Author Topic: Carson floats Cruz as attorney general to go after Clinton  (Read 1858 times)

Offline don-o

• Worldview Moderator
  • FR Class of '98
Carson floats Cruz as attorney general to go after Clinton

By Brianna Gurciullo

05/04/16 04:52 PM EDT

http://www.politico.com/blogs/2016-gop-primary-live-updates-and-results/2016/05/ben-carson-ted-cruz-attorney-general-clinton-222814

Ben Carson has a plan for Ted Cruz now that the Texas senator has dropped out of the GOP presidential race: attorney general, then Supreme Court justice under a Trump administration.

When Fox News Radio’s John Gibson asked Carson on Wednesday whether it would be “smart” for presumptive Republican nominee Donald Trump to offer Cruz a position on the Supreme Court, he said yes.

“I think he would be terrific on the Supreme Court, or I think he would be a terrific attorney general. Or he could be both,” Carson said. “He could be attorney general first, you know, go ahead and prosecute Hillary, and then go on the Supreme Court.”

Gibson went on to ask the former presidential candidate whom Trump should choose as his running mate.

“I wouldn’t advise him to pick me,” Carson said. “I would advise him to pick someone who really is willing and able to take a significant part of the load.”

The retired neurosurgeon endorsed Trump in March after he dropped his own presidential bid. Trump said on Wednesday that Carson would serve on his selection committee for his future running mate.

Read more: http://www.politico.com/blogs/2016-gop-primary-live-updates-and-results/2016/05/ben-carson-ted-cruz-attorney-general-clinton-222814#ixzz47jJr44FZ
Follow us: @politico on Twitter | Politico on Facebook

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Re: Carson floats Cruz as attorney general to go after Clinton
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2016, 10:47:46 pm »
Is Carson sitting the Cabinet....he's also on the Veep squad.... :smokin:
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2016, 10:49:40 pm »
BTW....How can Trump even consider hiring LYING-TED for his admin............/s
Support the USO

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

Offline don-o

• Worldview Moderator
  • FR Class of '98
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2016, 10:49:57 pm »
Still baffled and, yes, disappointed that Ben threw in with the amoral Donald Trump.

geronl

« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2016, 10:50:08 pm »
Team Trump is still attacking Ted today and defending the slur against his father.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2016, 10:56:32 pm »

That oft repeated slur precludes any role fot Cruz in a mythical Trump administration IMHO.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline BuckeyeTexan

« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2016, 11:02:10 pm »
Cruz would do a spectacular job as either AG or a SCOTUS justice. I prefer Cruz on SCOTUS and Paul Clement as AG. Trump would be wise to consider Cruz.
There are those that break and bend. I'm the other kind. ~Steve Earle

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #7 on: May 04, 2016, 11:02:34 pm »

It's politics, Myst.  And Cruz will ultimately turn up on the Trump Train --- if he plans to stay in national politics.  Cruz cannot afford to become more of an outlier in the GOP than he is already.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #8 on: May 04, 2016, 11:04:39 pm »

It's politics, Myst.  And Cruz will ultimately turn up on the Trump Train --- if he plans to stay in national politics.  Cruz cannot afford to become more of an outlier in the GOP than he is already.

That's beyond politics..that is character assassination
Support the USO

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #9 on: May 04, 2016, 11:05:58 pm »
Cruz would do a spectacular job as either AG or a SCOTUS justice. I prefer Cruz on SCOTUS and Paul Clement as AG. Trump would be wise to consider Cruz.

I would love to see it to...but i don't know how we get there from here.
Support the USO

A-Lert

« Reply #10 on: May 04, 2016, 11:07:04 pm »

Remember Reagan and G H W Bush? Cruz has been in politics long enough to know what is show.

Offline BuckeyeTexan

« Reply #11 on: May 04, 2016, 11:13:59 pm »
Remember Reagan and G H W Bush? Cruz has been in politics long enough to know what is show.

You think Reagan would've tolerated his primary opponent treating Nancy the way Trump treated Heidi?

Offline BuckeyeTexan

« Reply #12 on: May 04, 2016, 11:14:32 pm »

Me neither.

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
« Reply #13 on: May 04, 2016, 11:16:26 pm »

It IS politics, and I bet RiV is right - soon, Ted Cruz will endorse Trump.
He'll do it to preserve and further his future in politics because he's smart.

The thing that's different about Trump is that he really is a smart guy that likes to come across with a braggadocious New York attitude and it catches people off-guard.  It's politics and Cruz knows it too.

It's all kabuki theater. 
Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #14 on: May 04, 2016, 11:17:31 pm »

No he won't. Neither he nor Rubio, who both have great political futures, are going to soil themselves by bathing in the Trump sewer water.

Listen here, RIV.  The GOPe is backing Trump (and that ought to make you, of all people, gag). But there is a huge swath of Republicans who have turned their backs on the party and on Trump.

Did you hear?  Trump's back on his Touchback Amnesty plan?  Deport 11 million, bring them all back and legalize them.  An amnesty.

That will never happen, of course, but Trump's waving his.......hands around saying it will.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

« Reply #15 on: May 04, 2016, 11:18:30 pm »
That's beyond politics..that is character assassination

It's still politics, Myst.  We've simply not had a Republican fighter before.

When Trump points out, over and over and over again, Hillary's flaws, will this be character assassination, too? 

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #16 on: May 04, 2016, 11:20:59 pm »
It IS politics, and I bet RiV is right - soon, Ted Cruz will endorse Trump.
He'll do it to preserve and further his future in politics because he's smart.

The thing that's different about Trump is that he really is a smart guy that likes to come across with a braggadocious New York attitude and it catches people off-guard.  It's politics and Cruz knows it too.

It's all kabuki theater.

Ted Cruz's message to Trump should be:  KMA.

A-Lert

« Reply #17 on: May 04, 2016, 11:21:17 pm »
You think Reagan would've tolerated his primary opponent treating Nancy the way Trump treated Heidi?

That was a different time. My point being that Reagan was forced into taking Bush as his VP. Bush wasn't his choice.

« Reply #18 on: May 04, 2016, 11:24:12 pm »

And it may well be.  But I hope he does that prepared to find another political party or job. :shrug:

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #19 on: May 04, 2016, 11:24:25 pm »

When Trump points out, over and over and over again, Hillary's flaws, will this be character assassination, too?

All she has to do is quote his "blood flowing out of her wherever"s.  THAT is NOT character assassination. It is quoting a scoundrel's own words.

Character flaws are one thing.  Trashing another man's wife, using a tabloid trash story to malign a man's father is sewage.  And Trump is STILL talking about it today.

The man is slime.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #20 on: May 04, 2016, 11:26:24 pm »

No...why..because Hillary is a LIAR, Crook, responsible for the 4 deaths in Bengahzi ....etc.....there is a difference.
Support the USO

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #21 on: May 04, 2016, 11:26:40 pm »
And it may well be.  But I hope he does that prepared to find another political party or job. :shrug:

He's a Republican Senator from Texas.  And he will be that as long as he wants to be.

Trump has no control over the Senate, RIV. Or elections or  who is a member of the Republican Party.

You're full of hubris.  Pride goeth before the fall.

« Reply #22 on: May 04, 2016, 11:27:58 pm »
All she has to do is quote his "blood flowing out of her wherever"s.  THAT is NOT character assassination. It is quoting a scoundrel's own words.

Character flaws are one thing.  Trashing another man's wife, using a tabloid trash story to malign a man's father is sewage.  And Trump is STILL talking about it today.

The man is slime.

I get it, you don't like Donald Trump.  You will never vote for Donald Trump.  I get it.  There's really no need to be so repetitious.  You're not going to change my mind. 

A-Lert

« Reply #23 on: May 04, 2016, 11:29:13 pm »

http://www.newsmax.com/Newsfront/Donald-Trump-Cruz-donation-PAC/2014/04/18/id/566428/

Real estate mogul and entertainment personality Donald Trump gave $5,000 to Sen. Ted Cruz’s leadership PAC in January, according to newly released campaign records.

The Hill reported that Trump’s donation to the tea party-backed Texas Republican — the maximum allowed per election cycle — is the latest indication that the men are becoming political allies.

The relationship between the pair got off to a bumpy start. Last August, Trump said he wasn’t sure whether Cruz could be president because he was born in Canada.

But at a February Republican Party dinner at his Mar-a-Lago Club in Florida, the tycoon called Cruz a "very special guy" and defended his 21-hour filibuster on the Senate floor over Obamacare.

"One of the reasons I like Ted Cruz so much, is that he’s not controversial," he said, to laughs from the audience.

Breaking News at Newsmax.com http://www.newsmax.com/Newsfront/Donald-Trump-Cruz-donation-PAC/2014/04/18/id/566428/#ixzz47jUNrvej

« Reply #24 on: May 04, 2016, 11:32:00 pm »
No...why..because Hillary is a LIAR, Crook, responsible for the 4 deaths in Bengahzi ....etc.....there is a difference.

Trump was not wrong about Ted Cruz, the career politician, his money handlers, and his positions on America v globalization.  Nor was Trump wrong to protest the lies Cruz tried to spread about Trump's positions.

I know this is upsetting, but Cruz was/is a very flawed politician.

Politics, Myst.  It's politics.