Author Topic: Trump: VP pick 'most likely' elected official  (Read 3157 times)

Offline don-o

• Worldview Moderator
  • FR Class of '98
Trump: VP pick 'most likely' elected official
« on: May 04, 2016, 01:24:02 pm »

By Jesse Byrnes

May 4, 2016

http://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box/presidential-races/278638-trump-vp-pick-most-likely-elected-official

Presumptive Republican presidential nominee Donald Trump said early Wednesday that he'd "most likely" pick an elected official as his running mate.

Trump declined to offer any names during a phone interview on ABC's "Good Morning America." When asked if his VP pick would definitely be a Republican, Trump responded, "Yes, that's true."

"It will probably be a person with political experience," Trumps said. "I do like the political sphere."

Trump said he could handle two of the three major priorities of a president, but would need help with the third.

"You have the military sphere, you have the political sphere and you have the business. Well the business I handle. I'm going to be very, very good on the military," Trump said.

"I think probably I would like to go with somebody with great political experience."

Offline don-o

• Worldview Moderator
  • FR Class of '98
Re: Trump: VP pick 'most likely' elected official
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2016, 01:26:13 pm »
And so it begins. Trump rehabilitates the political class.

We need to keep count, if possible, of how many rabbits he pulls out the how many hats, going forward.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2016, 01:47:31 pm by don-o »

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2016, 01:26:59 pm »

By Jesse Byrnes

May 4, 2016

http://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box/presidential-races/278638-trump-vp-pick-most-likely-elected-official

Presumptive Republican presidential nominee Donald Trump said early Wednesday that he'd "most likely" pick an elected official as his running mate.

Trump declined to offer any names during a phone interview on ABC's "Good Morning America." When asked if his VP pick would definitely be a Republican, Trump responded, "Yes, that's true."

"It will probably be a person with political experience," Trumps said. "I do like the political sphere."

Trump said he could handle two of the three major priorities of a president, but would need help with the third.

"You have the military sphere, you have the political sphere and you have the business. Well the business I handle. I'm going to be very, very good on the military," Trump said.

"I think probably I would like to go with somebody with great political experience."

My bet is it will be one of these:

Bloomberg
Oprah
Al Sharpton
Jesse Ventura
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

geronl

« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2016, 01:31:23 pm »

Bloomberg
Oprah
Al Sharpton
Jesse Ventura

lol

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2016, 01:31:42 pm »
Jeff Sessions.   In the end, Sessions will be the only high-profile politician willing to be seen with him.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline don-o

• Worldview Moderator
  • FR Class of '98
« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2016, 01:34:18 pm »
Jeff Sessions.   In the end, Sessions will be the only high-profile politician willing to be seen with him.

That was a name that popped in my head. Would be a shame. And would not move me n inch.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2016, 01:34:29 pm »

By Jesse Byrnes

May 4, 2016

Translation:   "I am accepting bids from people who want that office."
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline libertybele

« Reply #7 on: May 04, 2016, 01:40:20 pm »
Trump just more or less admitted that he doesn't know what the hell he's doing ... he needs someone with political experience because he doesn't have clue one about the functionality of government.  So in other words, he needs someone in the VP slot to lead from behind.  What a royal idiot.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline kjam22

« Reply #8 on: May 04, 2016, 01:42:57 pm »
Trump just more or less admitted that he doesn't know what the hell he's doing ... he needs someone with political experience because he doesn't have clue one about the functionality of government.  So in other words, he needs someone in the VP slot to lead from behind.  What a royal idiot.

John Bohener is looking for a job....  He and King Trumpy would probably get along great......   But I figure he'll reach across the Isle and pick a dem to run with him...
America needs God's forgiveness....... Even if Donald Trump doesn't think he does.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #9 on: May 04, 2016, 01:43:24 pm »

Bloomberg
Oprah
Al Sharpton
Jesse Ventura

No way he would pick Ventura or Oprah. Ventura would compete with him on ego and insanity,and even kick his Mama's  Boy ass. Oprah would be more popular AND has more money,so that would rule her out,too. Especially since she started with nothing and earned her money.

Bloomberg has enough money to hire Trump to wash his car,so Trump won't pick him because he can't stand the wealth comparison. Plus Bloomberg might have bigger hands,and there is no way Trump is going to pick a running mate with bigger hands.

Sharpton is a possibility,but they are both denizens of NYC.

Maybe Cynthia McKinney,the insane black racist ex-congresscritter from Ga to bring in the black southern and Whymen? vote? She is almost as crazy as  he is,so that might be a plus from his POV?
« Last Edit: May 04, 2016, 01:48:29 pm by sneakypete »
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
« Reply #10 on: May 04, 2016, 01:54:41 pm »
He is one politician Trump hasn't maligned and smeared- so maybe. I lost my respect for Sessions when he joined the cult of personality and went with the celebrity con-artist instead of Cruz. Wouldn't change my mind about Trump if Sessions was in the VP slot.
Principles matter. Words matter.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #11 on: May 04, 2016, 01:57:52 pm »
John Bohener is looking for a job....  He and King Trumpy would probably get along great......   But I figure he'll reach across the Isle and pick a dem to run with him...

Actually, I think Boehner as Trump's VP is a very real possibility and wouldn't surprise me in the least.  At that point in time the Trumpsters will realize they've been duped.  I can't think of a more despised establishment politician.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Henry Noel

« Reply #12 on: May 04, 2016, 02:00:24 pm »
Actually, I think Boehner as Trump's VP is a very real possibility and wouldn't surprise me in the least.  At that point in time the Trumpsters will realize they've been duped.

I don't know ... they could very well end up like Winston Smith, learning to love Big Brother.
Gee, it feels great to be a gangster!

Offline MBB1984

« Reply #13 on: May 04, 2016, 02:00:44 pm »
Rubio most likely. 

Offline John W

« Reply #14 on: May 04, 2016, 02:01:31 pm »
Sure thought Chris Christie had the vice-presidential gaze of adoration down pat.

Offline Eowyn

• Don't blame me, I voted for Ted Cruz.
« Reply #15 on: May 04, 2016, 02:02:09 pm »
Actually, I think Boehner as Trump's VP is a very real possibility and wouldn't surprise me in the least. At that point in time the Trumpsters will realize they've been duped.  I can't think of a more despised establishment politician.

Wouldn't surprise me at all either.

geronl

« Reply #16 on: May 04, 2016, 02:03:13 pm »
Actually, I think Boehner as Trump's VP is a very real possibility and wouldn't surprise me in the least.  At that point in time the Trumpsters will realize they've been duped.  I can't think of a more despised establishment politician.

his support of abortion and men in the girls bathroom didn't hurt

Offline Henry Noel

« Reply #17 on: May 04, 2016, 02:03:46 pm »

Bloomberg
Oprah
Al Sharpton
Jesse Ventura

Or he could pull Chris Christie out of his ass.

Offline ThePatriotFile

• #NEVERCLINTON
« Reply #18 on: May 04, 2016, 02:07:44 pm »
I'm going to be very, very good on the military," Trump said.

Because... WHY?

Well if he gets his news from the National Enquirer... I guess he can get his military experience from movies and tv right?
 :huh?:

Offline Millee

« Reply #19 on: May 04, 2016, 02:08:51 pm »
Sure thought Chris Christie had the vice-presidential gaze of adoration down pat.

I've heard Christie, Newt, Kasich, Rubio and Susannah Martinez bantered about.   :shrug:

geronl

« Reply #20 on: May 04, 2016, 02:09:24 pm »
Because... WHY?

Well if he gets his news from the National Enquirer... I guess he can get his military experience from movies and tv right?

He watches the shows, he watches very good shows, really good shows....

geronl

« Reply #21 on: May 04, 2016, 02:10:16 pm »
Or he could pull Chris Christie out of his ass.

Oh yeah, that will definitely unify the party. lol

Offline Henry Noel

« Reply #22 on: May 04, 2016, 02:15:45 pm »
Because... WHY?

I think it's more on the lines of "we'll fast-track transgender bathrooms throughout the DoD." That way he pulls in both the extreme left perverts and the far-right hawks. Brilliant!
« Last Edit: May 04, 2016, 02:44:17 pm by Henry Noel »

Offline Mechanicos

« Reply #23 on: May 04, 2016, 02:59:25 pm »
He is one politician Trump hasn't maligned and smeared- so maybe. I lost my respect for Sessions when he joined the cult of personality and went with the celebrity con-artist instead of Cruz. Wouldn't change my mind about Trump if Sessions was in the VP slot.

Awhile back Trump had indicated his VP pick would be an experienced politician (like over 20 years) to handle managing  the political battles. Trump being a strategist would not pick anybody who would create incentive for the GOPe/Dems to impeach/assassinate him. In other words, the VP would be repugnant to the Establishment as much as or worse then Trump.  Such as Paul....
Trump is for America First.
"Crooked Hillary Clinton is the Secretary of the Status Quo – and wherever Hillary Clinton goes, corruption and scandal follow." D. Trump 7/11/16

Did you know that the word ‘gullible’ is not in the dictionary?

Isaiah 54:17

Offline Mechanicos

« Reply #24 on: May 04, 2016, 03:01:33 pm »
I don't. Somebody like that would energize the Uni-Party Rulers to Impeach/assassinate Trump. Hes a lot of things, stupid is not one of them.
Trump is for America First.
"Crooked Hillary Clinton is the Secretary of the Status Quo – and wherever Hillary Clinton goes, corruption and scandal follow." D. Trump 7/11/16

Did you know that the word ‘gullible’ is not in the dictionary?

Isaiah 54:17