Author Topic: Trump: I’m open to Cruz as VP  (Read 14765 times)

Offline libertybele

Re: Trump: I’m open to Cruz as VP
« Reply #125 on: May 06, 2016, 07:43:19 pm »
Could be, but I doubt you could ever prove it. Sometimes being smart is better than being intelligent.

Texas GOP Starts To Rally Behind Trump As Nominee

By Patrick Svitek Texas Tribune • 22 hours ago

...and when you're a billionaire you neither have to be smart or intelligent.  Trump is pure proof of that.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #126 on: May 06, 2016, 07:51:22 pm »

There has never been an election that I can remember where the GOP establishment didn't get behind the nominee. 

Barry Goldwater,then Reagan during his first term. The Country Club Republicans refused to back Goldwater,so LBJ got elected.

Later on they told Reagan at the convention that if  he didn't take Poppy as his running mate they would withdraw all party aide to him during his run for the presidency.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Mesaclone

« Reply #127 on: May 06, 2016, 08:11:33 pm »
Cruz is much much more intelligent than Trump.  Cruz isn't going to endorse him unless he has good reason and it benefits the country.  That's been Cruz's objective; to restore the Country under the Constitution.  The way I see it ... the Donald needs Cruz right now more than Cruz needs him. On the surface, Cruz has everything to lose by endorsing Trump and nothing to gain.

And what if Trump were to announce that his SCJ nominee to replace Scalia will be Ted Cruz...and that the nation needs a man like Ted, with his admittedly extraordinary legal mind...on the court. Part of this transaction would include an endorsement of the GOP nominee, of course.

What then would Ted do?

My guess, he would accept, knowing that his presence on the court rather than an extreme liberal filling Scalia's shows...would be of far greater importance than any issues of hurt feelings and/pride.
We have the best government that money can buy. Mark Twain

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #128 on: May 06, 2016, 08:16:55 pm »
And what if Trump were to announce that his SCJ nominee to replace Scalia will be Ted Cruz...and that the nation needs a man like Ted, with his admittedly extraordinary legal mind...on the court. Part of this transaction would include an endorsement of the GOP nominee, of course.

What then would Ted do?

My guess, he would accept, knowing that his presence on the court rather than an extreme liberal filling Scalia's shows...would be of far greater importance than any issues of hurt feelings and/pride.

Given Cruz's poor relations with his colleagues, Senate approval of a SCJ nomination is far from assured.

Why would Cruz endorse a man who has labeled him a liar as late as this morning?
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

A-Lert

« Reply #129 on: May 06, 2016, 08:32:42 pm »

...and when you're a billionaire you neither have to be smart or intelligent.  Trump is pure proof of that.

Really?  88finger point

Offline Mesaclone

« Reply #130 on: May 06, 2016, 08:34:40 pm »
Given Cruz's poor relations with his colleagues, Senate approval of a SCJ nomination is far from assured.

Why would Cruz endorse a man who has labeled him a liar as late as this morning?

GOP Senators will vote 100% for Cruz as a party nominee...zero doubt.

As for your question: Because he cares about the future of the country, and will place that above his wounded pride. As an SCJ he could influence American Law for another 40 years...in the big picture that is a more lasting effect than any presidency. To attain that, he will do the right thing and endorse.

A-Lert

« Reply #131 on: May 06, 2016, 08:36:23 pm »

What person on this orb has never told a lie? Politics is home to the biggest and best liars on earth.

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #132 on: May 06, 2016, 08:46:22 pm »
What person on this orb has never told a lie? Politics is home to the biggest and best liars on earth.

We need to hold USSC justices to a higher standard than us or certainly politicians.

A-Lert

« Reply #133 on: May 06, 2016, 09:02:21 pm »
We need to hold USSC justices to a higher standard than us or certainly politicians.

You'll get no disagreement from me. If the general public had higher standards we would have better candidates.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #134 on: May 06, 2016, 10:36:17 pm »

Really?  88finger point

Really. If we are wrong,why not tell us how smart you have to be to inherit 220 million dollars AND 15,000 rental properties in NYC while in your 20's?

Offline libertybele

« Reply #135 on: May 06, 2016, 10:47:12 pm »

What then would Ted do?

Trump has to win the presidency first before he can even start thinking about nominating a justice.  He hasn't even announced his VP yet.  If Trump's appointment of Carson to vet VP choices is any indication of how poorly Trump surrounds himself with the best ... he'll  continue to sink his own ship.  His attacks on others is what kept media focus on him and now the only media focus seems to be how much the party won't get behind him.  He has no one to attack other than Hillary and so far he hasn't and my hunch is he won't.  One debate between Hillary and Trump and he's toast.

#NeverTrump

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

A-Lert

« Reply #136 on: May 06, 2016, 10:48:25 pm »

Really. If we are wrong,why not tell us how smart you have to be to inherit 220 million dollars AND 15,000 rental properties in NYC while in your 20's?

