement payments. He could easily explain the settlement away by saying that 'he could have won at trial but he had to focus on his campaign and didn't have time to do both.' Like most settlements, Trump could insist that he be allowed to issue a statement that the settlement is not an admission of wrongdoing. That's how most businesses would handle a situation when they get caught with their hand in the cookie jar.

Il Duce the Orange, never backs down. 

Offline CommerceComet

« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2016, 10:23:27 pm »
Il Duce the Orange, never backs down.
You might be right which is very troubling. Trump might want to consider the old saying: "Some hills aren't worth dying for."

Wingnut

« Reply #7 on: May 07, 2016, 10:29:27 pm »
You might be right which is very troubling. Trump might want to consider the old saying: "Some hills aren't worth dying for."

He's never heard those words that before....but then there are a lot of words he has not heard or said before.  I don't think he has ever written, or said anything in his life that would send anyone to a dictionary to look up.