Author Topic: The War on Trump Supporters Must Stop  (Read 24035 times)

Offline MACVSOG68

Re: The War on Trump Supporters Must Stop
« Reply #325 on: May 09, 2016, 02:25:48 am »
Is someone who writes and sounds like Patrick Henry and Jonathan Mayhew in their oratories about liberty, tyranny and duty not welcome here?

Everyone is welcome here to the extent that they show respect and civility towards the other members. 
It's the Supreme Court nominations!

Offline LonestarDream

« Reply #326 on: May 09, 2016, 02:50:47 am »
Well said.  Even the so called deists of the time believed in  a creator that gave us our unalienable rights.  The constitution came after and was built upon the declaration.

Sorry, the Constitution doesn't trump scripture or God's immutable Laws.  Period.

The Secular Document was never supreme to Scripture in the eyes of nearly all the Founders and those of us who Call Christ Lord or Adonai, blessed. 

Our Rights for example, the inalienable ones, do not come from that secular document that directs and restrains government.  They come from the Most High Court  and are not subject to the whims or laws of men.

Our "problems" all stem from the fact that this people are no longer governed by the Most High, and impute their base desires, thoughts and reasonings into the rule of men, whereby tyrants forge their chains because being yoked to God is seen as a big inconvenience.
(?) Trump Realist    (*) Trump believer   (?) Never Trump,   Which are you ?

Offline LonestarDream

« Reply #327 on: May 09, 2016, 02:51:35 am »
The only thing Jefferson pushed was that there should be no official state religion as in the Church of England! And he was EXACTLY right in doing so!

+100

Offline Fantom

« Reply #328 on: May 09, 2016, 02:52:49 am »
You are more than welcome here! Don't get your feathers all ruffled up over nothing!

State your case and be prepared to defend it in a courteous manner.  Nothing more is required.

Or non-courteous manner...but with such respect as can be mustered.

Stay...and carry on.

Those who profess to favor freedom, and yet deprecate agitation, are men who want crops without plowing up the ground, they want rain without thunder and lightning, they want the ocean without the awful roar of its many waters.

Frederick Douglass

Offline LonestarDream

« Reply #329 on: May 09, 2016, 03:05:48 am »
Well said.  But the left, like Obama bemoans the constitution as a charter of 'negative liberties'.  Compare with the EU constitution which confers all sorts of 'positive' rights.

Some of these positive rights often include 'free healthcare'.  Dr Zhivago anyone?

Why must you do what the Left does?  Why must you push a LIE fostered by the godless Left about Jefferson PUSHING for separation of church and state.

He did no such thing.  His letter in 1801 was to answer a request to de-establish an existing church organization, which Jefferson replied correctly and Constitutionally.

But still you do what the Left does. You automatically assert Christians want a theocracy merely because we state where our liberties were based and what principles we are governed by.

I said nothing about placing civil law UNDER a religious banner.

That is your insipid knee-jerk reaction to anything sounding religious Christian or biblical.

The liberties we once had, were rooted in, born to and arose out of the biblical and Christian construct.  They gave BIRTH to the civil laws that protected those liberties from popery and monarchy.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #330 on: May 09, 2016, 03:34:21 am »
You are more than welcome here! Don't get your feathers all ruffled up over nothing!

State your case and be prepared to defend it in a courteous manner.

I was simply addressing the expressed hope that my conversations will be made without a religious tinge.

Some of us observe life through the prism of scripture, and apparently that offends a lot of Americans these days.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

A-Lert

« Reply #331 on: May 09, 2016, 03:49:37 am »
Of course you have to assert that.

What I said cuts too close to the truth for you to handle.

[Personal attack removed by Mod1. Cut it out, A-Lert.]
« Last Edit: May 09, 2016, 10:16:25 am by Mod1 »

Offline LonestarDream

« Reply #332 on: May 09, 2016, 04:08:12 am »
Jefferson intended MORE practice of religion, not less.  He wanted more religions to have access to the public square not less.  Your POV here is appreciated. 

http://www.heritage.org/initiatives/first-principles/primary-sources/jefferson-s-letter-to-the-danbury-baptists

Jefferson’s actual aim was quite to the contrary. While he, along with James Madison, stoutly opposed established churches as existed in Massachusetts, Connecticut, and other states (while recognizing that, as President, he had to respect them), he was deeply committed to religious liberty. Jefferson’s letter must also be read in context of his declaration in the Virginia Statute of Religious Freedom: “Almighty God hath created the mind free….” The “wall of separation” exists to affirm natural rights, including those of faith and religious worship. The “wall” does not imprison the free exercise of religion. Rather, Jefferson sought to prevent the domination of particular sects, making free the religious practices of all.

