Author Topic: Mike Huckabee Wants Me Out Of The Republican Party, Which Sounds Good  (Read 1152 times)

rangerrebew

Mike Huckabee Wants Me Out Of The Republican Party, Which Sounds Good

Posted By Jim Treacher On 1:34 AM 05/06/2016 In | No Comments

When you think of the future of the Republican Party, what’s the first name that comes to mind?

Go ahead, I’ll give you a minute.

Okay? Well, peasant, if you said anything other than “Mike Huckabee,” you’re wrong. Here’s why. Sam Reisman, Mediaite:

Former GOP candidate Mike Huckabee has come out in loud support of Donald Trump this week and is now blasting any Republicans threatening not to back him…

“When we nominated people over the past several election cycles, some of us had heartburn, but we stepped up and supported the nominee,” he said, and told any Republicans not backing Trump to leave the party. “This isn’t Burger King,” he said. “This is an election. And you don’t get it all the time just like you want it.”

“You’re either on the team, or you’re not on the team,” he added.

Oh.

Okay.

Well, then, I’m not on the team.

[LOOKS LEFT, LOOKS RIGHT, LOOKS UP, LOOKS DOWN]

Um… now what happens, Mike? I can’t hope for an audition with Capitol Offense? You’ll say something mean about me in your next no-selling book? What terrible fate will befall me for daring to defy you?

These guys actually think this is a threat. Oh no, what am I gonna do without my precious Republican Party???

Up yours.

Huckabee. Gingrich. Christie. Jindal. Now, even Perry. These guys are breathing their last gasp of relevance, and they don’t care how much they have to humiliate themselves to scrabble, one last time, for a little bit of power. They make me physically sick to my stomach.

At least a bottom-feeder like Roger Stone doesn’t pretend to be anything more than what he is. Pull up that hairpiece, and you discover it’s just a garbage lid. He’s human vermin. And he’s fine with that. He takes pride in that. He makes his living from that.

But you guys? Really?

I don’t owe you a thing, Mike Huckabee. I don’t owe you a vote for your preferred candidate. I don’t owe you so much as a kind word. I’ve tolerated you and your ilk, because you seemed mostly harmless. Sure, play your little bass guitar on Fox News. Oh ho ho, that’s cute.

But now you’re drawing a line in the sand? You’re telling me it’s your way or the highway? Well then, it’s most definitely the highway. It’s the highway all damn night and day. I’ll take the air and enjoy my freedom, while you kiss the ass of a pumpkin-colored charlatan who has destroyed your political party.

Screw all y’all. What are you gonna do about it?

Article printed from The Daily Caller: http://dailycaller.com

URL to article: http://dailycaller.com/2016/05/06/mike-huckabee-wants-me-out-of-the-republican-party-which-sounds-good/

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
No matter how much you threaten or cajole you cannot force people to support a candidate. Period.

Roscoe Proudfoot

Huckabee is so last year that I had to read this twice before I realized it wasn't about Christie Christie. Who, I might add, carries a damn sight more weight than Huckabee.    :blank:

Offline bob434

i lost tons of respect for huckabee when he came oput and started lambasting anyone who doesn't support the abortion loving, trannie loving universal healthcare advocate, gay rights supporter trump-

Mr Preacher needs to do some soul searching- He's lost his way!

Offline Frank Cannon

“When we nominated people over the past several election cycles, some of us had heartburn, but we stepped up and supported the nominee,” he said, and told any Republicans not backing Trump to leave the party. “This isn’t Burger King,” he said. “This is an election. And you don’t get it all the time just like you want it.”

This is a canard. Romney lost because the base didn't vote for him. Not much of a difference with the base not being interested in Trump.

BTW, isn't Huckabee the dude that had fake callers phone into his failed radio show bashing Rush to get some MSM attention?

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
http://hotair.com/archives/2016/05/06/huckabee-to-nevertrumpers-fall-in-line-or-get-out-of-the-party/
Huckabee to #NeverTrumpers: Fall in line or get out of the party

WOW...he sounds like JR
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline GLarry

http://hotair.com/archives/2016/05/06/huckabee-to-nevertrumpers-fall-in-line-or-get-out-of-the-party/
Huckabee to #NeverTrumpers: Fall in line or get out of the party

WOW...he sounds like JR

Hey!
Thanks to you and whoever invited me over!

Offline EasyAce

• RIP Blue, 2012-2020---my big, gentle friend.
Mike who?

"The question of who is right is a small one, indeed, beside the question of what is right."---Albert Jay Nock.

Fake news---news you don't like or don't want to hear.

Offline roamer_1

Mike Huckabee Wants Me Out Of The Republican Party, Which Sounds Good

So much for Huck's much vaunted Social Conservative credz...

geronl

That was my plan anyway.

Any party that would nominate a freak like Trump, doesn't want my vote.

Offline bob434

Hey!
Thanks to you and whoever invited me over!

Hey GLarry- I am also a recent refugee from FR- I still go there to read through all the headlines- but really, there isn't much sense ot now because the pages are filled with nothing but "So and So endorses trump' or 'trump lambastes elizabeth warren' or 'GOP deathly afraid f trump'-  The stinkin mob mentality on FR now is insufferable! now-
« Last Edit: May 08, 2016, 04:32:49 am by bob434 »

Offline bob434

This is a canard. Romney lost because the base didn't vote for him. Not much of a difference with the base not being interested in Trump.

And that is precisely the problem- trump supporters apparently arent' smart enough to realize they are backing the wrong horse by pushing him- The base is not there- Republicans will lose again most likely- Yet the nasty trump supporters keep shoving him to the front as though He's going to win by s landslide- I'll tell you what- if it was another democratic contender in  the race- trump's loss would be nearly assured-

What a horrid political period we now live in- I am simply stunned that this country has fallen for his blatant line of BS

Offline bob434

The saddest part is that he will lose to a felon and a serial liar who has no business even running for office- He's losing NY- his home state- to a woman who directly caused the deaths of 4 Americans. lied about the incident for months, and who later angrily said "What difference does it make at this point?"  Like I've said in other threads- what a horrid political season this is- It's absolutely stunning to me that the republican party dumped a true conservative in favor of a wolf in sheep's clothing- Not only do they support htis closet liberal- they get very very angry at anyone who doesn't support him-

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
My other online community is a sports board, and it has a politics sub-forum with posters across the political spectrum, we disagree about almost everything, except that Trump v. Hillary is an election in which we all lose.

It'd be nice for all the disaffected voters of that election to settle on a single third party candidate like the libertarian and go with him/her.

Offline EasyAce

• RIP Blue, 2012-2020---my big, gentle friend.
On the morning of January 28, 2007, Mike Huckabee went on NBC's Meet
the Press to announce he was running for president of the United States. It was a
bold move for an undistinguished former governor of Arkansas, best known for losing
110 pounds in office and writing about it in a book called
Quit Digging Your Grave
with a Knife and a Fork. Bolder still was Huckabee's rationale for seeking the nation's
highest office. He had decided to run, he told host Tim Russert, because "America
needs positive, optimistic leadership to kind of turn this country around, to
see a
revival of our national soul."

Huckabee wasn't the only candidate to wax messianic about the president's role. His
fellow contestants in 2008 also seemed to think they were applying for the job of
national saviour. Senator John McCain invoked Teddy Roosevelt as a role model, noting
that TR "liberally interpreted the constitutional authority of the office," and "nourished
the soul of a great nation. Senator Barack Obama ran on "the audacity of hope," a
phrase connoting the the eternal promise of redemption through presidential politics
(is "audacity" the right word for that kind of hope?). For her part, Hillary Clinton seemed
to see the president as the lone figure who could restore a sense of purpose to
American life: as she put it in May 2007, "When I ask people, 'What do you think the
goals are of America today?' people don't have any idea. We don't know what we're
trying to achieve. And I think that in life or in a country you've got to have some goals."

The man they hoped to succeed, George W. Bush . . . made clear on any number of
occasions just how broadly he views the presidency . . . The president as described
by George W. Bush was no mere constitutional officer charged with faithful execution
of the laws---he was a
soul toucher, a hope bringer, a luminary who carried with
him the prayers and concerns of the American people---not to mention plenty of
federal aid . . .

Neither Left nor Right sees the president as the Framers saw him: a constitutionally
constrained chief executive with an important, but limited job: to defend the country
when attacked, check Congress when it violates the Constitution, enforce the law---
and little else. Today, for conservatives as well as for liberals, it is the president's job
to protect us from harm, to "grow the economy," to spread American ideals and
democracy abroad, and even to heal spiritual malaise---whether it takes the form of
a "sleeping sickness of the soul," as Hillary Clinton would have it, or an "if it feels
good, do it" ethic as diagnosed by George W. Bush.

Few Americans find anything amiss in the notion that it is the president's duty to
solve all national problems and to unite us all in the service of a higher calling.
The vision of the president as the national guardian and redeemer is so ubiquitous
that it goes unnoticed.

---Gene Healy, from The Cult of the Presidency: America's Dangerous Devotion
to Executive Power
/ (Washington: Cato Institute, 2009.)

That, folks, was how Mr. Healy began his book. With a note that Mike Schmuckabee
was essentially running not for the presidency but for the throne, the saviourship.
Perhaps it's hardly a surprise that Schmuckabee is going tooth, fang, and claw for
someone such as Donaldus Minimus, who likewise shows little to no indication that
he sees the presidency as anything less than his own kind of national redeemer.
(You could say likewise for some if not many of the types flocking to Hilarious
Rodent Clinton---she has seen nothing if not the presidency as a queenship, after
all.)

"The question of who is right is a small one, indeed, beside the question of what is right."---Albert Jay Nock.

Fake news---news you don't like or don't want to hear.