Author Topic: Trump: I’m open to Cruz as VP  (Read 14764 times)

Offline Polly Ticks

Re: Trump: I’m open to Cruz as VP
« Reply #100 on: May 05, 2016, 08:45:37 pm »
I think you're exactly correct on that.  And when you point to some of the stuff he says, many of his supporters will say "aw, he doesn't really mean that.  He's just saying that for effect."

The obvious follow up is "well then how do we know we should believe anything that he says", and there's generally no response to that.  It's like there's a secret code book somewhere that tells us what he "really" means when he says things.

You know, it almost sounds like you're describing a (*gasp*!) politician.
Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too. -Yogi Berra

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #101 on: May 05, 2016, 09:13:23 pm »
Lying Ted? THe guy you accused of being the son of the JFK assassination collaborator?

Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain.  Trump cannot be trusted on anything he says.

He will not want a Veep ten times smarter than he is and would only do it if he realized he was losing badly and Ted would help.

On the other hand, would Ted accept?  That would be a dilemma for him.  Could he join forces with evil.  Maybe if he thought he could have some influence for good.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline Cowboyway

« Reply #102 on: May 05, 2016, 09:20:11 pm »
Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain.  Trump cannot be trusted on anything he says.

He will not want a Veep ten times smarter than he is and would only do it if he realized he was losing badly and Ted would help.

On the other hand, would Ted accept?  That would be a dilemma for him.  Could he join forces with evil.  Maybe if he thought he could have some influence for good.

I listened to Rush today for about an hour.  Sounds like he's starting to carry the water for Trump.  He spent some time trying to explain that Trump's new position on the minimum wage is really not a new position because Trump is always pondering all angles of an issue.  At least that's the way I took it.

Nice try, Rush.
"The beauty of the Second Amendment is that you won't need it until they try to take it away."---Thomas Jefferson

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #103 on: May 05, 2016, 09:21:46 pm »
I listened to Rush today for about an hour.  Sounds like he's starting to carry the water for Trump.  He spent some time trying to explain that Trump's new position on the minimum wage is really not a new position because Trump is always pondering all angles of an issue.  At least that's the way I took it.

Nice try, Rush.

Rush is a jackass. I was attacked twice on here, but #nevertrumps, for criticizing Rush. One was @Bigun. Forget who the other was.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2016, 10:52:42 pm by Weird Tolkienish Figure »

A-Lert

« Reply #104 on: May 05, 2016, 09:57:01 pm »
“They’re both terrific people, and I hope they both get the nomination,” Donald Trump on Hillary and Giuliani in 2007.

“Hillary Clinton I think is a terrific woman. I am biased because I have known her for years. I live in New York. She lives in New York. I really like her and her husband both a lot. I think she really works hard. And I think, again, she’s given an agenda, it is not all of her, but I think she really works hard and I think she does a good job. I like her.” His Royal Donaldness of Orange speaking about Hillary on Fox News in 2012.

“I’m a businessman. I contribute to everybody,” Trump said. “When I needed Hillary, she was there. If I say ‘go to my wedding,’ they go to my wedding.” -From the same 2012 interview.

Source: http://time.com/3962799/donald-trump-hillary-clinton/#3962799/donald-trump-hillary-clinton/

So by your logic, a person contributing money to a candidate and being complimentary to that person makes them good friends? I wonder if my US Senators  know we are good friends.

Offline Mechanicos

« Reply #105 on: May 05, 2016, 10:08:14 pm »

Nice try, Rush.
What new position, that he thinks Minimum wage laws make us uncompetitive and the way to increase wages is with good jobs? That position? If you are a conservative you should have known the ONLY one who said raise the minimum wage was the Liberal reporter. Not Trump.
Trump is for America First.
"Crooked Hillary Clinton is the Secretary of the Status Quo – and wherever Hillary Clinton goes, corruption and scandal follow." D. Trump 7/11/16

Did you know that the word ‘gullible’ is not in the dictionary?

Isaiah 54:17

Offline BigHomer

• D'oh!
  • Homer no function beer well without
    • Not My Circus
« Reply #106 on: May 05, 2016, 10:09:27 pm »
http://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box/presidential-races/278793-trump-im-open-to-cruz-as-vp

Donald Trump on Wednesday said that he would consider making Sen. Ted Cruz (R-Texas) his running mate.

Cruz would be nuts to agree to it. That would be like signing on to be a lieutenant commander on the Hindenberg.
"We must, indeed, all hang together or, most assuredly, we shall all hang separately." ~ Benjamin Franklin

Offline Idaho_Cowboy

• Ride for the Brand - Joshua 24:15
« Reply #107 on: May 05, 2016, 10:26:29 pm »

So by your logic, a person contributing money to a candidate and being complimentary to that person makes them good friends? I wonder if my US Senators  know we are good friends.
I guess you think he meant something else when he said "I know her well" and "When I needed Hillary, she was there for me?"
If you can say that of your Senators and invite them to your wedding then yes they are probably your good friends.

Friends, acquaintances, or just plain @$$ kissing, it makes little difference. We know what Trump is; we are just debating the price. 

However, they sure sound like friends to me:
“For his part, Obama said he’s just focused on winning the nomination, although at least one member of his team said Clinton would make a good vice-president. (I know Hillary and I think she’d make a great president or vice-president.).” -DT 2008. At which time DT was still a democrat.

“Hillary was roughed up by the media, and it was a tough campaign for her, but she’s a great trouper... her history is far from being over.” -DT 2008. - http://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box/presidential-races/264386-trump-once-wrote-hillary-clinton-would-be-great-president

He knew her well enough to list her great attributes in the same piece:

"Hillary is smart, tough and a very nice person, so is her husband. Bill Clinton was a great president. They are fine people.  -http://www.cbsnews.com/news/trump-in-2008-hillary-clinton-would-make-a-great-president/
“The way I see it, every time a man gets up in the morning he starts his life over. Sure, the bills are there to pay, and the job is there to do, but you don't have to stay in a pattern. You can always start over, saddle a fresh horse and take another trail.” ― Louis L'Amour

A-Lert

« Reply #108 on: May 05, 2016, 11:02:19 pm »
I guess you think he meant something else when he said "I know her well" and "When I needed Hillary, she was there for me?"
If you can say that of your Senators and invite them to your wedding then yes they are probably your good friends.

Friends, acquaintances, or just plain @$$ kissing, it makes little difference. We know what Trump is; we are just debating the price. 

However, they sure sound like friends to me:
“For his part, Obama said he’s just focused on winning the nomination, although at least one member of his team said Clinton would make a good vice-president. (I know Hillary and I think she’d make a great president or vice-president.).” -DT 2008. At which time DT was still a democrat.

“Hillary was roughed up by the media, and it was a tough campaign for her, but she’s a great trouper... her history is far from being over.” -DT 2008. - http://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box/presidential-races/264386-trump-once-wrote-hillary-clinton-would-be-great-president

He knew her well enough to list her great attributes in the same piece:

"Hillary is smart, tough and a very nice person, so is her husband. Bill Clinton was a great president. They are fine people.  -http://www.cbsnews.com/news/trump-in-2008-hillary-clinton-would-make-a-great-president/

I see all kinds of people who say they know Trump well and they've never met him. Do you know people like that? Think of your best friends and how long it took to get to know them. How much time you spent together. How would Trump be able to spend that much time with the Clintons or most politicians for that matter. Trump doesn't live in Albany or Washington DC

Offline Idaho_Cowboy

• Ride for the Brand - Joshua 24:15
« Reply #109 on: May 05, 2016, 11:29:47 pm »
I see all kinds of people who say they know Trump well and they've never met him. Do you know people like that? Think of your best friends and how long it took to get to know them. How much time you spent together. How would Trump be able to spend that much time with the Clintons or most politicians for that matter. Trump doesn't live in Albany or Washington DC

Most folks I know reserve saying they know people for people they actually know. Maybe Trump doesn't know them as well as he says he does, and this is more "truthful  hyperbole". Hokay, works for me.  :dighole:

Trump said he spent lots of time and money on politicians
"two months ago I was a businessman. I give to everybody. When they call, I give. And you know what, when I need something from them two years later, three years later, I call them. They are there for me." http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/donald-trumps-surprisingly-honest-lessons-big-money-politics/story?id=32993736
« Last Edit: May 05, 2016, 11:30:19 pm by Idaho_Cowboy »
“The way I see it, every time a man gets up in the morning he starts his life over. Sure, the bills are there to pay, and the job is there to do, but you don't have to stay in a pattern. You can always start over, saddle a fresh horse and take another trail.” ― Louis L'Amour

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #110 on: May 05, 2016, 11:37:48 pm »
Trump is open to having his VP be the lyingest liar who ever lied a lying lie?  LOL...he claims he doesn't drink.

Nah,he knows Cruz will never be a threat to HIS title as one of the biggest liars to have ever been born.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Kaslin

« Reply #111 on: May 05, 2016, 11:40:19 pm »
 :hands:
Cruz's political best interest is to tell Trump to eff himself.

Offline Cowboyway

« Reply #112 on: May 05, 2016, 11:40:58 pm »
What new position, that he thinks Minimum wage laws make us uncompetitive and the way to increase wages is with good jobs? That position? If you are a conservative you should have known the ONLY one who said raise the minimum wage was the Liberal reporter. Not Trump.

You can stop with the personal attack right there.

Trump said that the minimum wage was something that he would have to look into and that he wasn't like other Republicans.  He minced his words so as not to take a position either way.  The mechanics of a seasoned politician.
"The beauty of the Second Amendment is that you won't need it until they try to take it away."---Thomas Jefferson

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #113 on: May 05, 2016, 11:41:39 pm »
And he said it with a straight face too...I was watching....lol.  One scary man.........

He can say it with a straight face because he is a sociopath,and sociopaths mean everything they say the instant they say it,even if they don't believe it a micro-instant later. If he had a conscience he wouldn't be a sociopath.

His current wife should be VERY nervous. He is bound to be thinking of trading her in on a newer model that is younger,hotter,and more appropriate for a man of his current position.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #114 on: May 05, 2016, 11:43:41 pm »
If Cruz were to accept being Trump's VP after Trump insulted his wife and father, and after being called the worst liar in history for months, then he should just chop off his manhood, put a bow on it, and hand it over to Trump.  Because that's basically what he'd be doing anyway.

I think he is smart enough to realize that Trump is just trying to make him  his bitch. It's a ego-thing,typical of men with small  hands.

geronl

« Reply #115 on: May 05, 2016, 11:44:38 pm »
He is bound to be thinking of trading her in on a newer model that is younger,hotter,and more appropriate for a man of his current position.

He's already been doing that every certain number of years. Melania might have a couple of them left.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #116 on: May 06, 2016, 12:00:10 am »
He's already been doing that every certain number of years. Melania might have a couple of them left.

Not now that he is a presidential primary winner. Remember,this is the guy that spent big bucks to try to get people to put him next to Princess Di so he could have a shot at nailing her. He's a snob.

A-Lert

« Reply #117 on: May 06, 2016, 02:23:50 am »
Most folks I know reserve saying they know people for people they actually know. Maybe Trump doesn't know them as well as he says he does, and this is more "truthful  hyperbole". Hokay, works for me.  :dighole:

Trump said he spent lots of time and money on politicians
"two months ago I was a businessman. I give to everybody. When they call, I give. And you know what, when I need something from them two years later, three years later, I call them. They are there for me." http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/donald-trumps-surprisingly-honest-lessons-big-money-politics/story?id=32993736

I call! Don't even have to have face to face meetings. Politicians!  :silly:

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

« Reply #118 on: May 06, 2016, 02:12:35 pm »
Ted Cruz has a political future.  Trump doesn't.

Cruz would be out of his mind to take any position in a Trump campaign or (God forbid) administration.

Ted is only 45 and will be back to pick up the pieces of the disastrous Trump presidency.  Conservatives who trusted Trump will be ready for conservative values and someone whose wife does not pose nude.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #119 on: May 06, 2016, 05:22:42 pm »

Cruz would be nuts to agree to it. That would be like signing on to be a lieutenant commander on the Hindenberg.
This is all useless speculation as Trump would NEVER want a veep ten times smarter than himself.

I think Cruz would be better served by keeping a safe distance from Trump and running again in 4 years.  I don't want Cruz to accept a Supreme Court nomination, although he would be great.  I want him to be president.

I still have a faint hope that Cruz can somehow prevail at the Convention.  The delegate loyalty is a little ambiguous and not all delegates are bound, even on the first vote.

It's an odd situation in which everyone despises Trump except his worshippers.  If you want to see them on display, head over to Free Republic.

Everything the trumpers over there railed against when Ted Cruz did it, they immediately embrace when Trump does it.

Example:  fund raising.  I tried to tell them that Trump had spent almost nothing of his own money.  He got by on free media advertising and renting halls for his big live events which fed his enormous ego.  The minute Trump announces he's going to fund raise for the general, they are swarming to donate to him.

Trump's insane followers are almost as scary as Trump himself.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #120 on: May 06, 2016, 06:13:27 pm »
This is all useless speculation as Trump would NEVER want a veep ten times smarter than himself.

I think Cruz would be better served by keeping a safe distance from Trump and running again in 4 years.  I don't want Cruz to accept a Supreme Court nomination, although he would be great.  I want him to be president.

I still have a faint hope that Cruz can somehow prevail at the Convention.  The delegate loyalty is a little ambiguous and not all delegates are bound, even on the first vote.

It's an odd situation in which everyone despises Trump except his worshippers.  If you want to see them on display, head over to Free Republic.

Everything the trumpers over there railed against when Ted Cruz did it, they immediately embrace when Trump does it.

Example:  fund raising.  I tried to tell them that Trump had spent almost nothing of his own money.  He got by on free media advertising and renting halls for his big live events which fed his enormous ego.  The minute Trump announces he's going to fund raise for the general, they are swarming to donate to him.

Trump's insane followers are almost as scary as Trump himself.

There is nothing saying that Cruz can't accept a Supreme Court nomination and then run as President.  However stepping down so soon after being appointed would certainly raise a few eyebrows.  I don't think Trump is going to appoint him anyways ... he's too arrogant and too liberal.

Trump is already the nominee ... voting will still take place until the Convention and he will be picking up delegates. Possibly Kasich and Cruz will pick up a few delegates here and there still as well, but, bound delegates are obligated to vote for the candidate that the electorate picked on the first ballot.  If Trump gets that majority on the first ballot he wins. 

There has never been an election that I can remember where the GOP establishment didn't get behind the nominee.  It is quite troubling that numerous establishment members are refusing to get behind him ... and so far, Scott, Martinez, Haley, have all stated that they will not accept his VP offer. 
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #121 on: May 06, 2016, 06:23:31 pm »
Cruz was touted early on as a way to coax Cruz supporters away from Cruz, thinking they would get both.  Now it is the Lucy football approach to tricking Cruz into an endorsement.  He won't be the pick.  Nether would he accept.  I predict he won't endorse Trump at all.

It was phony then and it is phony now.  Trump is using this carrot to scam a lot of people into endorsing him.  it's what he does.

I'd be seriously disappointed in Cruz if he even talks to Trump between now and election day.  Endorsement?   NO COMMENT!!!!!!!
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #122 on: May 06, 2016, 06:54:13 pm »
I'd be seriously disappointed in Cruz if he even talks to Trump between now and election day.  Endorsement?   NO COMMENT!!!!!!!

Cruz is much much more intelligent than Trump.  Cruz isn't going to endorse him unless he has good reason and it benefits the country.  That's been Cruz's objective; to restore the Country under the Constitution.  The way I see it ... the Donald needs Cruz right now more than Cruz needs him. On the surface, Cruz has everything to lose by endorsing Trump and nothing to gain. 
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

A-Lert

« Reply #123 on: May 06, 2016, 07:22:19 pm »
Cruz was touted early on as a way to coax Cruz supporters away from Cruz, thinking they would get both.  Now it is the Lucy football approach to tricking Cruz into an endorsement.  He won't be the pick.  Nether would he accept.  I predict he won't endorse Trump at all.

It was phony then and it is phony now.  Trump is using this carrot to scam a lot of people into endorsing him.  it's what he does.

The tsunami is gaining strength and speed. Get on the surfboard and ride the wave or flounder.

Texas GOP Starts To Rally Behind Trump As Nominee

By Patrick Svitek Texas Tribune • 22 hours ago

A-Lert

« Reply #124 on: May 06, 2016, 07:24:44 pm »
Cruz is much much more intelligent than Trump.

Could be, but I doubt you could ever prove it. Sometimes being smart is better than being intelligent.

Texas GOP Starts To Rally Behind Trump As Nominee

By Patrick Svitek Texas Tribune • 22 hours ago