I was simply addressing the expressed hope that my conversations will be made without a religious tinge.

Some of us observe life through the prism of scripture, and apparently that offends a lot of Americans these days.

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #333 on: May 09, 2016, 04:29:06 am »
Ask Trump.  He said this morning "I am a Republican not a conservative."

And little more than a week ago, Deceptive Donny stated "I'm a conservative . . ."

Amazing how boldly this guy lies.
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

geronl

« Reply #334 on: May 09, 2016, 04:38:06 am »
And little more than a week ago, Deceptive Donny stated "I'm a conservative . . ."

Amazing how boldly this guy lies.

Boldly Lie, Where No Man Has Laid Before!

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #335 on: May 09, 2016, 01:18:15 pm »
Jefferson intended MORE practice of religion, not less.  He wanted more religions to have access to the public square not less.  Your POV here is appreciated. 

http://www.heritage.org/initiatives/first-principles/primary-sources/jefferson-s-letter-to-the-danbury-baptists

Jefferson’s actual aim was quite to the contrary. While he, along with James Madison, stoutly opposed established churches as existed in Massachusetts, Connecticut, and other states (while recognizing that, as President, he had to respect them), he was deeply committed to religious liberty. Jefferson’s letter must also be read in context of his declaration in the Virginia Statute of Religious Freedom: “Almighty God hath created the mind free….” The “wall of separation” exists to affirm natural rights, including those of faith and religious worship. The “wall” does not imprison the free exercise of religion. Rather, Jefferson sought to prevent the domination of particular sects, making free the religious practices of all.

EXACTLY right!  :beer: :patriot:
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #336 on: May 09, 2016, 01:20:12 pm »

Doesn't offend me! You are entitled to look at the world through any lens you prefer.  Doesn't mean anyone has to agree with you though!

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #337 on: May 09, 2016, 01:28:45 pm »

Well, this thread is about the War on Trump Supporters.   Christ and Jesus have nothing to do with the topic.

Furthermore, people who are unable to converse with others without bringing up your personal religious beliefs are weird.

Are you "weird", INVAR?
« Last Edit: May 09, 2016, 02:02:36 pm by DCPatriot »
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #338 on: May 09, 2016, 01:31:52 pm »
Well, this thread is about the War on Trump Supporters.   Christ and Jesus have nothing to do with the topic.

Furthermore, people who are unable to converse with others without bringing religious beliefs are weird.

Are you "weird", INVAR?

That's where you are wrong David!  For some everything they do has the teachings of Christ at it's center! But I don't expect you to ever understand that!

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #339 on: May 09, 2016, 04:30:46 pm »

Right.  Because civility, manners, teachability or selecting a national ruler that will affect how we are permitted to live peaceably have absolutely nothing to do with anything Christ said or the Bible teaches.

Furthermore, people who are unable to converse with others without bringing up your personal religious beliefs are weird.

Are you "weird", INVAR?

I'm more than weird, so you will have to invent a new adjective to describe it.

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline libertybele

« Reply #340 on: May 09, 2016, 04:48:22 pm »

Are you "weird", INVAR?

It's really quite troubling that voicing disgust to Trump's vulgarity, incivility and his lack of knowledge surrounding the Constitution and our function of government is unacceptable.  Yet mentioning Jesus Christ in everyday conversation is seen as 'weird'?  What is 'weird' is we have gone from a nation of Christian values to a nation of political correctness that accepts vulgarity, womanizing, lying, cheating, infidelity, LGBT's, confused sexual deviants in our public restrooms, late term abortions, fetal mutilation, and immorality in general.

We need to really ask God for forgiveness for allowing our country to get to this point.  The corruption, immorality and despicable acts the we have accepted is shameful.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2016, 04:48:39 pm by libertybele »
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Bill Cipher

« Reply #341 on: May 09, 2016, 04:50:25 pm »
War on Trump supporters?  Excuse me?  What about Trump's war on everyone who won't meekly fall in line and kiss his ring?

#NeverTrump

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #342 on: May 09, 2016, 04:57:13 pm »

THE NEW GOP
‏@NegativeAlpha_

Good news! We are filing a lawsuit against twitter to get #nevertrump banned under hate speech. Not a joke. Ill keep you updated.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #343 on: May 09, 2016, 05:11:06 pm »
It's really quite troubling that voicing disgust to Trump's vulgarity, incivility and his lack of knowledge surrounding the Constitution and our function of government is unacceptable.  Yet mentioning Jesus Christ in everyday conversation is seen as 'weird'?  What is 'weird' is we have gone from a nation of Christian values to a nation of political correctness that accepts vulgarity, womanizing, lying, cheating, infidelity, LGBT's, confused sexual deviants in our public restrooms, late term abortions, fetal mutilation, and immorality in general.

We need to really ask God for forgiveness for allowing our country to get to this point.  The corruption, immorality and despicable acts the we have accepted is shameful.

Amen Bele, Amen!

Downright disconcerting isn't it, that even on "Conservative" fora, the offense over having 'religious tinge' in your discourse is offensive.

Ah well…. more proof the country is in it's final free-fall to tyrannical oppression and oblivion.

Bill Cipher

« Reply #344 on: May 09, 2016, 05:14:58 pm »
THE NEW GOP
‏@NegativeAlpha_

Good news! We are filing a lawsuit against twitter to get #nevertrump banned under hate speech. Not a joke. Ill keep you updated.

Better say it while I still can:  #NeverTrump

Offline bilo

« Reply #345 on: May 09, 2016, 05:31:53 pm »

It's not only troubling, it's incredibly depressing to see how ignorant people have become about the role that religion & faith played in the formation of this country. As we are tearing down the Judeo-Christian values that formed this country we see the rise of a crude vulgar mob mentality. I never expect anything classy from the democrats. They are the party of slavery. The Republicans were moving towards embracing conservatism despite the best efforts of their elites to fight it, but Trump has ended that. I think we will be in for a long hard fight regardless of who wins in Nov.
A stranger in a hostile foreign land I used to call home

Offline GrouchoTex

« Reply #346 on: May 09, 2016, 05:40:17 pm »
THE NEW GOP
‏@NegativeAlpha_

1st amendment be damned.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #347 on: May 09, 2016, 05:59:19 pm »
It's not only troubling, it's incredibly depressing to see how ignorant people have become about the role that religion & faith played in the formation of this country. As we are tearing down the Judeo-Christian values that formed this country we see the rise of a crude vulgar mob mentality. I never expect anything classy from the democrats. They are the party of slavery. The Republicans were moving towards embracing conservatism despite the best efforts of their elites to fight it, but Trump has ended that. I think we will be in for a long hard fight regardless of who wins in Nov.

Well said and true.

Most people still think those things of 75 years ago could never happen here.

Yet here we are, watching them play out right in front of our faces by the very people we thought were "Conservative" and/or "Christian".

We are all about to discover just how hated both of those beliefs are in this country.

But do not despair.  Jesus warned us in Matthew 24 that this would indeed happen.

Americans just assumed it would never happen to them, or they would get zapped out of here before it occurred.

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #348 on: May 09, 2016, 06:00:14 pm »

Loaded with strawmen and non-sequiturs there,  LB.

Who here says ragging on Trump for all your above reasons is "unacceptable"?   That's a riot!   :laugh:

Dropping to one's knees in prayer is not what we're talking about here.   I believe in prayer and depended on God's Grace in here for two of my children.  Couldn't have gotten thru it without it.

But there's a reason why we don't have a Religion/Faith Board here.   We've got firsthand experience in that.

"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #349 on: May 09, 2016, 06:03:39 pm »
1st amendment be damned.

As I am reading all over the net this morning from Trump Believers, Conservatism is Jeb/Cruz "Establishment, and therefore needs to be scrapped in favor of "America First" as Trump defines it.

I kid you not.

1st Amendment be damned indeed.

These Trump Believers want the Constitution itself scrapped if it impedes Trump's plans.

How are they any different than the Obama drones?

It's 2008 all over again, only it's the opposite of the aisle that is clamoring for a king/messiah who they believe will walk on water for them.