Author Topic: Trump 'interested' in vetting Kasich for VP  (Read 190 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Trump 'interested' in vetting Kasich for VP
« on: May 04, 2016, 07:43:58 pm »
http://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box/presidential-races/278704-trump-interested-in-vetting-kasich-for-vp

May 04, 2016, 02:08 pm
Trump 'interested' in vetting Kasich for VP

By Ben Kamisar

Donald Trump said he'd consider vetting John Kasich for the vice presidential nomination just hours before the Ohio governor is to announce his decision to end his 2016 presidential bid. 
"I would be interested in vetting John," the presumptive Republican presidential nominee said Wednesday on CNN when asked about Kasich's decision to drop out.

"I like John. I've had a good relationship with John. Whether he is vice president or not, he will be very helpful with Ohio."

CNN broke the news to Trump during an interview with Wolf Blitzer, to which Trump said Kasich was "doing the right thing."

The likely GOP nominee also chided Democratic front-runner Hillary Clinton for failing to lock up her nomination before him.

"I thought that I'd be going longer and she'd be going shorter, but she can't put it away. She's like a football team that can't get it over the line," Trump said.

Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34