Author Topic: Trump Is Already Flip-Flopping toward the Center  (Read 3912 times)

Offline Timber Rattler

• Conservative Purist and Patriot
Trump Is Already Flip-Flopping toward the Center
« on: May 07, 2016, 10:29:37 am »
http://www.nationalreview.com/article/435096/donald-trump-flip-flops-toward-center

Within 24 hours of becoming the presumptive Republican nominee, Donald Trump had reversed his positions on tax increases, paying down the debt, raising the minimum wage, and self-financing his campaign. It was a busy day. In a Wednesday interview with CNBC, Trump said that the tax plan he released in September, which he had pledged would “provide major tax relief for middle-income and for most other Americans,” was only a starting point, and there could be middle-class tax increases in the future after all.

“You know, when you put out a tax plan, you are going to start negotiating,” he said. “You don’t say, ‘Okay, this is our tax plan, lots of luck, folks.’ There will be negotiation back and forth. And I can see that going up, to be honest with you. . . . During a negotiation, I could see that going up. I don’t want middle to go up at all, but I could see that going up. And I think that will probably happen. “ In an April interview with the Washington Post, Trump boldly promised to eliminate the country’s $19 trillion debt in a period of eight years without raising taxes. A campaign spokesman later suggested a Trump administration would sell off about $16 trillion in government assets to pay down the debt. (The General Accounting Office calculated the federal government’s reported assets at about $3.2 trillion as of September 30, 2015.)

aka "nasty degenerate SOB," "worst of the worst at Free Republic," "Garbage Troll," "Neocon Warmonger," "Filthy Piece of Trash," "damn $#%$#@!," "Silly f'er," "POS," "war pig," "neocon scumbag," "insignificant little ankle nipper," "@ss-clown," "neocuck," "termite," "Uniparty Deep stater," "Never Trump sack of dog feces," "avid Bidenista," "filthy Ukrainian," "war whore," "fricking chump," psychopathic POS, and depraved SOB.

"In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act."  ---George Orwell

"If you want peace, prepare for war." ---Flavius Vegetius Renatus

Offline Timber Rattler

• Conservative Purist and Patriot
Re: Trump Is Already Flip-Flopping toward the Center
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2016, 10:30:11 am »
Everything is negotiable, suckers, ever Trump's much ballyhooed tax plan...
aka "nasty degenerate SOB," "worst of the worst at Free Republic," "Garbage Troll," "Neocon Warmonger," "Filthy Piece of Trash," "damn $#%$#@!," "Silly f'er," "POS," "war pig," "neocon scumbag," "insignificant little ankle nipper," "@ss-clown," "neocuck," "termite," "Uniparty Deep stater," "Never Trump sack of dog feces," "avid Bidenista," "filthy Ukrainian," "war whore," "fricking chump," psychopathic POS, and depraved SOB.

"In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act."  ---George Orwell

"If you want peace, prepare for war." ---Flavius Vegetius Renatus

Offline verga

« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2016, 10:57:45 am »
As soon as Devious Don said that the specifics of "The wall" were negotiable I knew it was over. Will it be 30 ft 40 ft etc.... I could jsut tell he was lying through his Hillary hole. **nononono*
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2016, 11:04:56 am »
As soon as Devious Don said that the specifics of "The wall" were negotiable I knew it was over. Will it be 30 ft 40 ft etc.... I could jsut tell he was lying through his Hillary hole. **nononono*

That's the problem.  Everything with Donny is negotiable.  He has NO core values or beliefs.  If it makes him money or gets him what he wants, he does it.  He doesn't care about ramification or consequences he's always had enough money to buy his way out of any dilemma.  What he and his supporters don't get is, this country is NOT a business.  We are a democracy within a Republic and not a deal in some boardroom.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2016, 11:10:40 am »

How is Trump lying?  He's not reneging on the wall.  He's doing what construction managers do with every construction project ... weighing design, time and cost considerations.

Do you have a problem with getting it done right the first time at the lowest cost?

Offline BigHomer

• D'oh!
  • Homer no function beer well without
    • Not My Circus
« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2016, 11:15:50 am »

:chairbang:
"We must, indeed, all hang together or, most assuredly, we shall all hang separately." ~ Benjamin Franklin

Offline libertybele

« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2016, 11:20:59 am »
How is Trump lying?  He's not reneging on the wall.  He's doing what construction managers do with every construction project ... weighing design, time and cost considerations.

Do you have a problem with getting it done right the first time at the lowest cost?

He is not running for the office of Construction manager. He is running for the office of president.  He needs to realize that we have three branches of government; executive, legislative and judicial ... each of those three branches functions differently in order to achieve checks and balances of power as outlined in the CONSTITUTION. He will need to go through Congress in order to build that wall. The Secure Fence Act has already been passed with the FULL authorization of Congress.  It was never fully funded which is the power of the House.  Donny plans on taking his own money and doing to this country what he pleases??  His failure to understand the functionality of our government and honor its Constitution is what is most troubling.  His bombastic, narcissistic personality is secondary.  Is there any wonder that their are plans to impeach him already should he become president.

#NEVERTrump

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #7 on: May 07, 2016, 11:22:01 am »

:chairbang:

Actually, he isn't flip-flopping.  He out and out LIED. 

Offline Mechanicos

« Reply #8 on: May 07, 2016, 12:26:31 pm »
Trump is for America First.
"Crooked Hillary Clinton is the Secretary of the Status Quo – and wherever Hillary Clinton goes, corruption and scandal follow." D. Trump 7/11/16

Did you know that the word ‘gullible’ is not in the dictionary?

Isaiah 54:17

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #9 on: May 07, 2016, 12:47:41 pm »
So which are you? A no skin in the game policy making clrek or a pseudo intellectual expert?

You're the one telling us all who we got to vote for.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Wingnut

« Reply #10 on: May 07, 2016, 12:59:54 pm »

Not at all.  I just don't want the Lowest bidder as president.

Offline verga

« Reply #11 on: May 07, 2016, 01:14:04 pm »

Donald Trump had reversed his positions on tax increases, paying down the debt, raising the minimum wage, and self-financing his campaign. Reversing your position is commonly called LYING. How long till he replaces he wall with a welcome mat. Oh wait has already said he is in favor of touch back amnesty.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Offline Henry Noel

« Reply #12 on: May 07, 2016, 01:21:17 pm »
I believe that the biggest advocate of #NeverTrump is Trump himself. I don't think he has any intention of winning the Presidency. He'll enter the general and immediately do everything in his power to turn off and disgust the very supporters who won him the nomination.
Gee, it feels great to be a gangster!

Offline Mechanicos

« Reply #13 on: May 07, 2016, 01:35:21 pm »
Donald Trump had reversed his positions on tax increases, paying down the debt, raising the minimum wage, and self-financing his campaign. Reversing your position is commonly called LYING. How long till he replaces he wall with a welcome mat. Oh wait has already said he is in favor of touch back amnesty.

1 Tax Increases. More Agitprop spin from the left and establishment using sound bites out of context for obsessed hateful people.
2. Paying down the debt. The Debt increased from 17 Trillion to 21 Trillion. Its still going to go down but as was pointed out, cutting costs and eliminating govt agencies/waste are not enough to do it. Its that bad and real world solutions to it are not going to be able to fit in a lawyer approved sound bite.
3. He never said he was interested in raising the minimum wage, Again others manipulated people with that spin. All he said was he was thinking about it (the Min wage) and then said is made us uncompetitive. Absurd to make that into he wants to raise the min wage.
4. he never promised to self-finance the general and has self financed the Primary. FEC laws say he cannot give himself the money so its in the form of a loan from himself to his campaign. All the rest of this establishment agitprop is deception and desperation.
5 Touch back Amnesty is a lie. Building a wall, enforcing the border, deporting illegals and then only allowing people in legally is not amnesty. You want to see Amnesty for real look at Cruz's positions.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uuGzdyt0xOc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4CwVrfydjOI

#NeverTrump loses respect when it misrepresents what was said by Trump.

Unlike the normal Ruling Class Ivy league Lawyers running the country hes not reading off a teleprompter with a team of professionals pouring over every word and phrase. So yeah hes going to make mistakes while talking. He usually catches it and corrects it. Not bad really considering how much professional effort is put into framing the Gotcha questions. That shows hes real, not a professional politician. 
"Crooked Hillary Clinton is the Secretary of the Status Quo – and wherever Hillary Clinton goes, corruption and scandal follow." D. Trump 7/11/16

Offline verga

« Reply #14 on: May 07, 2016, 02:19:06 pm »

#NeverTrump loses respect when it misrepresents what was said by Trump.

. So yeah hes going to make mistakes while talking. He usually catches it and corrects it. Not bad really considering how much professional effort is put into framing the Gotcha questions. That shows hes real, not a professional politician.
He has made a career out of scamming, conning, strong arming and bullying. The only one that misrepresents what tRump says is tRump. He is all sides of every single issue. WAKE UP.

Offline Mechanicos

« Reply #15 on: May 07, 2016, 02:29:41 pm »
He has made a career out of scamming, conning, strong arming and bullying. The only one that misrepresents what tRump says is tRump. He is all sides of every single issue. WAKE UP.
Says a person devoted to a DC Insider Ivy League Lawyer with sealed records who voted to renew the Patriot Act, wrote an op-ed with Ryan for TPP/TPA. was for TPA before being against, removed our ability  to police currency manipulations in Trade, handed out Gift baskets to illegals at the border, is married to an author of the CFR's North American Union plan and is now on the same side as Obama, Muslims, illegals, BLM, La Raza, Democrats and the Establishment. You want flip flops?
Then look at real flip flops: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ftY8UjxeqTk&feature=youtu.be

I support the America First guy.

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #16 on: May 07, 2016, 02:39:57 pm »
Says a person devoted to a DC Insider Ivy League Lawyer with sealed records who voted to renew the Patriot Act, wrote an op-ed with Ryan for TPP/TPA. was for TPA before being against, removed our ability  to police currency manipulations in Trade, handed out Gift baskets to illegals at the border, is married to an author of the CFR's North American Union plan and is now on the same side as Obama, Muslims, illegals, BLM, La Raza, Democrats and the Establishment. You want flip flops?
Then look at real flip flops: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ftY8UjxeqTk&feature=youtu.be

I support the America First guy.

Trump's enemies will never grasp the concept of going after every possible vote.

Do they think he's not aware of #nevertrump?  Not aware the Bush family won't endorse him?  That Romney is actively working against him?

Coming on a lot of these Trump-bashing threads today is like visiting the zoo...where one can observe the predators behind the glass.

"He's changed his mind!  SEE?  He's a liar and a snake and can't be trusted!"

You anti-Trump folks need to focus on the doughnut instead of the hole.   

Trump?  Or Hillary Clinton?   

Freedom?  Or confiscation of all weapons?

:whistle:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline For-Q-Clinton

« Reply #17 on: May 07, 2016, 02:48:48 pm »

Late me take the last one first.  Trump is not fighting for Freedom and liberty.  He's fighting for power so he can make America great again (as he see's it).
Hillary will not confiscate all weapons.  Those are scare tactics. More realistically more weapons restrictions and ammo taxes (not that I like that either but just keeping it real).

But Trump or Hillary that is an interesting question.

With Hillary we have a chance that the GOP will grow a pair and learn how to be an opposition party and really use their power to shut it down.  I know it's unlikely but it may be better than the alternative.

With Trump we have no opposition party.  He will take the country left... the Democrats will win the House and Senate and then Trump will negotiate with the left for more lefty agenda items to pass.

About the only good thing about Trump is that he *may* appoint a supreme court justice that isn't a lefty.  With Hillary we know she'll appoint lefties.  But then once the democrats take the senate all supremes appointed by Trump will be left anyway.  So at best we get one possible conservative on the supreme court.

« Last Edit: May 07, 2016, 02:49:48 pm by For-Q-Clinton »

Offline NavyCanDo

« Reply #18 on: May 07, 2016, 03:06:25 pm »
This Republican voter for 40 years last night tore up my Primary ballot.  I have never done something like that even on off-year elections - and I feel good about it.   I will not vote for this clown, and I will not give up my conservative values which center is still  "smaller government".

A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #19 on: May 07, 2016, 03:08:25 pm »
Trump's enemies will never grasp the concept of going after every possible vote.

Do they think he's not aware of #nevertrump?  Not aware the Bush family won't endorse him?  That Romney is actively working against him?

Coming on a lot of these Trump-bashing threads today is like visiting the zoo...where one can observe the predators behind the glass.

"He's changed his mind!  SEE?  He's a liar and a snake and can't be trusted!"

You anti-Trump folks need to focus on the doughnut instead of the hole.   

Since Trump is very flexible in his policies (he's already flipped on two major issues), and Trump says this is about a person and not a party or policies, why should we back Trump?

Hillary is certainly no more despicable than Trump is; in fact, to me, Trump is worse. He's unstable, has stream-of-consciousness speeches in which he is BOUND to reveal top secret information when he starts getting CIA briefings, and is much more crude and vulgar than Hillary is.

So I see no difference between the two. Not in the least.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline Mechanicos

« Reply #20 on: May 07, 2016, 03:10:06 pm »
Late me take the last one first.  Trump is not fighting for Freedom and liberty.  He's fighting for power so he can make America great again (as he see's it).
Hillary will not confiscate all weapons.  Those are scare tactics. More realistically more weapons restrictions and ammo taxes (not that I like that either but just keeping it real).

But Trump or Hillary that is an interesting question.

With Hillary we have a chance that the GOP will grow a pair and learn how to be an opposition party and really use their power to shut it down.  I know it's unlikely but it may be better than the alternative.

With Trump we have no opposition party.  He will take the country left... the Democrats will win the House and Senate and then Trump will negotiate with the left for more lefty agenda items to pass.

About the only good thing about Trump is that he *may* appoint a supreme court justice that isn't a lefty.  With Hillary we know she'll appoint lefties.  But then once the democrats take the senate all supremes appointed by Trump will be left anyway.  So at best we get one possible conservative on the supreme court.
You forgot the judges, We are one USSC ruling away from the 2nd being held a collective right. She may not on her own, its the courts she sets up will move to confiscate guns.

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #21 on: May 07, 2016, 03:28:11 pm »
You forgot the judges, We are one USSC ruling away from the 2nd being held a collective right. She may not on her own, its the courts she sets up will move to confiscate guns.

There is nothing other than Trump's word that his SC nominees would be different from Hillary's. 

And there is simply no reason to believe him.

Offline NavyCanDo

« Reply #22 on: May 07, 2016, 03:30:32 pm »

Read it again, judges were not forgotten and For-Q-Clinton spelled out the probem quite clearly. We are very likely to lose the Senate, and even if Trump were to nominate a strong conservative, as Bush has done, he will have an impossible time getting conformation.  If you think just because Trump is in the oval office you will get what was promised, you are living in a fantasy.
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #23 on: May 07, 2016, 03:44:40 pm »
There is nothing other than Trump's word that his SC nominees would be different from Hillary's. 

And there is simply no reason to believe him.

Buddy...we can't go on like this.

I feel like I'm dealing with Rainman.

...with Tourette Syndrome.    :laugh:

"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #24 on: May 07, 2016, 03:46:27 pm »
Buddy...we can't go on like this.

I feel like I'm dealing with Rainman.

...with Tourette Syndrome.    :laugh:

I see no difference between Trump and Hillary except that Hillary is more stable.