Author Topic: From CNN's Gregory Wallace: The NeverTrump numbers  (Read 803 times)

Offline Paladin

From CNN's Gregory Wallace: The NeverTrump numbers
« on: May 04, 2016, 07:55:46 pm »
Obviously money not well spent, except, of course, when it comes to a number of the posters on here.

"The television ad campaign to defeat Donald Trump was at least a $75.7 million effort, according to the ad tracking firm Kantar Media/CMAG. (Their full estimate: $75,723,580)

It comprised nearly 64,000 ad spots throughout the campaign.

And that's the figure for broadcast television alone. Anti-Trump ads also ran on cable and satellite television, but the tracking data does not capture that.

A pro-Marco Rubio group spent the most against Trump. Conservative Solutions PAC spent more than one out of every four dollars against Trump -- about $19.7 million.

One of their spots -- "Serious" -- was the most-run anti-Trump ad. It ran 3,939 times.

A pro-Ted Cruz group aired the second-most run anti-Trump ad. "Day One" criticizes Trump among other candidates.

The pro-Jeb Bush super PAC Right to Rise USA spent nearly $10 million, the second-most of any group.

Hillary Clinton's campaign spent $5.2 million on ads with anti-Trump messages, the most of any presidential candidate on either side of the aisle.

Cruz's campaign spent more than any other Republican against Trump, some $4.3 million."

http://www.cnn.com/2016/05/03/politics/indiana-primary-results-live-updates/index.html#lf-content=163742678:lb-post-058f48aca7760fde51687e5132d6fe14@livefyre.com

So in consolation for their severe drubbing last night, and the consequences emerging this morning, I give you anti-Trumpsters this. Enjoy, even if Gateway Pundit calls it, "a new low in intraparty fighting." Therefore you will love it and can play it again and again when Trump gives his acceptance speech at the Republican National Convention.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VJeo0dNwZQ8

Members of the anti-Trump cabal: Now that Mr Trump has sewn up the nomination, I want you to know I feel your pain.

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
Re: From CNN's Gregory Wallace: The NeverTrump numbers
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2016, 08:00:49 pm »
You should listen to R Lee Ermey's spew on Full Metal Jacket for a description of exactly what Hillary is going to do to Donald in Novemeber:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5TNhS81w4bM

Wingnut

« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2016, 08:20:18 pm »
Except without a reach-around.

Offline bolobaby

« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2016, 08:23:36 pm »
This makes me think of a thread I should start...
How to lose credibility while posting:
1. Trump is never wrong.
2. Default to the most puerile emoticon you can find. This is especially useful when you can't win an argument on merits.
3. Be falsely ingratiating, completely but politely dismissive without talking to the points, and bring up Hillary whenever the conversation is really about conservatism.
4. When all else fails, remember rule #1 and #2. Emoticons are like the poor man's tweet!

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2016, 08:27:02 pm »
This makes me think of a thread I should start...

About reach arounds? We already got that. It's the TCG.

Wingnut

« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2016, 08:28:14 pm »

Thought that was a circle jerk?

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2016, 08:28:30 pm »

:silly: