Author Topic: The War on Trump Supporters Must Stop  (Read 23604 times)

Offline GrouchoTex

Re: The War on Trump Supporters Must Stop
« Reply #75 on: May 07, 2016, 03:18:12 am »
I absolutely agree!  It's as if Ted's still in the race and they don't know they won!   :pondering:
Someone may want to tell their leader that he is running against Hillary now. I heard he spoke in Need ebraska today. The report I read said he talk about the Chinese. Then he attacked Repulicans for not falling in line. For 20 minutes, he didn't mention Hillary. I don't know oh he ever did.
It lends to the theory that he has just been put in place to run interference for Hillary.
That would be terrible, but it sure is weird to see how he is acting.

Offline GrouchoTex

« Reply #76 on: May 07, 2016, 03:27:57 am »
If there is wreckage, it will be on your head. Anyone willing to let Hillary appoint 3-4 liberal justices by not supporting the GOP's nominee...gets what they deserve. An epic disaster.

If you had your way, and Ted Cruz had his, the party would shrivel to a few "righteous" evangelists, some toothless bubbas in the deep south and some folks holding out in old homes around the country. Good plan.
I'm sure you all didn't complain too loudly when all those "toothless Bubbas" handed Trump the Deep South on Super Tuesday. Now, you are even going after your own Trump supporters!
I would advise that you should go easy on the toothless bubba / evangelical stuff. You are going to need all their votes again, if you don't manage to them off, also.

Offline GrouchoTex

« Reply #77 on: May 07, 2016, 03:41:16 am »
No, its simply because its true. Had Cruz won and all the Trump people stayed home or voted Hillary...same result. When Republicans are too stupid to unite behind their own nominee, they lose...and it is ALWAYS the fault of those who fail to rally. This is simple stuff, surprised some can't comprehend the obvious.

Now we are"too stupid"?
We lose when we nominated moderates.
When was someone who ran as a conservative and got the nomination, actually lost?
Moderates Ford, Dole, McCain, and Romney lost.
Now moderate Trumps odds are.........

A-Lert

« Reply #78 on: May 07, 2016, 03:42:40 am »
Someone may want to tell their leader that he is running against Hillary now. I heard he spoke in Need ebraska today. The report I read said he talk about the Chinese. Then he attacked Repulicans for not falling in line. For 20 minutes, he didn't mention Hillary. I don't know oh he ever did.
It lends to the theory that he has just been put in place to run interference for Hillary.

http://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box/presidential-races/279065-nebraska-governor-backs-trump

Nebraska Gov. Pete Ricketts is throwing his support behind presumptive presidential nominee Donald Trump, saying the Republican Party needs to unite behind the candidate.

“It is time now that we as Republicans come together and support our nominee for president,” Ricketts said at a Trump rally in Omaha, Neb., on Friday.

Ricketts was widely expected to endorse Trump Friday despite his family’s active support for an anti-Trump PAC. The Ricketts family, which owns the Chicago Cubs baseball team, donated at least $5.5 million to a PAC created to take down the businessman.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #79 on: May 07, 2016, 03:43:59 am »

Out of the abundance of the heart, the mouth speaks.

Obviously Il Duce and his Squadrisi demand loyalty oaths or there will be endless rantings to drum up foam-at-the-mouth hatred against all those who refuse to get in line to bend the knee.

As such t makes absolutely no difference whether it's The Mao Pantsuit or Il Duce Trump who occupies the Throne come next January - they are both of the same ideology.

In a post-Fascist velvet coup whereupon we now sit, everything we are witnessing is simply more proof that the Republic is dead and gone.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

A-Lert

« Reply #80 on: May 07, 2016, 03:47:05 am »
Now we are"too stupid"?
We lose when we nominated moderates.
When was someone who ran as a conservative and got the nomination, actually lost?
Moderates Ford, Dole, McCain, and Romney lost.
Now moderate Trumps odds are.........

What did Ford, Dole, McCain and Romney all have in common? They all lacked passion, energy, enthusiasm anf fire in the belly for the fight. That's what separates Trump from the other candidates.

A-Lert

« Reply #81 on: May 07, 2016, 03:51:21 am »
Out of the abundance of the heart, the mouth speaks.

Obviously Il Duce and his Squadrisi demand loyalty oaths or there will be endless rantings to drum up foam-at-the-mouth hatred against all those who refuse to get in line to bend the knee.

Like this?

Donald Trump signs RNC loyalty pledge -...
    www.cnn.com/.../donald-trump-2016-rnc-pledge.../index.html

Sep 02, 2015 · New York (CNN)Donald Trump has signed the pledge. The Repub

Offline GrouchoTex

« Reply #82 on: May 07, 2016, 03:58:01 am »
What did Ford, Dole, McCain and Romney all have in common? They all lacked passion, energy, enthusiasm anf fire in the belly for the fight. That's what separates Trump from the other candidates.
Okay, that's a good point, but I still think he will need to convince the conservative base that he will not walk away from them, or he won't win, IMO.

A-Lert

« Reply #83 on: May 07, 2016, 04:10:16 am »
Okay, that's a good point, but I still think he will need to convince the conservative base that he will not walk away from them, or he won't win, IMO.

How exactly can he convince those who despise him? He signed the GOP pledge. He has endorsements from plenty of credible conservatives who are shredded by the neverTrumps for supporting him.

Offline GrouchoTex

« Reply #84 on: May 07, 2016, 04:31:11 am »
How exactly can he convince those who despise him? He signed the GOP pledge. He has endorsements from plenty of credible conservatives who are shredded by the neverTrumps for supporting him.
I do not know anyone who is shredding Jeff Sessions, who is the most prominent conservative I can think of that supports Trump.Baffled by it, maybe, but not shredding him for it.
I wasn't really referring to the endorsements, but the voters.
Trump needs to still "earn" the vote of those who haven't voted for him yet.
Me included.
Any candidate would, in any race for any office.
He just doesn't get the vote automatically  just because he won the primary.
Now, the real work begins......

Offline montanajoe

« Reply #85 on: May 07, 2016, 04:35:47 am »

I will not support Trump under any circumstances so feel free to disregard my opinion but in answer to your question, if he really wanted to unite the party around the nominee he should release all the delegates committed to him on the first ballot and let the chips fall where they may. In essence giving the GOP the contested convention many hoped for.

A-Lert

« Reply #86 on: May 07, 2016, 04:55:00 am »
I do not know anyone who is shredding Jeff Sessions, who is the most prominent conservative I can think of that supports Trump.Baffled by it, maybe, but not shredding him for it.
I wasn't really referring to the endorsements, but the voters.
Trump needs to still "earn" the vote of those who haven't voted for him yet.
Me included.
Any candidate would, in any race for any office.
He just doesn't get the vote automatically  just because he won the primary.
Now, the real work begins......

It happened right here on this forum.  Republicans are   denigrated if  they endorse or say they  support Trump. It started with Christie, then Dr. Carson. It was ugly.

Offline GrouchoTex

« Reply #87 on: May 07, 2016, 05:02:29 am »
This.  A thousand times.

But the truth seems to be that he has no interest in that.  If you're currently leaning against voting for him, then you're a disloyal punk, and he doesn't need you.  That seems to be his attitude, anyway, because I have yet to hear him say a single thing of substance that would actually help bring the party together.

I cannot disagree with you.
I was a Cruz supporter.
I would like to believe Trump would want my vote, but he sure hasn't come out with anything that's convinced me that he does.
Stop Hillary? Okay, but I 'd really like something to vote for like the Constitution.
All I have today something to vote against, Hillary.
Sorry, but that's just not enough.

Offline GrouchoTex

« Reply #88 on: May 07, 2016, 05:11:33 am »
It happened right here on this forum.  Republicans are   denigrated if  they endorse or say they  support Trump. It started with Christie, then Dr. Carson. It was ugly.
I saw anyone who supported Cruz called out as well, "establishment sellout, etc..."
I had to laugh.
Still my point was, the party leaders can bash each other all they want, but Trump needs the actual conservative voter base to win. He still needs to win them over. He still needs to earn their vote and their trust. He will lose if he cannot do that. He hasn't shown me that he can or wants to, but it is 6 months until November. He still may.

Offline GrouchoTex

« Reply #89 on: May 07, 2016, 05:23:52 am »

As such t makes absolutely no difference whether it's The Mao Pantsuit or Il Duce Trump who occupies the Throne come next January - they are both of the same ideology.

In a post-Fascist velvet coup whereupon we now sit, everything we are witnessing is simply more proof that the Republic is dead and gone.

I pray you are wrong, and, at the same time, fear you are right.

Still, I can't give up. I won't give up.

A-Lert

« Reply #90 on: May 07, 2016, 05:27:47 am »
I saw anyone who supported Cruz called out as well, "establishment sellout, etc..."
I had to laugh.
Still my point was, the party leaders can bash each other all they want, but Trump needs the actual conservative voter base to win. He still needs to win them over. He still needs to earn their vote and their trust. He will lose if he cannot do that. He hasn't shown me that he can or wants to, but it is 6 months until November. He still may.

