Author Topic: Trump: I’ll meet with Ryan soon to get him on board  (Read 866 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Trump: I’ll meet with Ryan soon to get him on board
« on: May 06, 2016, 03:37:48 pm »
http://hotair.com/archives/2016/05/06/trump-ill-meet-with-ryan-soon-to-get-him-on-board/

Trump: I’ll meet with Ryan soon to get him on board
posted at 10:01 am on May 6, 2016 by Ed Morrissey

Maybe Sean Hannity can get these kids together again, eh? Donald Trump told Fox and Friends this morning that he and Paul Ryan will meet next week to discuss party unity and Ryan’s trepidation in supporting him. First, though, Trump tweaked Ryan for not getting behind the presumptive nominee, and that “he was the only one that was surprising.” Noting that Ryan and Mitt Romney lost a winnable race in 2012, Trump wondered why Ryan doesn’t grasp the need for unity now (via Twitchy):

continued
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Re: Trump: I’ll meet with Ryan soon to get him on board
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2016, 03:38:22 pm »
I hope they can come together...
Support the USO

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2016, 03:42:37 pm »
I hope they can come together...

I think Trump will do the right thing for what it takes to unify the party.  Reince Priebus - someone I am not a fan of - said something I agree with, that without party unity, we cannot win.  Trump knows that and he has always known that and it has been included in the equation all along. 

Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2016, 03:48:25 pm »
I think Trump will do the right thing for what it takes to unify the party.  Reince Priebus - someone I am not a fan of - said something I agree with, that without party unity, we cannot win.  Trump knows that and he has always known that and it has been included in the equation all along.

Ryan is looking out for the long-term.  Trump only cares about himself and November. 

If Trump refuses to cool his rhetoric, do away with the bigotry and call out the racists who are supporting him, then Ryan should simply stay silent.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2016, 03:54:38 pm »
Trump most likely will be president....He and Ryan need to work it out or we will never get anything done in Congress...
Support the USO

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2016, 04:00:45 pm »
It's going to be a nightmare when the press goes from wanting to get ratings, to being in the tank for Hillary.

We ain't seen nothing yet!
Support the USO

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #6 on: May 06, 2016, 04:14:39 pm »
I would agree that he honestly wishes to do that.  But I don't believe he is capable of doing so, because I believe he is incapable of not saying stupid things that will keep alienating people.

His comment about Ted Cruz' father was really illuminating.  He was asked why he said it, and he said "well, he was saying bad things about me."  And then after trying to walk it back, he then -- in the same interview -- basically reiterated what he said.   That's a real problem -- how often have you heard the guy actually say he was wrong, or apologize?  When pressed, he'll start walking things back, get agitated, and end up doubling down on the thing for which he almost apologized.

Every Presidential nominee has bad things said about him -- it comes with the territory.  And if Trump's emotionalism/temper can be triggered that easily...he's going to be the gift that never stops giving to the Democrats.  Things we've all forgotten about -- like his comment about McCain's war service -- are going to be replayed.  And he'll get defensive, and instead of apologizing will double down by repeating it....

It's going to be a nightmare when the press goes from wanting to get ratings, to being in the tank for Hillary.

Trump's temperament is explosive.  He can't STAND any criticism, especially if it implies that he is somehow deficient in some area.

Look at how long he carried the "small hands" thing in his craw. Hell, he brought it up in the third debate and told the New York Times "I can't have people thinking I have a problem down there."  If Hillary's people are smart, they'll work that into every other negative campaign ad.  It will irritate the hell out of Trump, take him off message, and guarantee he'll say something stupid and embarrassing. 

Trump could care less if you attack his policies because, frankly, he doesn't care about them either.  But attack him personally?  Solid gold.

Offline don-o

• Worldview Moderator
  • FR Class of '98
« Reply #7 on: May 06, 2016, 04:21:00 pm »
I would agree that he honestly wishes to do that.  But I don't believe he is capable of doing so, because I believe he is incapable of not saying stupid things that will keep alienating people.