I can provide plenty of examples of athletes, entertainers and trust funders who have signed contracts or inherited 10s of millions of dollars who pissed it all away.  Trump turned millions into billions.

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #137 on: May 06, 2016, 10:53:03 pm »
I can provide plenty of examples of athletes, entertainers and trust funders who have signed contracts or inherited 10s of millions of dollars who pissed it all away.  Trump turned millions into billions.

It's okay, A-Lert!

For some, a different perspective may work.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #138 on: May 07, 2016, 12:01:51 am »
People in show biz and sports are your intelligence gold standard???????

ROFLMAO! No wonder you believe Trump.

A-Lert

« Reply #139 on: May 07, 2016, 12:17:02 am »

No, just proving what you state is so much  :LAME: :bs:

Offline Mesaclone

« Reply #140 on: May 07, 2016, 01:50:45 am »

ROFLMAO! No wonder you believe Trump.

The mere fact that you used ROFLMAO...makes it pretty clear you should stay out of conversations about intelligence. And maturity.

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #141 on: May 07, 2016, 02:02:31 am »
GOP Senators will vote 100% for Cruz as a party nominee...zero doubt.

As for your question: Because he cares about the future of the country, and will place that above his wounded pride. As an SCJ he could influence American Law for another 40 years...in the big picture that is a more lasting effect than any presidency. To attain that, he will do the right thing and endorse.

Wounded pride? Your mother-of-a-candidate implied his dad was complicit in the murder of JFK and trashed his wife.  If I were Cruz, I wouldn't piss on Trump if he was on fire.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #142 on: May 07, 2016, 02:10:07 am »
If the general public had higher standards we would have better candidates.

The irony of that statement coming from a Trump supporter is as delicious as strawberry rhubarb pie.   
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

A-Lert

« Reply #143 on: May 07, 2016, 02:25:48 am »
The irony of that statement coming from a Trump supporter is as delicious as strawberry rhubarb pie.

There is no irony. I've never claimed Trump is a great candidate. There haven't been any for decades. That's why we ended up with an Obama. Then look at the two losers the democrats put up.

Offline Mechanicos

« Reply #144 on: May 07, 2016, 02:36:21 am »
You can stop with the personal attack right there.

Trump said that the minimum wage was something that he would have to look into and that he wasn't like other Republicans.  He minced his words so as not to take a position either way.  The mechanics of a seasoned politician.
Dam right hes going to look into it. In the same paragraph he tells you its making us non-competitive. Only a person with an agenda can take away hes looking at it to raise it. People saying such assume others are stupid or something. That's insulting. And yes Normally Conservatives know better then to take a liberals spin on something yet here we are with one of the most absurd talking points so far.
Trump is for America First.
"Crooked Hillary Clinton is the Secretary of the Status Quo – and wherever Hillary Clinton goes, corruption and scandal follow." D. Trump 7/11/16

Did you know that the word ‘gullible’ is not in the dictionary?

Isaiah 54:17

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #145 on: May 07, 2016, 02:38:51 am »
The mere fact that you used ROFLMAO...makes it pretty clear you should stay out of conversations about intelligence. And maturity.

Yeah,we all know that people who support the narcissistic sociopath with no plans whatsoever beyond hiring "good managers" for president are renowned judges of intelligence and maturity.

ROFLMAO!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #146 on: May 07, 2016, 02:40:32 am »

:amen: :amen: :amen:

« Last Edit: May 07, 2016, 02:41:36 am by sneakypete »

Offline RedHead

« Reply #147 on: May 07, 2016, 11:26:15 am »
Dam right hes going to look into it. In the same paragraph he tells you its making us non-competitive. Only a person with an agenda can take away hes looking at it to raise it.

Are you suggesting he's looking into ways to lower it?

Offline RedHead

« Reply #148 on: May 07, 2016, 11:31:16 am »
This whole discussion is an exercise in futility.  There is absolutely no way Trump would select Cruz as his VP or appoint him to any position in his administration or the judiciary, and there is absolutely no way Cruz would accept even if he did. 

Offline libertybele

« Reply #149 on: May 07, 2016, 11:42:06 am »
This whole discussion is an exercise in futility.  There is absolutely no way Trump would select Cruz as his VP or appoint him to any position in his administration or the judiciary, and there is absolutely no way Cruz would accept even if he did.

Agreed.  Trump is only running his mouth; that's what he does best. Ironically, Trump made mention very early on the he would name Cruz as his VP.  The two of them even held a rally together to focus on their objection to the deal with Iran. Trump knows he needs a VP that will do his job for him as he himself even recently admitted, he knows the business end of the position, but nothing else.  It wasn't until Cruz was winning in IA that Trump began the attacks and when those attacks didn't work, he kept attacking.  IMHO Trump destroyed the relationship with the one person that right now could assure him the presidency.  Trump may already realize that destroying that relationship was a huge mistake and is merely testing the waters.