Author Topic: The War on Trump Supporters Must Stop  (Read 24008 times)

Offline montanajoe

Re: The War on Trump Supporters Must Stop
« Reply #350 on: May 09, 2016, 06:06:22 pm »
THE NEW GOP
‏@NegativeAlpha_

Good news! We are filing a lawsuit against twitter to get #nevertrump banned under hate speech. Not a joke. Ill keep you updated.

:facepalm2: Can't see this going far. Courts generally would view this is political speech protected under the 1st Amendment, but there might be some lefty lower court judge out there who would side with Trump.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #351 on: May 09, 2016, 06:06:41 pm »
Loaded with strawmen and non-sequiturs there,  LB.

Who here says ragging on Trump for all your above reasons is "unacceptable"?   That's a riot!   :laugh:

Dropping to one's knees in prayer is not what we're talking about here.   I believe in prayer and depended on God's Grace in here for two of my children.  Couldn't have gotten thru it without it.

But there's a reason why we don't have a Religion/Faith Board here.   We've got firsthand experience in that.

If mentioning Christian principles, Christ and the bible is verboten here on this board, then this is not a board for Conservatives who are Christians then.

None of us are discussing doctrine or catechism, we are discussing current events through the prism of our faith.  If that is a problem for you and the board and policy forbids it - let us know now.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #352 on: May 09, 2016, 06:12:54 pm »
I haven't read the other replies on this thread, so I apologize in advance if someone has already made this point: in order for the "war on Trump supporters" to stop, the Trump supporters have to stop preemptively lobbing Molotov cocktails at conservatives. 
« Last Edit: May 09, 2016, 06:13:20 pm by Sanguine »

Offline ArneFufkin

« Reply #353 on: May 09, 2016, 06:13:44 pm »
That is idiocy.

Sure, the majority of Hispanics will vote Democrat.  No argument there.  But the percentage of Hispanic votes is going to be somewhere between 20-35% for a Republican Presidential candidate, and 65%-80% for a Democrat.  In a closely divided election, especially in key states like Colorado and Florida where Hispanic voters are a big part of the electorate, the difference between 20% and 35% for a Republican candidate may be the difference between winning and losing the election.

You saying that even 0% means that "Trump loses nothing" just confirms the stereotype of unthinking, emotional, etc. Trump supporters that your initial post attempted to refute.

Here's the Hispanic vote breakdown over the last eight election cycles.   The Trump approach that "Hispanics will all vote Democrat and we lose nothing by alienating them"  is patently false.

1980 Jimmy Carter, 56% Ronald Reagan, 35% +21
1984 Walter Mondale, 61% Ronald Reagan, 37% +24
1988 Michael Dukakis, 69% George H.W. Bush, 30% +39
1992 Bill Clinton, 61% George H.W. Bush, 25% +36
1996 Bill Clinton, 72% Bob Dole, 21% +51
2000 Al Gore, 62% George W. Bush, 35% +27
2004 John Kerry, 58% George W. Bush, 40% +18
2008 Barack Obama, 67% John McCain, 31% +36
2012 Barack Obama, 71% Mitt Romney, 27% +44

http://latinovotematters.org/stats/
« Last Edit: May 09, 2016, 06:14:32 pm by ArneFufkin »

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #354 on: May 09, 2016, 06:14:30 pm »
If mentioning Christian principles, Christ and the bible is verboten here on this board, then this is not a board for Conservatives who are Christians then.

None of us are discussing doctrine or catechism, we are discussing current events through the prism of our faith.  If that is a problem for you and the board and policy forbids it - let us know now.

Lighten up Francis.

YOU started this by bringing religion into a thread about the need for the War on Trump Supporters to cease.

"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #355 on: May 09, 2016, 06:14:55 pm »

It never has been an anti-Christian board.  Not sure where that came from.

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #356 on: May 09, 2016, 06:23:41 pm »

He's inventing it....just like you invent the concept that Trump Haters only 'react' when a Trump Supporter gives them a reason.   :whistle:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Wingnut

« Reply #357 on: May 09, 2016, 06:27:27 pm »
He's inventing it....just like you invent the concept that Trump Haters only 'react' when a Trump Supporter gives them a reason.   :whistle:

Hey, DC....did you see the Tigers are playing the Nats tonight in DC.  Should be a good one.  Swear to God! :0001:
 :seeya:
« Last Edit: May 09, 2016, 06:28:12 pm by Wingnut »

Offline Idaho_Cowboy

• Ride for the Brand - Joshua 24:15
« Reply #358 on: May 09, 2016, 06:29:17 pm »
... Put the states in charge of education. ...
“In your opinion, what are the top three functions of the United States government?” an attendee (at a town hall) asked the billionaire.

Trump said the “greatest function of all by far” is security.

“I would also say health care, education,” he added.

Source: http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2016/03/30/see-how-trump-answers-when-asked-to-name-the-top-three-functions-of-the-federal-government/

“The way I see it, every time a man gets up in the morning he starts his life over. Sure, the bills are there to pay, and the job is there to do, but you don't have to stay in a pattern. You can always start over, saddle a fresh horse and take another trail.” ― Louis L'Amour

Offline Idaho_Cowboy

« Reply #359 on: May 09, 2016, 06:31:41 pm »
I haven't read the other replies on this thread, so I apologize in advance if someone has already made this point: in order for the "war on Trump supporters" to stop, the Trump supporters have to stop preemptively lobbing Molotov cocktails at conservatives.
But these are the best Molotov cocktails out there. They are yuge. I negotiated a great deal with Trump Vodka!
“The way I see it, every time a man gets up in the morning he starts his life over. Sure, the bills are there to pay, and the job is there to do, but you don't have to stay in a pattern. You can always start over, saddle a fresh horse and take another trail.” ― Louis L'Amour

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #360 on: May 09, 2016, 06:33:39 pm »
But these are the best Molotov cocktails out there. They are yuge. I negotiated a great deal with Trump Vodka!

LOL.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #361 on: May 09, 2016, 06:34:53 pm »
Lighten up Francis.

YOU started this by bringing religion into a thread about the need for the War on Trump Supporters to cease.

"Started this"?????  Because in your estimation bringing "religion" into a thread is a BAD thing?

Amazing how quickly people discard and consider offensive and non-applicable, the very morality and principles that would support the intent of the OP.

No wonder we suffer the tyranny of men.

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #362 on: May 09, 2016, 06:38:02 pm »

I asked for clarification based on DC Patriots assertion that "there's a reason why we don't have a Religion/Faith Board here.   We've got firsthand experience in that".

I merely asked if mentioning biblical and Christian principles was verboten here according to his statement that there is no religion/faith board here for a reason.

That's where that query came from.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #363 on: May 09, 2016, 06:41:46 pm »
I asked for clarification based on DC Patriots assertion that "there's a reason why we don't have a Religion/Faith Board here.   We've got firsthand experience in that".

I merely asked if mentioning biblical and Christian principles was verboten here according to his statement that there is no religion/faith board here for a reason.

That's where that query came from.

Invar, sorry, but I didn't see the comment your were replying to.  I see it now.

I use the "ignore list" because sometimes it's just not worth it.  If a person seems to be more interested in agitating than discussion, communication, exchange of information, teaching and learning, I find it just makes sense for me to put them on ignore.  It's not perfect, and I'm sure I sometimes do miss things that could possibly be worthwhile, but there's so much other worthwhile stuff out there to read, the ones I miss probably aren't worth it. 

Offline Mechanicos

« Reply #364 on: May 09, 2016, 06:46:09 pm »
As the election results show Trump supporters are mostly conservatives and Christians. Cruz did not win either of those demographics. So his devotes have no claim to that title exclusively.
Trump is for America First.
"Crooked Hillary Clinton is the Secretary of the Status Quo – and wherever Hillary Clinton goes, corruption and scandal follow." D. Trump 7/11/16

Did you know that the word ‘gullible’ is not in the dictionary?

Isaiah 54:17

Offline Mechanicos

« Reply #365 on: May 09, 2016, 06:52:22 pm »
“In your opinion, what are the top three functions of the United States government?” an attendee (at a town hall) asked the billionaire.

Source: http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2016/03/30/see-how-trump-answers-when-asked-to-name-the-top-three-functions-of-the-federal-government/
2 dishonest things in that propaganda. The First 3 things he said was Security. Then the question did not say Federal anywhere it said US Government which in grade school was taught to be the United States Government which includes all 50 States government. We do not have one central government yet. And both split the functions of government.
Trump is for America First.
"Crooked Hillary Clinton is the Secretary of the Status Quo – and wherever Hillary Clinton goes, corruption and scandal follow." D. Trump 7/11/16

Did you know that the word ‘gullible’ is not in the dictionary?

Isaiah 54:17

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #366 on: May 09, 2016, 07:02:06 pm »
Then the question did not say Federal anywhere it said US Government which in grade school was taught to be the United States Government which includes all 50 States government.

BS.  Even a fifth grader knows that 'US Government' and 'Federal Government' are the same thing.  But then Donald Trump couldn't pass a fifth grade civics test.  So as it pertains to Trump, you may be correct.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #367 on: May 09, 2016, 07:08:11 pm »
As the election results show Trump supporters are mostly conservatives and Christians. Cruz did not win either of those demographics. So his devotes have no claim to that title exclusively.

Ummm, Trump didn't "win" them either.  Some of them voted for DT, some for Cruz and some for Kasich.

Offline Idaho_Cowboy

« Reply #368 on: May 09, 2016, 07:08:22 pm »
2 dishonest things in that propaganda. The First 3 things he said was Security. Then the question did not say Federal anywhere it said US Government which in grade school was taught to be the United States Government which includes all 50 States government. We do not have one central government yet. And both split the functions of government.
I didn't do anything but bold a word. Ya'll interpreted it. Don't see how a direct quote is propaganda. Me thinks thou dost protest too much. :whistle:

I'm not sure Donny-come-lately understands the ten amendment well enough to make that distinction; especially since he's not running for governor.

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #369 on: May 09, 2016, 07:09:33 pm »
As the election results show Trump supporters are mostly conservatives and Christians.

The election results show no such thing.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #370 on: May 09, 2016, 07:10:17 pm »

Nope, that's not what he said:

Moderator Anderson Cooper pressed him on his answer.

“So in terms of federal government role, you’re saying security. But you also say health care and education should be provided by the federal government,” Cooper said.

“Those are two of things. Yeah, sure. There are obviously many things. Housing, providing great neighborhood
s,” Trump answered.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2016, 07:10:57 pm by Sanguine »

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #371 on: May 09, 2016, 07:14:14 pm »
These Trump Believers want the Constitution itself scrapped if it impedes Trump's plans.

How are they any different than the Obama drones?

It's no different than the communists and fascists battling in the streets of Berlin in the 1920s.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #372 on: May 09, 2016, 07:15:33 pm »
Invar, sorry, but I didn't see the comment your were replying to.  I see it now.

I use the "ignore list" because sometimes it's just not worth it.  If a person seems to be more interested in agitating than discussion, communication, exchange of information, teaching and learning, I find it just makes sense for me to put them on ignore.  It's not perfect, and I'm sure I sometimes do miss things that could possibly be worthwhile, but there's so much other worthwhile stuff out there to read, the ones I miss probably aren't worth it.

I appreciate the advice, however, I never use an 'ignore' feature.  I simply need to know what the venue's unspoken rules are - because I refuse to submit myself to a contest if the house rules mandate my hands are to be tied and my Art restricted from use.

I have no problem stepping into a combat ring.  Truth be told - I love to fight- both in the tournament meat-world and in the arena of ideas. Truth is a sword, and that is my preferred weapon of choice.  I am not shy in swinging it and decapitating arguments and issues with extreme prejudice.

It causes a lot of heat, and often, a lot of hurt.  But as the Prince of Peace Himself has said: "I come not to bring peace, but a sword".

As the fighting gets more vicious over time in this country and demagoguery incites violence in both word and action - the root cause is at the base level of a people who hate, reject and find offensive any shred of biblical religion being expressed.  Sad, because that was the whole foundation of liberty in this former Republic.

The truth is - mankind hates God and prefers to always make Him into their own images and likeness.  That comment in itself often causes anger, but it is the truth nonetheless.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #373 on: May 09, 2016, 07:18:04 pm »
It's no different than the communists and fascists battling in the streets of Berlin in the 1920s.

I just LOVE IT when brethren know their history!

Because it either repeats or rhymes, often both at the same time.

Of interest to me is the meme and mindsets of the people rather than just the demagoguery of the "candidates". 

I will note that both the Left and Trump are very skilled at that art of demagoguery, inciting base emotions that cause blindness and fever.  That does not bode well at all for our near- future.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2016, 07:19:17 pm by INVAR »

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #374 on: May 09, 2016, 07:27:12 pm »
Because it either repeats or rhymes, often both at the same time.

I LOVE that line. Though my favorite is one from my 8th grade History teacher - "History plays Jazz."
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink