Author Topic: I Went to the Trump Rally in Charleston, WV!  (Read 9689 times)

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
I Went to the Trump Rally in Charleston, WV!
« on: May 06, 2016, 04:46:02 am »
I Went to the Trump Rally in Charleston, WV!
May 5, 2016

I'm finally home!  Here's some pictures I took at the rally tonight.  I really enjoyed it and glad I went.  The crowd was very enthusiastic and much younger than I thought it would be.  MOSTLY young people, working age, middle class - some with small children - lots with teens (lots of the teens wearing Trump hats, pins, shirts, etc).  I did see some older veterans and we sat beside a nice couple from Buckhannon, he was a Vietnam veteran - and oh, he loves Trump!  Says Trump is going to help the veterans. 

A woman I talked to standing in line outside was there with the Friends of Coal group.  We were standing by the VIP door and a large number of people associated with the coal industry were going in - many wearing their coal mining hardhats. 

Lots of people!  The arena holds almost 14,000 and it was full.  Trump said others were outside.  When he came on the stage, he bounded out like a man much younger than 69 years old!  He really is a man with a strong presence and he is funny and warm - nothing like the angry caricature you hear so often from people that think he is the worst thing to happen to America since...well, there never has been anything worse than him!

We got there about 2pm - and got pretty close to the doors, so we got our choice of seating.  We sat right in the middle, up behind the press section.  We had a good view, it was a friendly crowd and Donald Trump gave a great speech!

He said he was almost sorry the primary was over, he was kind of having fun!     :laugh:  But he had no trouble lashing out at Crooked Hillary.  I know she is not enjoying the thought of having to go to battle against him! 

GO TRUMP!

Major Garrett with CBS news.

Miners

Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Offline Mechanicos

Re: I Went to the Trump Rally in Charleston, WV!
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2016, 05:25:45 am »
 :thumbsup:
Trump is for America First.
"Crooked Hillary Clinton is the Secretary of the Status Quo – and wherever Hillary Clinton goes, corruption and scandal follow." D. Trump 7/11/16

Did you know that the word ‘gullible’ is not in the dictionary?

Isaiah 54:17

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2016, 07:19:24 am »
So glad you enjoyed it, you were looking forward to it so!

Can I shift it to "From our Members" and get it featured?
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline alicewonders

« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2016, 07:26:56 am »
So glad you enjoyed it, you were looking forward to it so!

Can I shift it to "From our Members" and get it featured?

Thanks EC - yes, you may move it. 

Offline R4 TrumPence

« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2016, 07:47:04 am »
AWESOME!!!

:thumbsup:

I am Repub4Bush on FR '02

A-Lert

« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2016, 07:53:28 am »
I saw Larry King being  interviewed and he said he's known Trump for many years. When asked to describe Trump he said, "He's a really good guy". Apparently that's a unanimous decision among those who know Trump personally.

Great photos! Thanks

Offline aligncare

« Reply #6 on: May 06, 2016, 09:10:54 am »
The caricature of Mr. Trump in the press as some sort of hateful monster is quickly dispelled by reading and listening to those who have best known and worked with Donald Trump.

By all accounts, in real life Mr. Trump is a gracious man. Stories abound of his generosity and compassion both personally and professionally. When you hear the stories and learn the truth of Mr. Trump's personality, it's easy to dismiss the democrat/media/National Review/RedState lies about him.

Political experts will tell you negatives can turn on a dime. And I have no doubt that once the general election is in full swing that whomever the Democrats put up as their nominee -- it's not certain it will be Hillary -- Donald Trump can easily reverse any negatives with women and minorities that have been ginned up against him. 

Go Trump!

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #7 on: May 06, 2016, 04:29:12 pm »
Fabulous report. My experience the week before in Costa Mesa was similar--surprised by the youthful and diverse crowd, Trump's energy etc.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #8 on: May 06, 2016, 04:34:37 pm »
Did you hear him tell his audience to not vote on Tuesday?  He did, you know.

Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline flowers

« Reply #9 on: May 06, 2016, 05:04:07 pm »
Thank you Alice! You too EC for posting it above the fold.

Offline alicewonders

« Reply #10 on: May 06, 2016, 05:30:29 pm »
The caricature of Mr. Trump in the press as some sort of hateful monster is quickly dispelled by reading and listening to those who have best known and worked with Donald Trump.

By all accounts, in real life Mr. Trump is a gracious man. Stories abound of his generosity and compassion both personally and professionally. When you hear the stories and learn the truth of Mr. Trump's personality, it's easy to dismiss the democrat/media/National Review/RedState lies about him.

Political experts will tell you negatives can turn on a dime. And I have no doubt that once the general election is in full swing that whomever the Democrats put up as their nominee -- it's not certain it will be Hillary -- Donald Trump can easily reverse any negatives with women and minorities that have been ginned up against him. 

Go Trump!

:thumbsup:      :beer:

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #11 on: May 06, 2016, 05:40:15 pm »
Donald Trump can easily reverse any negatives with women and minorities that have been ginned up against him. 

:silly:

Offline Rivergirl

« Reply #12 on: May 06, 2016, 05:40:27 pm »
Great guy unless he wanted your house for a parking lot.
Great guy if you were one of the little people who never got paid following his bankruptcies.
Great guy if you were an American worker who was replaced by the illegals he brought in to work.  He was fined for that action, but hey, he's a great guy.
Hired illegals to work on his golf courses. They're all great guys too.
Has all his clothing line made in China.
Buys all his building supplies from overseas.
Larry King is waiting for Trump to catch up to him on the number of wives.  King gave some of his wives, sexually transmitted diseases.   Larry King, quite the character reference.

Offline alicewonders

« Reply #13 on: May 06, 2016, 06:03:42 pm »
Did you hear him tell his audience to not vote on Tuesday?  He did, you know.

Yes, I heard it Sink.  Sometimes Trump's tongue works faster than his brain.  I know what he meant and so did everyone else there.  Trust me, the people I saw at that rally were anything but "LIV" - they are active in their local elections too.  I talked to plenty of people and they know exactly what is going on in the American political spectrum.  A lot of people in WV are suffering because of it and they're tired of the same old lying politicians letting them down year after year.

Hillary has been promising these people retraining programs and handouts.  They don't want that - they want their JOBS.  Trump plays to that very well in WV and in my part of KY - in Appalachia.  They know Hillary and Bernie are dangling the dole at them and they know that has kept them down economically for generations.  Trump offers them a last desperate hope.

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #14 on: May 06, 2016, 06:09:40 pm »

Go Trump!

Trump ginned up the negatives. HE is responsible for calling Mexicans rapists, "blood flowing out of her wherever," banning an entire religion from entering the US, and mocking a handicapped reporter.

Trump did all that. And it's all out there and will be running in an endless loop for the next six months.

As will Trump eating a taco bowl and thinking that means something to Hispanics.

Just how does he "easily reverse "all this?

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #15 on: May 06, 2016, 06:11:13 pm »
Yes, I heard it Sink.  Sometimes Trump's tongue works faster than his brain.  I know what he meant and so did everyone else there.  Trust me, the people I saw at that rally were anything but "LIV" - they are active in their local elections too.  I talked to plenty of people and they know exactly what is going on in the American political spectrum.  A lot of people in WV are suffering because of it and they're tired of the same old lying politicians letting them down year after year.

Hillary has been promising these people retraining programs and handouts.  They don't want that - they want their JOBS.  Trump plays to that very well in WV and in my part of KY - in Appalachia.  They know Hillary and Bernie are dangling the dole at them and they know that has kept them down economically for generations.  Trump offers them a last desperate hope.

He didn't just say it once, alice.  He TWICE told his audience to just stay home:

""What I want you to do is save your vote — you know, you don't have to vote anymore. Save your vote for the general election, okay? Forget this one. The primary is gone," Trump said. "Save your vote for the general election in November, and we're going to show you something, and then you're going to show me something, okay?"

