Author Topic: Ted Cruz drops out of presidential race  (Read 67863 times)

Online Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
Re: Ted Cruz drops out of presidential race
« Reply #75 on: May 04, 2016, 01:42:10 am »
The line forming outside Trump's door extends down the hallway...it's the GOPe waiting to speak to The Godfather.   

Don't forget to kiss his ring.  :laugh:

Trumpsters  definitely have this weird homoerotic thing for their God-king...

Offline bolobaby

« Reply #76 on: May 04, 2016, 01:42:59 am »
So childish, just plain rank immaturity.

Think, man. If every supporter of every candidate takes a Never_____ approach to the candidate who wins the primaries...than our party will be divided and lose every election. Its not a matter of ethics, its a matter of common sense and intellect. As was said, you cut off your face to spite your nose...and you're reply about "being quite clear" just confirms that your doing so. Look in the mirror when Hillary appoints the next 3 SCJ...because THAT will be "quite clear" as well, and have clear consequences for Evangelicals and Conservatives alike for a very long time.

Sorry, but this isn't hard to figure out. If a liberal infiltrates the "conservative" primary, and somehow manages to steal the nomination with lies and populism, that doesn't mean the people who saw through his act should now throw up their hands and say, "Oh well... might as well vote for the liberal."

You do it. I won't. We were clear about this from the get-go. No amount of cajoling on your part will work. You have your stinky fish - try and get other people to eat it.
How to lose credibility while posting:
1. Trump is never wrong.
2. Default to the most puerile emoticon you can find. This is especially useful when you can't win an argument on merits.
3. Be falsely ingratiating, completely but politely dismissive without talking to the points, and bring up Hillary whenever the conversation is really about conservatism.
4. When all else fails, remember rule #1 and #2. Emoticons are like the poor man's tweet!

Offline musiclady

« Reply #77 on: May 04, 2016, 01:43:34 am »

Did Trump really tweet that blasphemy??

He's got a lot more to worry about that the anger of every decent person in this country tonight.....
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline LMAO

I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline The Jackal

• #nevertrump
« Reply #79 on: May 04, 2016, 01:44:58 am »
So childish, just plain rank immaturity.

Think, man. If every supporter of every candidate takes a Never_____ approach to the candidate who wins the primaries...than our party will be divided and lose every election. Its not a matter of ethics, its a matter of common sense and intellect. As was said, you cut off your face to spite your nose...and you're reply about "being quite clear" just confirms that your doing so. Look in the mirror when Hillary appoints the next 3 SCJ...because THAT will be "quite clear" as well, and have clear consequences for Evangelicals and Conservatives alike for a very long time.

The #nevertrump crowd has always understood that a Hillary win would spell hardship for conservatives and evangelicals. We're willing to suffer that in order to not compromise our principles for an election that would see someone like Trump enact the same policies and nominate the same SCOTUS justices. You backed a liberal Mesa, and no matter how much you try to dress it up Trump is what he is. You think you're getting that wall? You think you're getting favorable trade policies? You think you're gonna get a trifecta of Antonin Scalias? Well you won't. 

#nevertrump
« Last Edit: May 04, 2016, 01:47:07 am by The Jackal »

Offline Gov Bean Counter

« Reply #80 on: May 04, 2016, 01:45:20 am »
How apropos. And just a reminder why I will not vote for Scam Wow. 

I wonder, is it too early to speak of impeachment should trump somehow win? Beware Ceasar.. the Ides of March as this may well be something the GOPE and democrats can agree on.

Senator Cruz will get the last laugh in two years when he casts the deciding vote to convict an impeached President Trump. I suspect also that Jr and the blond headed punk will be frog marched out of their offices at Trump Enterprises in cuffs for profiting from Trump's presidency.
Donald Trump - Simple solutions for the simple minded...

Offline kjam22

« Reply #81 on: May 04, 2016, 01:45:39 am »
Trumpsters  definitely have this weird homoerotic thing for their God-king...

I call it King Trump Worship......  And I don't back down from that belief...... of course that didn't go so well at notsofreerepublic.
America needs God's forgiveness....... Even if Donald Trump doesn't think he does.

Offline Mesaclone

« Reply #82 on: May 04, 2016, 01:47:32 am »
Mescalone.........did your daughter's father ever suggest that she has a great figure and if she wasn't my daughter I would date her?

Do I have to be an evangelical Christian to find that comment troubling. 
I have daughters too, nice to know yours are brilliant and gifted, but I cannot imagine their father thinking about dating them.  Does yours?

Its a rather crass manner of speaking no doubt, and not my style. But his comment was simply asserting that his daughter was beautiful and a wonderful person...his phrasing was clumsy and awkward, but you are reading some nefarious intent into that just wasn't there. And I can forgive poor articulation in a candidate, if it comes with candor and directness.

The argument for Trump not is that he's a wonderful guy...I think at a personal level I'd have no desire to spend 5 minutes with him... its that he'd be a strong and assertive president who'd further causes like border control, a strengthened military, a trimmed up government, the repeal of Obamacare and a vast improvement in trade policy and job creation via lower taxes. THAT is why I vote for Trump, as I'm not looking to elect him a Mr. Congeniality.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2016, 01:48:24 am by Mesaclone »
We have the best government that money can buy. Mark Twain

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #83 on: May 04, 2016, 01:47:43 am »
Well, there is a lot to say and do still, the Convention is a few months away yet.

Offline wolfcreek

« Reply #84 on: May 04, 2016, 01:47:52 am »
It's all about one issue now.....defeating the Leftists

Go to sleep tonight with that on your mind.

Please

Offline musiclady

« Reply #85 on: May 04, 2016, 01:48:15 am »

But you are clearly blinded to the FACT that Trump degrades women, not only by his amoral behavior, but by his vulgar language and hideous innuendo.

Again.......... either you choose to ignore reality, or you aren't bothered by a man who verbally abuses and degrades women on a regular basis.

As someone above suggested........ my guess is that you would never cheapen your own daughters as Trump has his.  It doesn't take a Christian to recognize moral depravity.......... only a decent human being.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Offline Fantom

« Reply #87 on: May 04, 2016, 01:49:49 am »
The #nevertrump crowd has always understood that a Hillary win would spell hardship for conservatives and evangelicals. We're willing to suffer that in order to not compromise our principles for an election that would see someone like Trump enact the same policies and nominate the same SCOTUS justices. You backed a liberal Mesa, and no matter how much you try to dress it up Trump is what he is. You think you're getting that wall? You think you're getting favorable trade policies? You think you're gonna get a trifecta of Antonin Scalias? Well you won't. 

#nevertrump

Indeed, well said.

Conservatives need to set for 2020 and defeating President Clinton... maybe it will be bad enough by then that The People will see more clearly.
Those who profess to favor freedom, and yet deprecate agitation, are men who want crops without plowing up the ground, they want rain without thunder and lightning, they want the ocean without the awful roar of its many waters.

Frederick Douglass

Offline musiclady

« Reply #88 on: May 04, 2016, 01:50:05 am »

Please

We now have a choice of ONLY leftists.  I'm not sleeping easily with the idea that the choice in November will be between TWO corrupt Progressives.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #89 on: May 04, 2016, 01:52:00 am »
Indeed, well said.

Conservatives need to set for 2020 and defeating President Clinton... maybe it will be bad enough by then that The People will see more clearly.

I'm not optimistic about that, Fantom.  After eight years of leftist Obama, the two parties are nominating two who share his ideology.

There doesn't seem to be much hope that Americans will wake up by 2020.

Offline Fantom

« Reply #90 on: May 04, 2016, 01:52:29 am »
I call it King Trump Worship......  And I don't back down from that belief...... of course that didn't go so well at notsofreerepublic.

Heh.. Ya think?   :pondering:
Those who profess to favor freedom, and yet deprecate agitation, are men who want crops without plowing up the ground, they want rain without thunder and lightning, they want the ocean without the awful roar of its many waters.

Frederick Douglass

Offline Mesaclone

« Reply #91 on: May 04, 2016, 01:52:38 am »
But you are clearly blinded to the FACT that Trump degrades women, not only by his amoral behavior, but by his vulgar language and hideous innuendo.

Again.......... either you choose to ignore reality, or you aren't bothered by a man who verbally abuses and degrades women on a regular basis. I will take the third choice, in that I disagree with your assertion that he degrades and/or verbally abuses women.

As someone above suggested........ my guess is that you would never cheapen your own daughters as Trump has his.  It doesn't take a Christian to recognize moral depravity.......... only a decent human being.

He's not running for the Nice Guy of the Year Award. I believe him to be a strong leader, determined to do the things he's campaigned on. Many of you do not, but that does not make those of us who disagree with you either deluded or immoral. It simply means that, having seen all of the same evidence you have, we've reached a very different conclusion.
We have the best government that money can buy. Mark Twain

Offline WAC

« Reply #92 on: May 04, 2016, 01:54:45 am »
exactly. If Trump is a Republican then I am not.

Oh I can relate to that exactly!  He's done everything but represent what I want to be associated with.....

Offline mlizzy

• Rosary for Peace
« Reply #93 on: May 04, 2016, 01:55:05 am »
Did Trump really tweet that blasphemy??

He's got a lot more to worry about that the anger of every decent person in this country tonight.....
No, that is not an actual tweet from his account:  http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/donald-trump-tweets-throughout-history_us_568a93d3e4b0b958f65c274c

However, this one is:

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/516382177798680576
America needs no words from me to see how your decision in Roe v. Wade has deformed a great nation. The so-called right to abortion has pitted mothers against their children and women against men. Human rights are not a privilege conferred by government. They are every human being's entitlement by virtue of his humanity. The right to life does not depend, and must not be declared to be contingent, on the pleasure of anyone else, not even a parent or a sovereign. -Blessed Mother Teresa of Calcutta

Offline Fantom

« Reply #94 on: May 04, 2016, 01:56:23 am »
I'm not optimistic about that, Fantom.  After eight years of leftist Obama, the two parties are nominating two who share his ideology.

There doesn't seem to be much hope that Americans will wake up by 2020.

And yet we must try.

It is always darker before the dawn. The next four years are seeming to be very dark.

Frederick Douglass

Offline musiclady

« Reply #95 on: May 04, 2016, 01:56:32 am »
He's not running for the Nice Guy of the Year Award. I believe him to be a strong leader, determined to do the things he's campaigned on. Many of you do not, but that does not make those of us who disagree with you either deluded or immoral. It simply means that, having seen all of the same evidence you have, we've reached a very different conclusion.

In the first place, don't accuse me of saying YOU are immoral.  I have no reason to believe you are.

But you are deluded........ either because you haven't learned enough about Trump, or that you willfully ignore all the FACTS about him.   You either haven't seen the evidence, or you've chosen to ignore it.

But it's out there all over the place.  Videos of him, voicing his degradation with his own words.

You clearly don't want to see it, but that doesn't make the truth go away.

The Dems are champing at the bit to go after him, and Hillary will sweep into office because of the delusions of a third of Republican primary voters.

Offline kjam22

« Reply #96 on: May 04, 2016, 01:56:48 am »
Its a rather crass manner of speaking no doubt, and not my style. But his comment was simply asserting that his daughter was beautiful and a wonderful person...his phrasing was clumsy and awkward, but you are reading some nefarious intent into that just wasn't there. And I can forgive poor articulation in a candidate, if it comes with candor and directness.

The argument for Trump not is that he's a wonderful guy...I think at a personal level I'd have no desire to spend 5 minutes with him... its that he'd be a strong and assertive president who'd further causes like border control, a strengthened military, a trimmed up government, the repeal of Obamacare and a vast improvement in trade policy and job creation via lower taxes. THAT is why I vote for Trump, as I'm not looking to elect him a Mr. Congeniality.

So after 4 years of a King Trumpy reign.... when he hasn't started building the wall and is making excuses and blaming it on "politics".... and when he has figured out that you can't tax everything from china by 45% without bankrupting all of the "little people"  .... and when the only jobs he has created are a few union jobs (after he decreed a tax on Ford for moving their plant to mexico)  and he's best buds with the united auto workers leadership..... how are you going to feel about his majesty King Trumpy then?
America needs God's forgiveness....... Even if Donald Trump doesn't think he does.

Offline Victoria33

« Reply #97 on: May 04, 2016, 01:57:46 am »
Ted Cruz drops out of presidential race
Its over, now we come together against Hillary.
@Silver Pines
No, Trump is literally crazy and I will not vote for him.
If Bernie Sanders is the Dem. candidate, I will vote for him as he is not crazy.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #98 on: May 04, 2016, 01:58:15 am »
A real damned shame. We had the conservative we've been fighting for since 2009 when Rick Santelli made his impassioned plea on the floor of the Chicago Board of Trade. And the American people threw him under the bus. So be it. They made their decision let them live with it.

#nevertrump

It is a shame. At this point all I can say is, God, please help us!

#NeverTrump
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #99 on: May 04, 2016, 01:58:39 am »

Nah - they're all leftists. Nothing left to do.

Nah, I'll go to sleep with visions of my next priority - I'll now spend the summer trying to catch a rainbow trout as long as my arm... A goal that has a chance of success.

Play nice and I might just show up to vote Constitution Party or AIP, and pay attention to the down-ticket... As for now, starting this weekend, it's all about the beer and the fishin pole.

You go try to pimp your liberal NY Yankee by yourself.