Author Topic: Bill Kristol Reconsidering #NeverTrump: "Never Say Never"  (Read 1507 times)

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
Re: Bill Kristol Reconsidering #NeverTrump: "Never Say Never"
« Reply #25 on: May 04, 2016, 03:07:35 pm »
one of these evils is vastly worse than the other.

Yes, I agree.  Trump's potential evils include unhinged bellicosity with a hair-trigger temper,  megalomania, humiliation of this nation in the eyes of the world, destruction of the jobs of millions by starting a foolish trade war, provocation of a race war, provocation of a world war,  just to name a few off.   The man's a flippin' proto-fascist, and some of his supporters are real fringies and nutcases.   

Given all that, I'd say the corrupt establishment liberal is the lesser evil.   
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline Mesaclone

« Reply #26 on: May 04, 2016, 03:18:31 pm »
Yes, I agree.  Trump's potential evils include unhinged bellicosity with a hair-trigger temper,  megalomania, humiliation of this nation in the eyes of the world, destruction of the jobs of millions by starting a foolish trade war, provocation of a race war, provocation of a world war,  just to name a few off.   The man's a flippin' proto-fascist, and some of his supporters are real fringies and nutcases.   

Given all that, I'd say the corrupt establishment liberal is the lesser evil.   

OK, so you are officially a Hillary Clinton supporter.

Not all that surprising given your drama queen, unsupported-Dem talking point, description of the GOP nominee. You've every right to be a Dem voter, irrational as that might be from the conservative perspective.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2016, 03:19:20 pm by Mesaclone »
We have the best government that money can buy. Mark Twain

Offline don-o

• Worldview Moderator
  • FR Class of '98
« Reply #27 on: May 04, 2016, 03:43:46 pm »
I am not a fan of Donald Trump, but if he's what it takes to keep that woman out of the WH, so be it.

She LET Benghazi happen. She can never be POTUS!

The problem is that he cannot do that. Merely wishing it  will not make it happen. His temperament and character make him unfit for office. Just so all know where I stand.

Offline don-o

• Worldview Moderator
  • FR Class of '98
« Reply #28 on: May 04, 2016, 03:48:18 pm »

d post
Any idiot who can't see the difference between these two on policy and purpose, is being a willful fool who lacks the maturity to accept that in the contest between two evils, one of these evils is vastly worse than the other. But hey, continue on reassuring yourself with these simplistic/childish declarations that they are "both the same". It helps some to justify acting like a spoiled child, and will ensure the hegemony of extreme Leftist governance under the purview of Mrs Clinton.

I thought / hoped this level of dialog was behind me now. I really do not relish building an ignore list. I see a good post self sabotaged by unnecessary name calling. There is no upside to that.

fwiw

Offline BuckeyeTexan

« Reply #29 on: May 04, 2016, 05:42:35 pm »
His temperament and character make him unfit for office.

No argument there. But the same applies to Hillary. This primary was a disaster.  :thud:
There are those that break and bend. I'm the other kind. ~Steve Earle

Offline BuckeyeTexan

« Reply #30 on: May 04, 2016, 05:56:20 pm »
While you may think Trump to be duplicitous and uncommitted to the above positions, he WILL be tied to them as he has made them the epicenter of his campaign. A president cannot walk away from such things, particularly when his only base of support in governing will come from the GOP members of the House and Senate. So while you may doubt him, he will have no choice politically but to hold tightly to all those positions...so his personal veracity will be controlled by political necessity.

That you actually believe so is in direct contradiction to Donald Trump's own words:

"Everything is negotiable." ~Donald Trump, Monday February 29, 2016 on Fox News

He will walk away from whatever he decides should be left on the table. I hope y'all get what he promised.
There are those that break and bend. I'm the other kind. ~Steve Earle

A-Lert

« Reply #31 on: May 04, 2016, 07:14:44 pm »
You are right, there's not a dime difference.
They agree on everything except:

1) Border control and immigration.j
2) Strengthening the military
3) Rebuilding coal and fossil fuel industries.
4) Abolishing the Iran deal.
5) Appointing justices "like Scalia" as Trump said...Clinton wants justices like "Sotomayor".
6) Oil pipeline to Canada
7) Clinton was more taxes on corporations, Trump wants far less.
8) Clinton wants to raise individual taxes, Trump wants to hold the line and/or cut.
9) Clinton wants to turn virtually every illegal into a citizen, Trump wants to deport millions
10) Trump wants to get out of crappy trade deals and force corporations back to the US, Clinton thinks our trade policy is just great.
11) Virtually every other issue imaginable.

While you may think Trump to be duplicitous and uncommitted to the above positions, he WILL be tied to them as he has made them the epicenter of his campaign. A president cannot walk away from such things, particularly when his only base of support in governing will come from the GOP members of the House and Senate. So while you may doubt him, he will have no choice politically but to hold tightly to all those positions...so his personal veracity will be controlled by political necessity. Hillary on the other hand, will work with 110% ferocity to ensure everyone of those items on the above list are imposed on all of us with a liberal tenacity that will shape the SCJ for a generation, remove your gun rights...perhaps permanently, weaken our national defense, proliferate abortion including the heinous "partial-birth" procedure, and ensure the perpetuation and triumph of the liberal cultural ideal and political correctness for the rest of our lifetimes.

Any idiot who can't see the difference between these two on policy and purpose, is being a willful fool who lacks the maturity to accept that in the contest between two evils, one of these evils is vastly worse than the other. But hey, continue on reassuring yourself with these simplistic/childish declarations that they are "both the same". It helps some to justify acting like a spoiled child, and will ensure the hegemony of extreme Leftist governance under the purview of Mrs Clinton.

:thumbsup:
Trump and Clinton are diametrically opposed on nearly every important issue.

Offline Timber Rattler

• Conservative Purist and Patriot
« Reply #32 on: May 04, 2016, 07:20:02 pm »
Kristol is a first-class hypocrite.
aka "nasty degenerate SOB," "worst of the worst at Free Republic," "Garbage Troll," "Neocon Warmonger," "Filthy Piece of Trash," "damn $#%$#@!," "Silly f'er," "POS," "war pig," "neocon scumbag," "insignificant little ankle nipper," "@ss-clown," "neocuck," "termite," "Uniparty Deep stater," "Never Trump sack of dog feces," "avid Bidenista," "filthy Ukrainian," "war whore," "fricking chump," psychopathic POS, and depraved SOB.

"In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act."  ---George Orwell

"If you want peace, prepare for war." ---Flavius Vegetius Renatus