Author Topic: Inevitable: Harsh Trump Critics Now Lining Up to Endorse Him .........Guy Benson  (Read 293 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
http://townhall.com/tipsheet/guybenson/2016/05/06/here-we-go-harsh-trump-critics-now-endorsing-him-n2159202

Inevitable: Harsh Trump Critics Now Lining Up to Endorse Him
Guy Benson

Posted: May 06, 2016 2:15 PM

Following up on Katie's post, as I wrote on Wednesday, partisan tribalism is a powerful thing. Former Texas Governor Rick Perry gave a brutal anti-Trump speech months ago, in which he called Trumpism a "cancer on conservatism."Allahpundit notes that the text is still live on his website. Remember this?

Donald Trump is the modern-day incarnation of the know-nothing movement. He espouses nativism, not conservatism. He is negative when conservatism is inherently optimistic. He would divide us along bloodlines, when conservatives believe our policies will work for people of all backgrounds. He has piqued the interest of some Republican voters who have legitimate concerns about a porous border and broken immigration system. But instead of offering those voters leadership or solutions, he has offered fear and soundbites. This cannot stand. Conservatism doesn’t foment agitation through identity politics. That’s what Democrats do. But as a supporter of socialized medicine, the stimulus package and Hillary Clinton, Mr. Trump is quite suited to follow the Democrats’ example. I, for one, will not be silent when a candidate for the high office of president runs under the Republican banner by targeting millions of Hispanics, and our veterans, with mean-spirited vitriol...Resentment is the poison we swallow that we hope harms another. My fellow Republicans, don’t take the poison.

continued
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34