His comment about Ted Cruz' father was really illuminating.  He was asked why he said it, and he said "well, he was saying bad things about me."  And then after trying to walk it back, he then -- in the same interview -- basically reiterated what he said.   That's a real problem -- how often have you heard the guy actually say he was wrong, or apologize?  When pressed, he'll start walking things back, get agitated, and end up doubling down on the thing for which he almost apologized.

Every Presidential nominee has bad things said about him -- it comes with the territory.  And if Trump's emotionalism/temper can be triggered that easily...he's going to be the gift that never stops giving to the Democrats.  Things we've all forgotten about -- like his comment about McCain's war service -- are going to be replayed.  And he'll get defensive, and instead of apologizing will double down by repeating it....

WOW! You actually listen to Trump's actual words and explain in plain English what his babbling actually means. They reveal deep character flaws that must be pointed out in not uncertain terms.

Offline don-o

• Worldview Moderator
  • FR Class of '98
« Reply #8 on: May 06, 2016, 04:24:50 pm »

Trump could care less if you attack his policies because, frankly, he doesn't care about them either.  But attack him personally?  Solid gold.

It's "could NOT care less."

Past few days, I'm hearing that expressed wrongly over and over.

Thank me.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #9 on: May 06, 2016, 04:27:47 pm »

Not winning is a forgone conclusion with Trump as the party nominee!

And the national Republican Party will suffer greatly as a result of that as well!

My money and I are GONE the instant they name Trump the nominee of the party and I WILL NOT be alone!

« Last Edit: May 06, 2016, 04:28:27 pm by Bigun »
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #10 on: May 06, 2016, 04:29:17 pm »
We ain't seen nothing yet!

EXACTLY right!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #11 on: May 06, 2016, 04:32:06 pm »

It's "could NOT care less."

Past few days, I'm hearing that expressed wrongly over and over.

Thank me.

This is not to say that the people who grouse over the illogic of could care less are wrong, nor are we saying that the phrase is appropriate in formal writing or that it’s better than couldn’t care less (which is in no danger—it remains the more common expression even in the U.S.). But the phrase is entrenched in the language and isn’t going away, so we might as well get used to hearing it.

http://grammarist.com/usage/could-care-less/

Thanks for the correction, don-o, but, like "fat chance" and "slim chance" mean the same thing, so the phrase I used will be around.  I will probably change, though it's such a habit, maybe not. 
« Last Edit: May 06, 2016, 04:37:37 pm by sinkspur »

Wingnut

« Reply #12 on: May 06, 2016, 05:15:28 pm »
Trump most likely will be president....He and Ryan need to work it out or we will never get anything done in Congress...

Damn Nancy.  They got to you too.   They turned you to to ...the Dark Side.

It's a sad day.... :blank:
« Last Edit: May 06, 2016, 05:15:56 pm by Wingnut »

Offline Gov Bean Counter

« Reply #13 on: May 06, 2016, 11:34:45 pm »
What's going to do, introduce him to a real life Luca Brasi???
Donald Trump - Simple solutions for the simple minded...

Offline Gov Bean Counter

« Reply #14 on: May 06, 2016, 11:36:30 pm »
The democrat strategists aren't stupid.  They're going to have a laundry list of Trump's statements lined up for those debates, and when Trump does after Hillary, she'll start launching them and Trump will lose his cool.  McCain will be a failed coward, Cruz's dad will have assassinated JFK himself, and Carly Fiorina will be lucky that any man can stand to be around her.   

Trump cannot help himself, and his own words will doom his campaign.  Then he and his supporters will be blame it on the GOP-E and the media, instead of putting the blame where it belongs.

I fully expect the debate mods to cut his mic if he starts talking over Hillary...
Donald Trump - Simple solutions for the simple minded...