May I ask what your primary concerns are in the upcoming election? For instance; the $19 trillion debt? Border security, trade deficits, military preparedness, etc. Anyone else that would like to jump in, please do.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #91 on: May 07, 2016, 05:53:09 am »
I pray you are wrong, and, at the same time, fear you are right.

Still, I can't give up. I won't give up.

It's going to require far more than the majority of most are willing to risk in order to resist where we have arrived as a country.

You cannot stop tyrants via civil means in a wholesale corrupted system.

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #92 on: May 07, 2016, 05:55:20 am »
May I ask what your primary concerns are in the upcoming election? For instance; the $19 trillion debt? Border security, trade deficits, military preparedness, etc. Anyone else that would like to jump in, please do.

How about the Constitution and  a return to Federalism?  Not a peep about that from the King Presumptive.  Not once.

A-Lert

« Reply #93 on: May 07, 2016, 06:01:31 am »
How about the Constitution and  a return to Federalism?  Not a peep about that from the King Presumptive.  Not once.

Specifically?

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #94 on: May 07, 2016, 06:10:33 am »
Specifically?

The Constitution and Federalism…. specifically.

The king presumptive does not mention them.

In fact,

I do not recall him ever mentioning the Constitution at all in this campaign.

Not once.

« Last Edit: May 07, 2016, 06:11:05 am by INVAR »

A-Lert

« Reply #95 on: May 07, 2016, 06:49:01 am »
The Constitution and Federalism…. specifically.

The king presumptive does not mention them.

In fact,

I do not recall him ever mentioning the Constitution at all in this campaign.

Not once.

Have you heard any candidate mention the Constitution and Federalism? Trump wants to eliminate or strictly curtail the power of the DOE and EPA. Put the states in charge of education. Supports  the 2nd Amendment and concealed carry reciprocity.

Offline kidd

« Reply #96 on: May 07, 2016, 07:18:52 am »
Oh, please. War on Trump supporters?

You're trying to peddle that crap in the wrong place: the adopted home of dozens, if not hundreds of exiled, ex-free republic members who were hounded out of that website by the poop-flinging flying monkey brigade of Trump supporters
Bingo
 :amen:

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #97 on: May 07, 2016, 09:44:03 am »
I sometimes wonder how many of the Trump supporters on here have read "Art of the Deal." Because they are about as persuasive as a wrecking ball at the moment.

Seriously - "You must?" When talking to a bunch of cantankerous, ornery, touchy conservatives, most of whom you KNOW have rejected groupthink (since they are, you know, HERE!).
Only one I see making ANY sort of sense here is A-Lert. (I know, I actually said that? Must be a touch of fever.) He's at least trying to sell the Donald on his features. The rest of you, stop dictating. You have zero right to another persons vote - you're not Democrats and they aren't dead. You only cast your guy, whom has all the hallmarks of a dictator-in-waiting, in your own light by your actions.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2016, 09:44:55 am by EC »
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Online Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #98 on: May 07, 2016, 10:57:04 am »
I sometimes wonder how many of the Trump supporters on here have read "Art of the Deal." Because they are about as persuasive as a wrecking ball at the moment.

Seriously - "You must?" When talking to a bunch of cantankerous, ornery, touchy conservatives, most of whom you KNOW have rejected groupthink (since they are, you know, HERE!). Only one I see making ANY sort of sense here is A-Lert. (I know, I actually said that? Must be a touch of fever.) He's at least trying to sell the Donald on his features.

The rest of you, stop dictating. You have zero right to another persons vote - you're not Democrats and they aren't dead. You only cast your guy, whom has all the hallmarks of a dictator-in-waiting, in your own light by your actions.

From the circular logic of your post, methinks what you want is an end to the adolescent group think around here and a return of substance.

Drop the "never" means "NEVER!" and control the impulse to lash out and watch what happens.

« Last Edit: May 07, 2016, 11:00:31 am by Right_in_Virginia »

Offline libertybele

« Reply #99 on: May 07, 2016, 11:11:50 am »
The war on trump must be intensified. trump is the worst possible choice to be placed in the highest position of power for our country.

:amen:  The list of anti-Trump supporters (including prominent members of the GOP, media, military, clergy, etc.) is growing.  Giving an out of control orange orangutan control over our country is absolutely insane! 

#NEVERTrump
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.