And, at the end of his remarks:''""In November, you're going to go out, and you're going to vote and that's going to be the greatest vote you ever cast, okay? The vote was supposed to be on Tuesday, but now I can say: Stay home but get twice as many people in November, right? Because we have to win, we have to win the general election. We cannot take Hillary Clinton anymore. We've had enough of Clinton."

Was his mouth working faster than his very good brain TWICE in the space of 30 minutes?   

He then reversed himself when he caught heat from W. Virginia Republican officials.

Your guy is a walking PR nightmare.

As for jobs, once those coal mines close, it will be nearly impossible to revive them. Some of them will come back, but natural gas is squeezing coal as a source for energy anyway.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2016, 06:14:35 pm by sinkspur »

Offline flowers

« Reply #16 on: May 06, 2016, 06:48:08 pm »
Yes I heard that sink. I don't think he should have said it. Yet we all knew what he meant. Us who want anyone but Hillary!
« Last Edit: May 06, 2016, 06:49:36 pm by flowers »

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #17 on: May 06, 2016, 06:55:07 pm »
Yes I heard that sink. I don't think he should have said it. Yet we all knew what he meant. Us who want anyone but Hillary!

What did he "mean"?  Do the exact opposite of what I say?

You will excuse ANYTHING the man says.  Did you hear his spokesperson condemned Mitt Romney today for being "pro-adoption"?

Offline wolfcreek

« Reply #18 on: May 06, 2016, 06:59:18 pm »
He didn't just say it once, alice.  He TWICE told his audience to just stay home:

""What I want you to do is save your vote — you know, you don't have to vote anymore. Save your vote for the general election, okay? Forget this one. The primary is gone," Trump said. "Save your vote for the general election in November, and we're going to show you something, and then you're going to show me something, okay?"

And, at the end of his remarks:''""In November, you're going to go out, and you're going to vote and that's going to be the greatest vote you ever cast, okay? The vote was supposed to be on Tuesday, but now I can say: Stay home but get twice as many people in November, right? Because we have to win, we have to win the general election. We cannot take Hillary Clinton anymore. We've had enough of Clinton."

Was his mouth working faster than his very good brain TWICE in the space of 30 minutes?   

He then reversed himself when he caught heat from W. Virginia Republican officials.

Your guy is a walking PR nightmare.

As for jobs, once those coal mines close, it will be nearly impossible to revive them. Some of them will come back, but natural gas is squeezing coal as a source for energy anyway.

#Hillaryforever

A-Lert

« Reply #19 on: May 06, 2016, 07:37:19 pm »
Trump ginned up the negatives. HE is responsible for calling Mexicans rapists, "blood flowing out of her wherever," banning an entire religion from entering the US, and mocking a handicapped reporter.

Trump did all that. And it's all out there and will be running in an endless loop for the next six months.

As will Trump eating a taco bowl and thinking that means something to Hispanics.

Just how does he "easily reverse "all this?

Get on board the Trump tsunami or drown in your ocean of bile and tears.

Texas GOP Starts To Rally Behind Trump As Nominee

By Patrick Svitek Texas Tribune • 22 hours ago

A-Lert

« Reply #20 on: May 06, 2016, 07:40:26 pm »
What did he "mean"?  Do the exact opposite of what I say?

He meant he IS the nominee!  What do you "think" he meant?

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #21 on: May 06, 2016, 07:44:43 pm »
Get on board the Trump tsunami or drown in your ocean of bile and tears.

Nope.

geronl

« Reply #22 on: May 06, 2016, 09:05:14 pm »
Liberal cult rally

A-Lert

« Reply #23 on: May 06, 2016, 09:13:51 pm »
Liberal cult rally

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #24 on: May 06, 2016, 09:16:01 pm »
Donald Trump, Party-Unity Edition: